Who Here is From Texas?

Soon to be relocated from White Marsh, MD to San Antonio, TX. My fiance's family is out there and I fell in love with the riverwalk! Looking forward to the new surroundings and warmer weather.

Oh, and we fly from Maryland to the World, as we will from TX.

Rob

Yes I know exactly who he is... He was always so sweet and kind... I didn't think he would remember me though as I was in Orchestra and a few plays but nvr really spoke face to face my name was Christie Lollar... And I think we may have even went to the same elem.. school which was Shands... Not for sure though:confused3

yep, christie, you did go to the same elementary school.... i'll shoot him an email and see if he remebers you.... :banana:

Hello....We are from Keller (Dfw area). I'm new to the boards...trying to learn as much as I can. We are planning a roadtrip June 7-14 for Disney.

Last time we flew...this time we are driving. This will be our first roadtrip with the kids. :scared1: We plan on leaving at 3 am and driving to maybe Tallahassee...still not sure.

I'm from McKinney. We just booked from June 8 -14! Also planning to roadtrip, airfare is too steep for all 5 of us.

Hello! We live in Trace Ridge...it's behind Heritage. And yes, we are too far away from Mickey!! :flower3:

That's not far from us.
My mom keeps telling me that Disney bought some land on 287 going from Rhome to Decatur. I keep telling her that should be here first clue they are not building there. They would be doing it under a different name. No matter how much I wish it were true that Disney be in TX, I will just have keep going to FL.:lmao:

I'm from McKinney. We just booked from June 8 -14! Also planning to roadtrip, airfare is too steep for all 5 of us.

Hey......you wouldn't happen to be a DAM'er would you? :goodvibes Your screen name looks awfully familiar. We will be there at the same time and are driving down as well.
We are staying at Windsor Hills - Mickey Adventure condo.

My mom keeps telling me that Disney bought some land on 287 going from Rhome to Decatur. I keep telling her that should be here first clue they are not building there. They would be doing it under a different name. No matter how much I wish it were true that Disney be in TX, I will just have keep going to FL.:lmao:

When I was in high school way back in the late 80's and 1990, there was a rumor that Disney had bought a bunch of property not far from my hs. As much as we all wished it was true, it was not. It turned out that Fiesta Texas (6 Flags) was going to be built there. :sad2:

I think I'm the first to post from San Marcos! We used to drive when our boys were growing up and we lived in the DFW area but now DH and I always fly! Now we are looking forward to taking our grandaughters to Disney. Right now they are only 5 mo. and 3 yrs.

Hey......you wouldn't happen to be a DAM'er would you? :goodvibes Your screen name looks awfully familiar. We will be there at the same time and are driving down as well.
We are staying at Windsor Hills - Mickey Adventure condo.

Yes I am! :rotfl: I booked a townhouse in Emerald Island Resort yesterday. Are you driving I-10?

I'm from West Texas - a little bitty town called Wickett.

We've driven twice, but definitely prefer to fly. I don't like being exhausted when I get there.

Yes I am! :rotfl: I booked a townhouse in Emerald Island Resort yesterday. Are you driving I-10?

Yea, I've heard nice things about EI. Does your excited ramp up after you book your lodging? I was bouncing all over the house the day I made ours. :)

Yep, taking the 10 to the 75. It's going to be so strange to be on 75 again after driving half way across the country. ;) We are marathon drivers, so we will be driving as far as possible before stopping to rest. Our kids make the road trip up to Milwaukee every year, so they are used to long rides by now. Will you guys be stopping mid way?

Yea, I've heard nice things about EI. Does your excited ramp up after you book your lodging? I was bouncing all over the house the day I made ours. :)

Yep, taking the 10 to the 75. It's going to be so strange to be on 75 again after driving half way across the country. ;) We are marathon drivers, so we will be driving as far as possible before stopping to rest. Our kids make the road trip up to Milwaukee every year, so they are used to long rides by now. Will you guys be stopping mid way?

:banana: I can't wait! I feel like a little kid again :cool1: We are planning to drive all day, then stop one night. Probably at a campground, but that's not a definite. The DVD player in the car will save us i'm sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter