• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Who drives to WDW

We live in Pittsburgh and this will be our first year to drive. We have planned on driving the past 3yrs but I always find last minute cheap airfare and fly instead. Has anyone driven from pgh to disney I am interested in knowing how long it really takes. Mapquest syas 16hrs. But I am thinking much longer.

We live about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. It usually takes us 17-18 hours to drive straight through. We leave after work around 5:00 pm and arrive before noon the next day. We like to take turns driving throughout the night because there is less traffic.

HTH

We drive from coastal NC, 9 hrs down 10 hrs back every time? Trip down we leave @ 4am (i love to drive straight through) we are there for lunch and hopefully an early check in. Trip home we leave about 9am and have a sad 10 hr trip home. Even with the cost of gas it is cheaperto drive than 3 airline tickets, airport parking, rental car and rental car gas. With all the delays and waiting with airport travel its just easier to drive.

Good Luck

Originally I had heard that gas prices were going to be as high as $4 this summer. Now I hear that it will probably be around $5! :scared1: Maybe the kids and I should set up a lemonade stand to help fund our drive to WDW! :rotfl2:

Originally I had heard that gas prices were going to be as high as $4 this summer. Now I hear that it will probably be around $5! :scared1: Maybe the kids and I should set up a lemonade stand to help fund our drive to WDW! :rotfl2:
dont forget to add the gas sercharge on each cup! i would say about 75 cents or so.:lmao: :lmao:

We have driven three times from the mountains of Western North Carolina and it takes about 10 hours. DH and I first went there on our honeymoon 22 years ago for our honeymoon and we flew down from New Jersey. Our last trip (just returned April 19th) we drove and pulled our fifth wheel which we have only had for almost a year. We took two days to drive with the camper since I had to follow behind the DH and DS---I just can't do the drive in one day. If it were just DH driving, we'd do it in one day, no problem.

we have been driving there for about the last 10 years we leave central NJ around 3 am and travel to savanha Ga then the next day we ussually get in disney in the early afternoon we stay in fort wilderness and wife won't drive truck with trailer so the aprox 18 hrs is a little much for one day

We Drive from Waterloo, Ontario (Canada). Its a 21 1/2hr drive. If you take your stops into consideration it actually takes us about 26 1/2hrs.

Wow! The things some people will endure to see a mouse! LOL

We drive up from Miami, Florida and it usually takes about 4 hrs. Maybe 3 1/2 if DH drives real fast like speed racer. We usually get a ticket though so we've made it in 4 hrs. the last few times up.

We are only in Louisiana a 13 hour drive away. We love to drive there. We have a thing were before we even pull out the driveway we turn on the MMC march and we sing our hearts out as we are going down the street. I can't wait to do it this time. OH HUNNY HURRY AND COME HOME SO WE CAN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! 6 more months until my wonderful husband comes home from Kuwait and we take the kids on their dream trip

only 8 hours from the upstate of SC.

Plus we can drop the puppies off for dog care at the in laws and save $500 on kennel cost.

We just did the drive - first time in 25 years and the first time with the kids. Going down we detoured to Atlanta area to visit family we haven't seen in 15 years - my wife's uncle. We had a wonderful stop for lunch and freshen up. With the the 3 hour stop in Atlanta, bathroom/gas stops, some nasty traffic areas - all in all, 28 hours straight. On the way back, direct, with food, gas and bathroom breaks, 24 hours straight. We actually had a good time and with 3 drivers, it wasn't bad at all.

Minivan, coolers, snacks and a dual DVD player - you just keep rollin along.:banana:

I drive from Va, I like to leave about 10:00 PM, and let the wife and kids sleep, most of the way down to Disney, It is a easy drive, I take 95 to I4
all the way down, it takes me about 12-13 hours taking my time, and stopping for breakfest in the morning, I am always so excited to get to Disney I don"t mind losing a night's sleep

We've had 10 previous trips and have not made the drive, choosing to fly each time. I can't get enough time off from work to do the drive, but it's interesting to see what others think.

Wow! The things some people will endure to see a mouse! LOL

We drive up from Miami, Florida and it usually takes about 4 hrs. Maybe 3 1/2 if DH drives real fast like speed racer. We usually get a ticket though so we've made it in 4 hrs. the last few times up.

:car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car:

We live about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. It usually takes us 17-18 hours to drive straight through. We leave after work around 5:00 pm and arrive before noon the next day. We like to take turns driving throughout the night because there is less traffic.

HTH

We will also be driving from 30 miles north of pa (beaver) to Disney in sept!

Going in August - we were supposed to fly, but decided to drive for the convenience of being able to go off-world and the high cost of flights relative to the driving distance for us (we can make it in 12-14 if we switch off drivers and travel through the night). Oh, and I am afraid of flying...do a transatlantic flight once every 2 years or so and it is torture. :eek:

We live right above Atlanta Georgia and we usually make it to WDW in about 6 1/2 hours.

We want to fly because it would only be a 2 hour flight, but Atlanta Airport is a pain and it certainly is not very cheap to fly these days. Even with the gas prices, it is cheaper for us (family of four) to drive.

I am glad we live as close as we do. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter