Who Here is From Texas?

We are from Conroe. The two times we went to Disney World we drove. It took us a day and half. That is with many rest area stops. We spent the night in Tallahassee and arrived at Disney in the afternoon.

We also usually fly but have driven it several times, the quickest trip was a little over 12 hours. That was an all-adult trip, though, and before the hurricane damage to the highway, which still has places under construction. With kids we've only driven it once, stopped overnight in Pensacola, took from 830am on a Saturday to a little after 1 on Sunday.

I'm going back in May with my mom - her Christmas present!

Does anyone know if the construction on I-10 is still bad from the hurricanes? We plan on driving to WDW in June and wondered how many detours we would have to take. Our navigation system is CD controlled instead of satellite.

'Nother native Texan here. Bay City- hour and a half sw of Houston.

We fly. I can't imagine driving to Florida - I'm a terrible rider. :sad2: It's bad enough going 5 hours to Garner camping. I could NOT handle 12 or more hours in the vehicle. I'd be worse than my 7 yo!:scared::rotfl2:

Checking in from just north of Dallas. We are going in June 08 and will be driving as well. We plan to leave around 5:00-6:00 AM and share the driving until we can't drive anymore, then we will KOA it for the night and hit the road again ASAP. We have 2 kiddos, but they are used to this type of traveling since we've road tripped it up to Milwaukee every year since they've been born.

Kids and I are getting really excited now that we've gotten rooms reserved. We will be in a condo at Windsor Hills for 8 days and then at Clarion Resort and Waterpark for 1 night so that my dd can partake of the water park there. She just wants to slide down some slides and splash, so by doing this we will save about $100 or more.

Then it's off to Fort Myers to visit family for 4 days. I'm looking forward to a day of nothing but sand, surf and sun while we are there. Sanibel Island, here I come. :woohoo:

LOL

I hail from the great state of Texas. I'm a native. I'm from the Sun City=El Paso. Wouldn't think of driving.

We are from Austin. We always fly. I would like to drive one of these times, but I can't imagine spending that long in a car. :scared1:

I am from Fairfield, we are goin in September and taking youngest grandaughter. My youngest daughter works for disney we have driven twice and I will only fly now.

We are from Austin. We always fly. I would like to drive one of these times, but I can't imagine spending that long in a car. :scared1:

This June will be our second driving trip. It's really not that bad if you take turns. We plan on leaving early because our kids want to see swampy Louisiana! We stop every couple of hours to stretch our legs, eat a snack, and to get some coffee - especially during the wee hours of the night! I wouldn't mind flying, but I priced RT tickets through Southwest leaving out of Hobby at $1500 for a family of five.:scared1: We can drive both ways, stop and eat, and see some sights for a lot cheaper than that!

moving to Austin Texas in may, and will be driving for our sept trip.:cool1:

I must say welcome to Texas! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: We are driving in June from College Station, which is only an hour and a half from Austin (depending on which way you go).

This June will be our second driving trip. It's really not that bad if you take turns. We plan on leaving early because our kids want to see swampy Louisiana! We stop every couple of hours to stretch our legs, eat a snack, and to get some coffee - especially during the wee hours of the night! I wouldn't mind flying, but I priced RT tickets through Southwest leaving out of Hobby at $1500 for a family of five.:scared1: We can drive both ways, stop and eat, and see some sights for a lot cheaper than that!

That's what we do on the way down - leave early, let the kids see different stuff on the way down, stop at all the new states' welcome areas, spend half a day on the beach, spend time together, etc.... we really like the extra vacation time!

Melissa from Arlington. We drove the first time. My Husband drove us to Pensicola and we went to the beach and spent the night in a hotel. Then we got up the next morning and drove to WDW. We did the same on out return trip. The beaches are beautiful, we went to Destin, Pensicola and another one I don't remember the name. My kids had never been to a beach with white sands. So it was real cool. We are flying this time around.

We are also in Houston and our first trip will be in May. The kids are so excited. I'm getting ready to post for vacation rentals, hoping to get two studios at VWL.

Another Austininte checking in. I am not a native Texan, but as they say, I got here as quick as I could!

We're driving to Memphis, meeting family and dropping off dogs, then flying from Memphis to MCO. Our airfare is $175/pp from Memphis! Can't get that from Austin.

Love, love, love Austin. And we love Schlitterbahn too! (as well as Texas Ski Ranch, also New Braunfels)

Howdy from Canyon Lake! :)

Any of ya'll in New Braunfels want to take a road trip to the World? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter