Why did you choose the resort you did?

Why did you choose the resort you did?

• I originally bought SSR, but wanted to stay at the other resorts most of the time

• I originally bought OKW/HH/VB, but wanted to stay at the other resorts most of the time.

• I originally bought BCV/VWL/BWV, but wanted to stay at the other resorts most of the time.

• I originally bought SSR, because I liked it the most and intend on staying there most of the time.

• I originally bought OKW/HH/VB, I liked it the most and intend on staying there most of the time.

• I originally bought BCV/VWL/BWV, I liked it the most and intend on staying there most of the time.

• I bought add-ons so I could stay everywhere.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Uconnjack, I find it shocking that we now have 20 people voting I bought SSR with the intentions to stay elsehwere.

Even the most die hard SSR fan would have to admit that the number would be FAR higher than that if my SSR hadn't been such a hot recent topic.

As for SSR owner I think the number will be around 30,000 when sold out. I saw that somewhere or heard it somewhere, please correct me if I'm wrong.
30,000 members with 25% looking elsewhere at 7 months means 7500 people looking for ressies at the smaller resorts.

Have the number on speed dial folks, you'll need it.

I'll bite. I didn't vote because I am not sure my answer fits into any of the catergories.

I have a funny quirk, and that is I want to stay at every Disney owned resort on property.

When we bought SSR, we bought with the intent on staying there most of the time AFTER we have tried all the resorts. So yes I will be trading out at 7 months but only until I have tried them all, then it is SSR for me.

Heck I even used my points for a CR Tower stay.

PS. And I did buy SSR because it is what they were selling at the time. I knew that when I bought, I would buy the newest resort, whatever that may be, that Disney would be selling at the time I would buy.

No its not perfect, but it's not "very flawed" considering what it is asking.

Are rare agreement!

No OKW had no other option when it was being sold, but this poll isn't limited to just direct buyers, but open to resale buyers too. As such, some people do buy OKW because its cheaper but prefer other resorts. I actually just didn't want to single SSR out totally because some people have indicated they bought OKW with the intention of staying elsewhere (and at HH or VB to stay at WDW in general).

But your Flawed poll really doesn't take resale into account. If you really meant that then you would not have lumped certain resorts together. Your goal is just to put SSR and thier owners down. That is the only thing you keep trying to do with your posts.

And grouping the resorts I did makes perfect sense if you consider when they were opened, what kind of resort they are, and the collective size. I think its totally fair to group BWV, BCV, and VWL together since their combined size about equals SSR. And that doesn't stop anyone from indicating that they bought VWL to stay at BCV either, by choosing the 3rd option.

But above you wanted to include resale....what do you want?

This goal of this poll was mainly to ask SSR owners what their purchasing intentions were, I admit that and said it from the start. It was never any thinnly veiled attempt to poke a stick in the eyes of SSR owners at you put it.

Ha....If that was the case, why not just ask? Trying to create a poll with an obvious skew does and means nothing. Start a thread that directly aks SSR owners why the bought SSR.

In fact, I could have left it with only two poll questions (1 and 4) to get the info I was curious about, but I figured the SSR crowd would be screaming if I didn't give those BCV owners who really wish they owned SSR a chance to express their thoughts.

Again your words give it away. First BCV will and do stay at SSR. Second there are BCV owners who also own at SSR. You may not accept this, but its true. Third, why do you assume that BCV owners would not buy any other resort. Kind of "Once a BCV owner, only a BCV owner" metality.

AGAIN, we are not saying that decision was wrong for you or any other SSR owner who prefers their resort. I'll repeat what I already said: All the reasons many SSR owners give for preferring SSR are valid.

You are correct, it is not a wrong decision if that is where you want to own at SSR. So stop trying to deamonize the resort!

I don't agree with all of them, but I never said anyone is wrong for liking SSR. Nor do I believe its location (DTD) or style (stand alone townhouse) were mistakes, there is a definite market of people who this type of resort appeals to.

First, they are condos not townhomes.....learn the difference. Second, OKW (which is the Disney Vacation Club) and AKV will be condo style buildings. Apparently the three largest resorts will be condo styles, which would make them in the majority "types" of buyers. And what exactly do you mean by "this type"? Is that one of those back handed put downs again?

We are not bashing SSR owners and their choice of SSR at their favorite resort!!!!! All we are saying is SSR is too big to big for that market of people to support, hence you get an imbalanced mix of people who own SSR just to get into the system with the intention of staying at the other resorts most of the time.

Your last sentence kills me. You write that like only SSR owners want to stay at other DVC resorts. Owners throughout the system, including BCV owners, reserve rooms in the other resorts. Where does a VWL or BCV owner go for Grand Villas? Always one sided with your views.

False assumptions to say SSR is too big. Its seems to me DVC messed up by building BCV too small. Trying to get too greedy after BWV, and squeezed in the resort on that small piece of property. BWV is not a small resort, I see no problem or whining from them.

Like I have posted earlier, at 7 months if there is availablity at BCV or any other resort, then obviously the owners at the resort have either booked elsewhere or are not interested in staying at that time, at their home resort. This is how the system works. Why do you have a problem with that?

Bought BWV. Probaly would have bought VWL if it were available at the time, but am perfectly happy with BWV and the occasional VWL trade.

We bought at VWL. We have to small boys 4 and 1 and for us while we love the resort we also love the convenience. We are a boatride to the MK and from there we can get the Monorail to the other resorts we frequent or Epcot.:cool1:

I bought in to BWV because that's where I want to stay. Simple as that. :)

I purchased SSR and plan to stay there. We were offered AKV because we bought this Month. But SSR was cheaper and I really like the fact I can walk to DownTown Disney. Our first trip is 4/23 to 5/3 at SSR. Don't get me wrong we will probably try AKV at some point. But the draw to us is DDD and our DD is 1 and we have another one due is September so The zero entry pools will be great. We have stayed at WL before but I would rather stay at SSR. I know some people aren't fans but it is for us.
KELLY:bride: dh;) dd 1princess:
Proud SSR owners

We bought SSR, not because it was our favorite though. We love the BW area and have stayed there both years since purchasing. We bought SSR for the longer contract. We may stay there one day though.

Bought SSR because that was the resort Disney was selling when I bought in. Also, the lower price incentive and the longer contract were key factors.

That said, the flexibility of DVC, ability to trade into the other DVC resorts and trade through Interval International were also reasons that I bought in. Those perks were all represented to be advantages to becoming a DVC Member.

So, I bought in with every intention of using the system as it was designed to be used: at my home resort if I wish, or at another resort if it is available. So far, I have stayed on points at SSR and Vero Beach. I have booked all of our vacations at under seven months.

We will continue to book beach vacations at VB and/or HH. Similarly, we will likely attempt a trade through Interval International to a beach resort in the Caribbean or Mexico sometime in the next couple of years. I will definitely book at least one stay at the AKV. At some point, I will probably decide that I want to try VWL, too. I may book a stay at OKW for the room size and points economy. I may book a stay at BCV or BWV, maybe not.

As for SSR, it offers what we like: privacy and quiet. It is the only DVC resort to offer sound-proofed rooms - to us, that is the bomb! It has a beautiful spa and gym. Its proximity to DTD is most definitely a plus to us since our vacations are not all about the parks :duck: . It's great to have shopping, entertaining and dining so close by. Additionally, it is a great advantage to be able to walk to DTD and hop a bus to other resorts for dinner, in case we don't feel like driving. We just like that the option is available, whether we take advantage of it or not.

So, in a nutshell, I do not plan on staying at SSR on each and every vacation, but I do like the resort. It is pretty, quiet and elegant. That is right up our alley. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea (many have cited lack of "magic," presumably meaning that it is not "Disney" enough). I think SSR has just enough Disney detail. It's there, but it's subtle. More important, the cast members are Disney cast members, and they are the folks who make Disney World special, to me anyway.

There ya go! All my "secret" vacationing habits as a SSR owner.

Is that so? That's a HUGE plus for SSR!! :thumbsup2

MG

As far as I know this is true...when we were there, one of the CM's told me that SSR rooms were soundproofed because of the proximity to DTD. Sure enough, when we opened the door to the balcony (we were facing DTD in Congress Park), we could hear the dance music from DTD. But with the door shut, not at all. According to the CM, that is the only reason the rooms were soundproofed, and that future DVC resorts are not likely to be soundproofed because the expense is not justified unless there is a specific reason for the soundproofing.

We really, really like not hearing our neighbors (or lawnmowers, lol) when we're trying to sleep or just relax. :goodvibes

Originally, we bought at VWL because that's where we were most interested in. Shortly after WL opened, DH (who probably doesn't remember) said "If they ever build a DVC resort here, I'd want to look into it." When I saw VWL on a solo trip, I thought it was beautiful. Also, we didn't know we had a choice of what to buy-when we bought, that's all DVC was selling. We didn't know anyone who owned DVC and we'd never hear of the resale market. But we later learned (and switched). We added on at BCV because that's where I stay on solo trips.

Is that so? That's a HUGE plus for SSR!! :thumbsup2

MG

Absolutely true! You don't hear cars or buses driving. You don't hear the kids sceaming or just being load. You don't have the problem of guest in the hall being loud, waking you at midnight. We stayed recently at Swan and Dolphin and what a difference the soundproofing makes.

I bought VWL for the simple reason of preference. It's what we liked, it's what we bought. No deeper analysis of the purchase occured than that. Haven't regretted it for a moment since, so I have the feeling we did the right thing for us. We do stay at VWL primarily, but have sampled all of the resorts from time to time.

YMMV, of course.

We bought SSR because it was a good deal at the time - and was sight unseen.

We always planned to stay elsewhere, but are never disappointed when we 'have' to stay at SSR because of being point broke or availability. We've had three very nice stays here already.

So far we've loved every DVC we've stayed at!

We bought at OKW because there was no other option back in 1992. However, honestly, and all the resorts are beautiful, I would still purchase at OKW over any of the others.

SSR was new, 50 years, and got it at a discount. Family was CM at the time. I have bought OKW on resale because of lower price, stay at BW, BWview most of the time. We love all the resorts, have stayed at the 7 resorts in Florida. The view at BW is the best to us.

As for SSR, it offers what we like: privacy and quiet. It is the only DVC resort to offer sound-proofed rooms - to us, that is the bomb!

I will admit, I never knew SSR specifically has sound-proofed rooms (whereas the other do not.) Is this true? I can't say I have ever had an issue with noise at any of the other DVC resorts though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter