Who did you use to buy Euro Disney Shares?

Hi

Can't complain so far ...... contract arrived this morning, only purchased the shares yesterday :flower: :cool1: :goodvibes

Wow, your contract arrived today - thats amazing! :earboy2: I bought my shares through Hargreaves and Lansdown 10p per share and £5/transfer stamp, £15/commission [total £120]. I sent my shareholders application off immediatly [hoping I would qualify for the old conditions of entry], but still haven't heard a thing. :rolleyes: How long does it normally take? :confused3

I see some postings saying 4 weeks average, oh and where do I find all the details of dream tickets etc. It sounds really worth finding out about!

Have any of you been in Salon Mickey - whats it like? :love: Is it always really busy?

Sorry Cyrano,

Bonhoga again :blush: . have now looked at link and think annual passport sounds like a great idea - but is that the same as the dream ticket? and can I combine my shareholder's discounts with the benefits of the passport? Also where do I apply and how much are they?

Sorry - thats a lot of questions, if anybody can direct me again, for the answers to these second lot of questions :rolleyes1

Thanks - you are all stars!

Hi keep asking as many questions as need be :)

Shareholders discount can be applied when you purchase annual passport.
Unfortunately you cannot combine both discounts :rolleyes: So once you have used the introduction vouchers the shareholders discount at 15% rather than Dream pass of 10% is going too save you more :cool1:

Reid

So if you buy 3 Dream passes you will get a discount of 15%, then a shareholder discount of 15% deducted from that. If you buy 3 Fantasy passes you get a discount of 10%, then the shareholder one. There would be no point buying the more expensive Dream passes if you were only buying them to get the hotel discount, the shareholders discount would give you 10%. We are going to have to buy Dream passports because you can bet your bottom dollar that Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day will end up being black-out days and we could not take the risk of not being able to get into the parks then!!!
Reid, Ware Bears thougt the above. Is this the same as you are saying or do you not think you can get the discount for mulipurchase of AP's and the Shareholders discount in one go ???
How do other people manage to highlight parts of someone elses posting and put it on there own ?

Dee, when you post, above the white square where you type are some symbols. The one on the far right (looks like a speechbubble) is the quotation one. Copy the text you want to do this with and then click the speechbubble. A box will appear and just paste in the text you have copied. And voila!

Dee8197 said:

Reid, Ware Bears thougt the above. Is this the same as you are saying or do you not think you can get the discount for mulipurchase of AP's and the Shareholders discount in one go ????

Yes exactly the same as Elaine, but that you cannot combine the discount when you pay for food, merchandise etc

Reid

Cyrano said:
Yes exactly the same as Elaine, but that you cannot combine the discount when you pay for food, merchandise etc

Reid

Such a shame that they don't combine for the above, isn't it!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Bonhoga, I emailed DLP the other week to ask how to buy the annual passes. Their reply was

You can buy your Annual Passeports either :
by buying a voucher at Guest Relation Window to exchange at the Annual Passport Office located in Discoveryland
by buying a day park ticket that will be deducted from the total cost of the Annual Passport at Annual Passport Office.

Hope this helps.:sunny:

Hi

I have downloades the Shareholders Club Membership from the site and it asks "What type of Shareholder are you?" Pure registered... Administered registered or Bearer. My guess is that the answer is "Bearer." Anyone know if this is correct answer. As you can see I deal in Stocks and Shares all the time and know exactly what I am doing !:rotfl:

Hi All,

Thanks Dee and Cyrano, you have saved me so much time, brilliant :cheer2: .
I hope I can now be of help - I asked Hargreaves and Lansdown when I bought my shares what kind they were and the reply I got was - pure registered. They said that if you buy the shares through them and have the certificates delivered to you, with your name on them and you hold the paperwork, that is pure registered and that is the type you need not just for Euro disney, but most companies to take advantage of shareholders privileges.For instance if you have a sharebuilder account with say the halifax, they administer the shares on your behalf and you have bearer shares, but if you are sitting with share documentation all made out in your name you have pure registered.

I just hope I've got that right now and not just confused everyone. :wave:

PS. I tried to send a URL of the proper expanantion from the Hargreaves and Lansdown info, and also from Eurodisney SCA, but apparantly I can't post URLs until I have a minimum number of postings.If you want Dee I could try and send them to by post?

Thanks Bonhoga.

I think they must be pure registered then given that we will hold them and they are in DH's name:cool1:

Interesting that they ask you what type of shareholder you are now. When I joined the shareholders club, they would only accept your certificate if it was in your name - i.e. Pure Registered shares. That's why I had to buy mine through a broker as my bank only offered a shareholding service where they would buy the shares for you, but they would 'officially' be in the bank's name.

I guess they've changed those rules - and for the better too (makes it a lot easier for people to buy shares this way).

i was looking at the newsletter, and notied that the 10% discount in Disney Stores across Europe has disappeared. Surely they haven't really stopped this discount? It was one of the BIG plus points of being a shareholder in Euro Disney

Thanks Ware Bears for that piece of info about the annual passes - somehow I missed it the other day when I was reading all the posts. :goodvibes

I think Disney sold off the Disney Stores part of hte company to someone else - with the exception (and I may be talking tosh here), of those located at Disney premises (ie theme parks etc).

However, it is a shame, cause it was one of those discounts I was hoping to make use of.

Further - see this article: http://www.answers.com/topic/disney-store-1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter