Who's sailing Jan 17, 2004 seven day Magic?

OK it is time to start planning a meet! I think after the sail away may be a time freest of conflicts what do all of you think? Sally says taxi vans hold ten to twelve. If the weather is pretty warm in Cozumel my wife is lobbying for Paradise beach anyone want to share? What I would really like to do is golf, shop back to the ship go get free lunch on board, then get the taxi van back to the beach for about five hours any tkaers for that with a shared ride?

Hey, my family and I are goin on January 17, too. There's gonna be 12 of us!....

Me and my wife Dar
My son David (30) his wife Beth (28)
My son Brian (26) his wife Leigh (24)
My son Freddy (23) his girlfriend Trista (20)
My daughter Jessica (13)
My daughter Alyssa (3)
And my wife's parents Joan and Leo

1/99 ~4 days in disney at the Carribean Beach Resort and 3 days on the magic
1/00 ~3 days in disney at the Carribean Beach Resort and 4 days on the wonder
1/02 ~2 days in disney at the Grand Floridian and 7 days on the Eastern Carribean Cruise
11/02 ~4 days in disney at the Polynesian and 3 days on the wonder

Hello everyone :wave:

Not long to go now!! My friend, Allie and I are spending a week at the AKL before joinging this cruise.

:jumping1: We are sooooo excited!!! :jumping1:

I'm back:wave:

WOW! You go out of town for a while and a ton of families join our cruise list. That is fantastic!! We are going to have a great week:sunny:

hobart- I have a DD(10) too!! She has been emailing a few kids going on this cruise and would love to connect with your DD too!! I think it will help them feel comfortable if they have a connection with a few kids in the clubs. You can email me at vicshap@aol.com if your DD is interested and I will forward it to my DD.

BAKAROMA- The DIS meet on the ship sounds great. How much time is there between the sail away party and the mandatory emergency drill? Are you still planning on Chakanaab? My DH and DD(10) will be taking a taxi over there around 1030. If you are still interested in sharing a cab, we could work something out.

We spent most of the day cleaning out closets and trying on shorts and swim suits:eek: The kids are 90% packed with all of their dinner clothes, shorts and Ts, swimwear and sweatshirts all squished in ziplock bags. I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!

Considering the high today was around 5 degrees, it wasn't such a bad day!!!!

Hello All- We're almost there!
MNMom did you send out your list of people yet? I didn't get anything yet and was wondering. Since this is our first trip, we seem to be going with the flow, does anyone recommend the Chankanaab Park for the day? Is a taxi the best way to go? All info is welcomed. Sandra

I'm so excited its all I can think about!

The Watt family will be on the 1/17 Magic-That's me,DH and DD 4 and 6. Look forward to seeing you there!:bounce:

Which is first sail away or boat drill? I thought the drill was. If the drill is first I though after the sail away would work.

I did some searching and I think we are OK with the DIS meet after the sailaway party. The Emergency Drill is at 4pm and the Sailaway party at 4:30.

I have been having a trouble finding the current show schedule too. With the addition of Golden Mickeys, I can't seem to figure it out. We are trying to find the best night for Palo. Any suggestions??

I have heard great things about Chankanaab Park and we are planning to do the dolphin encounter and then spend the rest of the afternoon there. There is a website my DD(10) found at http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/chankanaab/nuevo.htm SHe speaks fluent spanish and had to translate most of it for me but it has some great pictures and a map.

I can't wait!!!:sunny:

We will be on our way in ten days!!!!! The Chankanaab Park has an English Language icon to click so you won't have to have an interpreter. I like after the sail away party. Someone posted the current show schedule and I belive it to be accurate. Remember your lime green. I got a lime fanny pack and two water wallets from the DIS store. I also have a long roll of plastic flagging to tie on to anything. Can't wait to see you all. It looks like we have a lot of Minnesota folks running from the cold.

Wel we have two itinerary's we are considering in Coz and I am looking for any advice or tag-a-longs.
Plan A
Sally's plan "I would start out at minigolf, then shop you way back to the waterfront, grab a cab to Dzul Ha for snorkeling and then spend the afternoon at Paradise Beach." Depending on the amount of snorkeling we do in Cayman we may opt for Paradise without Dzul Ha. We are also planning to get to the waterfront to reboard the ship for lunch.

Plan B

Chankanaab till threeish then minigolf and back to the boat for dinner (we have ealy seating).

Any advice?

Hello Fellow Cruisers
I'm sitting here at just past 11 pm, while Sandy is freaking out about having to gather things for the cruise. Earlier she made the kids try on all the clothes she bought over the past year for them to wear on the cruise, of course my daughter hated everything and now wants to go cruise wear shopping, my son couldn't care less as long as he can wear his baggie shorts alot. There a cold front coming in tonight and temps are going down to 5 degrees tonight and its supposed to stay with us for a few days. I've spent the better park of the past 8 months lurking here and following Sandy's ranting about the cruise and it's starting to get to me too. I just read the entire thread and I guess its finally here. Alot of you also seem to be coming from some northern climates and I'll bet you're all just as anxious to get to some warmer weather. It seems that my kids did not keep in contact with the few other kids that they started e-mailing, like everything else they promise to keep up with. Is there a time set for a meet at the Radisson yet? What about onboard? We are first time cruisers so please give a place easily found. Believe it or not now Sandy is crying wondering if we should go on the cruise and if the kids will be safe, and if it will be safe in the water at the ports, etc... Did anyone else ever get cruise jitters?

Hi Sandy and Mark,
This is our third Disney Cruise. We have dd' 4 and 6. We never had a safety concern while on board. Everyone is checked before getting on and all the bags go through some type of screening. I am sure security will even be tighter seeing that According to Jim will be filming!! I don't remember the age of your children but the clubs run a tight ship also. I never had a concern leaving my children there. I always felt confident they were well taken care of and I also new by the number of times that my pager went off if the kids ever wanted me they do not hesitate to call you. The first few times I was paged by the time I got there the kids were into something new and then did not want to leave! Both trips were 4 night vacation and we have always had such and outstanding time we opted for the 7 night this year and are already planning for next year. Stop worrying and enjoy yourself! We are from CT and like you can't wait to get out of the cold. Let me know if you have any other questions. See you in 9 days!princess:

Hi Mark and Sandy!

Don't worry, the security will be fine and I think you'll feel better once you get there and see what it's really like. The kids will be fine in the club because their security is very good. On our previous trip, we were paged for our daughter, and since I'd never had a pager I kept wondering what the "strange noise" in our cabin was! They paged me again and by the time I figured out what it was, we raced to the club only to find that everything was fine and she wanted to stay longer!

This is a time of lots of anxiety, when all the planning we've done is finally coming to an end and it's really time to go. Sometimes we start second guessing ourselves at the last minute because we want everything to be just right, and see all the best sights, wear the right clothes, and have the best time possible. Even if you stay on the ship the entire time and your kids wear the same clothes every day, you'll have a wonderful vacation!

Having said that, I've been shopping for clothes like crazy the past few days, re-thinking our excursion choices, worrying about a snowstorm delaying our trip, and having general anxiety about all the details! I'm the planner and packer in our family, so I feel overwhelmed most times before we leave on a trip. I want it to go well because I've invested so much time and energy into the planning and am afraid I've forgotten something or made the wrong choices.

So I understand your anxiety and I think all the details are getting to you, but you really don't have to worry about security.
The kids will be fine too. My daughter didn't spend to much time in the club before and was with us most of the time and we had a really fun time together as a family. She will turn 9 on the trip this time, and I think she's looking forward to making some friends and spending more time in the club (now that she's more "mature"). She says she wants to eat with the kids from the club at the buffet every night. We might not see as much of her this time!

Also, you will have lots of support from all the members on this board, so try and relax and have fun. We hope to meet you on board!

Julie (DW), Scott (DH), Sarah (DD9), Noah (DS3)

*Disney Wonder Sept. 2002
*Disney Magic Jan. 2001

MNMom,

I was looking through the thread and saw that you are booked for the 11:15 Captain Marvin's stingray city tour. We are too! It should be a blast. I can't wait for Friday when we leave!

Debby:bounce:

Hi Debby-
That is sooooo great:Pinkbounc :bounce:

My DH and I were on the same trip last Feb. and loved it so much we wanted to take the kids. I hope they like it as much as we did. Right now they are a little freaked out about the rays....my mother is the worst. She will probably not even get in the water:rolleyes: My DD(10) is a pretty good snorkeler (sp?) so I hope she really likes this excursion too!!

DIS Meets!!

Radisson- My group of 10 is planning to hang out around the pool for most of the later afternoon with a break for dinner. Then we are planning to come back to the pool for the "official" meet around 7:30. There are a few families that aren't checking in until 7-8pm so we thought we would have the official meet a little later. But anyone who wants to find us we will be there from about 4pm on. Let's just hope for some warm weather or else we will ALL be in the hot tub;)

Magic- I think the decision was to meet up after the Sailaway Party. I'm not sure where?? Anybody?

Don't forget your lime green ribbon or swatches. My DDs wrote our names on the Home Depot paint swatches and had them laminated at school. We will use them for our carry-ons, they are very cute!!!

Mark and Sandra- Pre cruise worries are very common. I find myself second guessing all of my reservations and plans. I also find myself on these boards more in the pre cruise days. I just think about it all too much!! We try to make all of the planning and packing fun but sometimes it does get overwhelming. The only thing that seems to make me feel better is planning the NEXT vacation:teeth:

Our flight doesn't get in until 7:30pm....then I think we are going to head over to Downtown Disney (my DD needs her carmel apple first) before heading over to the Radisson.
I will look for anyone at the pool area when we get there.
We will be on the 10:30 shuttle to the port in the morning (already reserved)

I can't wait....this MN weather has just been way too cold!!!!

Cyndi

Has anyone been chcking the weather for our cruise? Key West should be about 75 and cozumel about 82. Here on Long Island it's 9 degrees with a wind chill of - 15. I could enjoy a 97 degree change in the weather!! Hows the weather for all of you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter