Who's sailing Jan 17, 2004 seven day Magic?

Yes. weather.com and I have seen a lot of each other. I have the same forecsts. I am still nervous about cc. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's get's a hard place and time for a meet.

Wow! Found this thread on page 2!! Everyone must be busy packing:confused:

I have been reading the past trip reports and it sure sounds like they had a great time. I am getting soooooo excited.

I also checked out weather.com and it looks like 60s for Friday at the Radisson:( That may be a little cold for the pool. You may have to look for us in the hot tub or at the bar;) I have also seen rain predicted for Key West:mad: Either way you may find us at the bar:crazy: We are going to have a great week no matter what happens 'cuz we are on the Magic:earsboy:

I called the toll-free 800 number yesterday to find out the movies on the Magic next week when ALL OF US are on the cruise. I was told the following movies (subject to change):

Chicago.....................................Lizzie McGuire
Spy Kids 3D: Game Over...............Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean...............Freaky Friday
Cold Creek Manor........................Under the Tuscan Sun
Veronica Guerin..........................Brother Bear
Haunted Mansion........................Calendar Girls

Hmmmmm There’s a couple I may want to see if I’m not too busy enjoying the pool :cool: or sun :sunny:

Just checking, the "button/ribbon" is lime green ::yes::, correct??

THANKS,
Keith

Thanks for posting the information about the shows. Several look interesting to us. It's been so long since I've been to a movie, I can't remember the last time. I've been meaning to post but have been overwhelmed here with the holidays, work, the flu (everyone here got it--both the intestinal and respiratory types), trying to pack for the cruise and yesterday there was a main water break in front of our house so the city is out there right now trying to fix it and since I can't do laundry I had 5 minutes to sit down and read the boards and post.

Magic, take me away!:crazy:

For those of you staying at the Radisson the night before, we'll be there too. There are 7 of us, but our flight doesn't get into Orlando until about 6:30. So I guess it will be close to 8 or so before we arrive. We'll look for folks around the pool area. I got our green mickeys last week and was preparing name and luggage tags when the 3 girls decided to help decorate them. The next thing I knew they had completely crayoned over them with purple, orange and some shade of hot pink. If I don't get a chance to drop by Home Depot before Friday, we'll be the ones at the pool with the psychedelic mickeys!:jumping1:

I second Bakaroma's request to get a definite time and place for the Dis meet on the ship.

MNMom, you said you did some research and found that the emergency drill is scheduled for 4 pm and the sailaway party at 4:30. Should we meet as soon as the sailaway party is over? Would that be around 4:45 pm or 5:00? I'd suggest a meeting place but as this is our first cruise, I'm clueless. Any ideas anyone?

Also, now that I've had some time to go back and read the boards I wanted to let MnMom and JMNutt know that our families are also scheduled for the 11:15 Stingray Tour with Capt. Marvin. Is anyone else signed up for that one? We'll have 3 girls with us, ages 6,6 and 3.

I am getting so excited!:cool1:

Does someone have a # for Capt. Marvins? How about our onboard meet, anyone have any ideas for a location and time. The Weather channel is calling for some wintery weather for the next few days, I hope everyone has planned some extra time for delays. Hope to see you all soon, safe travels to everyone.

Captain Marvin's has a toll free # 1-866-978-0022 which is staffed Monday thru Friday from 10 am to 3 pm EST. I called last week to make our reservations and the operator was very courteous, friendly and informative. They also have a web site at www.captainmarvins.com

Gretel, MNMom, albiats, and jmunutt and all other 1-17-04 cruisers -- Have a great cruise!!

Wish we could join you....it would be fun to see some of the 1-19-02 cruise gang again! :wave:

We are doing the Eastern again during Spring Break 3-20-04. :sunny:

This is my first time on this board. My husband and I will be on the 1/17/04 cruise. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise and we cant wait. We have no kids....yet. Any other couples out there with out kids on this cruise?

I just got home from work and now I am on VACATION:jester:

Looks like we have quite a group going on Capt. Marvins at 11:15. It will be all DISers and a great group!! If I figure right I think we have about 30 people on this trip!!

Freelion- we will look for you at the Radisson too!! We have 2 DD(10 and 7) and DS3. Look for us in the hot tub!!!:teeth:

I am still at a loss for the DIS Meet:confused: I asked on the general board where and when others met for their meets. They recommended not having a meet outside as it is windy and could rain and the first day is too crazy to try to get everyone together. I guess I don't want to set the time and place and then have it not work out for our schedule. WHat about the first day at sea??? Someone else suggested 1pm was a good time to meet. WHat do you think? Help...someone make a decision:crazy:

MickeyMagic-- I can't believe it was 2 years ago. Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes. We will miss you this year!!

smacky1-- Welcome to the 1/17 group. I was on the Wonder last year without kids and had a fantastic time.

I better finish my packing:rolleyes:

I second the idea for the onboard Dis meet to be on the first day at sea. This way us newbies can get a feel for the ship and maybe bump into a couple of our fellow Disers first and then be pleasantly surprised to find out we are fellow Dis board members. I guess picking someplace away from bad weather is a good idea and maybe someplace where they serve drinks for us suffering from PVS ( pre- vacation syndrone), but someplace that allows kids so that they too can meet some friends.

We also are going on the Capt. Marvins excursion.

The weather here is supposed to bottom out at a whopping wind chill of -25, Do you have any idea how good 80+ degree temps sound!!! Even the temps at the Port of mid 70's sound downright tropical.

Well I've finished packing, finally. Yeah Right! I'm looking over my lists and realizing that I'm not finished yet. I hope I don't forget anything, but then again I hope I don't overpack things we might still need. If you see a group boarding in their robes and pajamas you'll know it's me and what I did!

Originally posted by dkgreen
I called the toll-free 800 number yesterday to find out the movies on the Magic next week when ALL OF US are on the cruise. I was told the following movies (subject to change):

Chicago.....................................Lizzie McGuire
Spy Kids 3D: Game Over...............Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean...............Freaky Friday
Cold Creek Manor........................Under the Tuscan Sun
Veronica Guerin..........................Brother Bear
Haunted Mansion........................Calendar Girls

Hmmmmm There’s a couple I may want to see if I’m not too busy enjoying the pool :cool: or sun :sunny:

Just checking, the "button/ribbon" is lime green ::yes::, correct??

THANKS,
Keith

How did you find out the movies? I hope they don't change, Pirates of the Caribbean is a great movie! I would love to see it again. Finding Nemo too.

Azreial

Here's a suggestion for a DIS meet up. How about 5:15 pm in the Promenade lounge on Deck 3?

According to Passporter's Guide, the sail away party usually begins between 4:30 and 4:45 pm and lasts about 1/2 an hour. The book also describes the Promenade lounge as the most family friendly on board.

Also, according to Jennifer & Dave's latest newsletter, it was remodeled during drydock and now has better traffic flow and a new look. It is located between Lumiere's and Parrot Cay and only one deck away from Animator's Palate...convenient for those with early dining.

ok so I am the only one who hasn't even thought about packing?

I am so bad, we are leaving the house at 3:30AM tomorrow and I still haven't dug DS' summer clothes out :earseek: I did collect his swim trunks and formal night outfit, so I have the important things ;) there's just something so cute about little guys in ties

I'm off to start collecting things and trying to find a suitcase.... I'll proably be running around town at midnight begging people for a suitcase. Last year I was packed a week before we we're leaving, oh well!

Azreial

5:15 at the Promanade Lounge sounds great. It may have to be a quick meet-and-greet because we have early dinner, but it will be great to meet all of you. Don't forget your LIME GREEN ribbon or swatch:sunny:

See some of you tomorrow and the rest of you on Sat:Pinkbounc :bounce:

We're leaving at noon today.

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe journey.

See you on the Magic!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter