Why did you choose the resort you did?

Why did you choose the resort you did?

• I originally bought SSR, but wanted to stay at the other resorts most of the time

• I originally bought OKW/HH/VB, but wanted to stay at the other resorts most of the time.

• I originally bought BCV/VWL/BWV, but wanted to stay at the other resorts most of the time.

• I originally bought SSR, because I liked it the most and intend on staying there most of the time.

• I originally bought OKW/HH/VB, I liked it the most and intend on staying there most of the time.

• I originally bought BCV/VWL/BWV, I liked it the most and intend on staying there most of the time.

• I bought add-ons so I could stay everywhere.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll bite. I didn't vote because I am not sure my answer fits into any of the catergories.

I have a funny quirk, and that is I want to stay at every Disney owned resort on property.

When we bought SSR, we bought with the intent on staying there most of the time AFTER we have tried all the resorts. So yes I will be trading out at 7 months but only until I have tried them all, then it is SSR for me
This pretty much sums it up for me. Except that I want to try all the resorts after SSR. I know the time of year that I want to use in FL right now, and it would be hard to get a ressie at 7 months. When I have more free time; I'll try to book at off peak. Once, if, I've visited all the DVC resorts, I'll be very happy to relax at SSR. I am thinking of a small add-on at VWL and then banking, using, and borrowing for a Christmas once in a while. I'm also thinking of a contract at BCV/SAB when I have Grandchildren; I hope DD or DS buy enough to bring me too:goodvibes .

Bought SSR because that was the resort Disney was selling when I bought in. Also, the lower price incentive and the longer contract were key factors.

That said, the flexibility of DVC, ability to trade into the other DVC resorts and trade through Interval International were also reasons that I bought in. Those perks were all represented to be advantages to becoming a DVC Member.

So, I bought in with every intention of using the system as it was designed to be used: at my home resort if I wish, or at another resort if it is available.

Well stated.

I have taken three trips homes to SSR, booked at the 11 month window and never changed at the 7th month.

BUT....this year I am going to stay a few days a BWV :cool1: along with my SSR vacation.

Its fun to go home, but also fun to try new places.

isn't that clause still in all the contracts.

that someday DVC may make your DVC resort the only one you can stay at.

I am not working it right.

that is highly unlikely - but who knows what the future will bring.

Here is the thing that all of these polls and posts is missing with DVC. Each DVC resort offers a VERY different experience... Let's delve into it, shall we?

1. OKW: Initial DVC Resort, almost a pilot resort for the concept with Disney. Complete tropical home away from home... Quaint area near the Hospitlaity House.
2. BWV: Large complex, but more hotel-like. Near Epcot and the Studios. Was meant to be the centerpeice of an 'Entertainment' district that was hoped would be appealing to DVC owners.
3. BCV: Popular resort, converted to DVC... Had the great advantage of access to Stormalong Bay, as well as short access to Epcot.
4. VWL: Another popular resort with DVC 'Add-On'. Closest to Magic Kingdom.
5. HHI: Off-site DVC. Popular tourist destination with tremendous golf. Lots of folks enjoy HHI timeshares through RCI, II, etc.
6. VB: Florida, beachfront resort. Pure and simple.
7. SSR: Large resort. Near DTD. Another 'Home Away From Home'. Resort gives you additional 12 years over previous DVC properties.
8. VAKL: Animals, savannah, concerige, larger rooms...

I am trying to buy a small addon for BC, VW and HH... I am hoping to stay in all the resorts. I think my family's needs will change and I want the flexiblity. My teenagers will most likely want to stay at VW for the activities BC for the proximity to EPCOT. Me, I would want the room at OKW. HH will be saved for quick get aways. I need those.

:cool1:

As for me... I bough 250 points at BWV in 2000 because it was the only resort avialable at that time... I bought a 150 point Add-On at BCV in 2002 because I love the BC. Last week bought a 150 point Add-On at SSR because we like the reort and it was the best deal we could get directly through DVD.

I don't think I can vote on this poll because none of the choices accurately reflect our decisions to purchase SSR.

It was primarily a financial decision made because of the recent F & F promo (and because it was the only resort for sale). We are new members and have not stayed at any of the DVC resorts yet. We hope to try all of them before forming solid opinions and preferences.

Even tho we purchased SSR with the intent of trying all of the resorts, it was mostly a financial decision. We knew AKV would be selling soon & knew it would cost more so we elected not to wait.

Since "Financial" is not one of the poll selections I have not voted in this poll yet.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Except that I want to try all the resorts after SSR. I know the time of year that I want to use in FL right now, and it would be hard to get a ressie at 7 months. When I have more free time; I'll try to book at off peak. Once, if, I've visited all the DVC resorts, I'll be very happy to relax at SSR. I am thinking of a small add-on at VWL and then banking, using, and borrowing for a Christmas once in a while. I'm also thinking of a contract at BCV/SAB when I have Grandchildren; I hope DD or DS buy enough to bring me too:goodvibes .

For those saying they wil try them all and then stick with SSR, I have a sneaky susupicion that a great percentage of you will decide otherwise and fall into the own SSR stay elsewhere group. Not all but a percentage.

I find it quite amusing those saying SSR is great and it is the best, and I'll stick with SSR, haven't sampled them all or ven one other resort.

How can you make an informed decision without trying them all? What happens when your wife hits you with the "I don't like SSR, honey?" "I want BWV."

We bought BWV because of the point price of the standard rooms. We stay there because we have grown to appreciate and like the resort and location much more than we thought we would.

We bought VWL because we have always LOVED the WL, I thought you had to be rich to own DVC and when they were building the VWL we never even looked into DVC. We bought 50 VWL points, at the higher Disney add on price as soon as we bought BWV. We thought 50 would be enough:rotfl: we now own 175.

(We bought BWV, after it had been initially sold out. We were buying when they were converting the sales/model office).

We bought VB because we stayed there and loved the resort.

We bought AKV because I love the idea of a savannah view room, and I love the atmosphere of the whole resort. I look forward to someday bringing extended family there. This resort is more "my choice" than "ours," our other "homes" are wholly mutual in desirability.

Whether or not we HAVE to own to book at any of these, we do own, and for the most part I book 10-11 months out. If at 7 or fewer months out, I want to book and can't get into one of our homes, I would perhaps be disappointed, but not devastated...and at times we have CHOSEN to and have been able to stay at OKW, SSR and BCV.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Here is the thing that all of these polls and posts is missing with DVC. Each DVC resort offers a VERY different experience...

I don't think anyone is missing that point. To the contrary, it seems most who respond to these types of posts are pointing out why the experience offered at a particular resort suits them best. But I agree with you that the diverse offerings of the DVC resorts is a huge plus for members!

For those saying they wil try them all and then stick with SSR, I have a sneaky susupicion that a great percentage of you will decide otherwise and fall into the own SSR stay elsewhere group. Not all but a percentage.

I find it quite amusing those saying SSR is great and it is the best, and I'll stick with SSR, haven't sampled them all or ven one other resort.

How can you make an informed decision without trying them all? What happens when your wife hits you with the "I don't like SSR, honey?" "I want BWV."

Here you again, bashing and putting SSR owners down. Now they are an uninformed and can't make a decision or where they want to own or stay. And some how, you have the ability to trend how SSR owners are going to stay.

Why can't you except the fact that there are SSR owners, alot of them, who really love the resort and its location. You sit there day in post after post bashing SSR, its owners, DVC for building it, etc. And yet you say you don't hate SSR.

We bought BWV because of the point price of the standard rooms. We stay there because we have grown to appreciate and like the resort and location much more than we thought we would.

We bought VWL because we have always LOVED the WL, I thought you had to be rich to own DVC and when they were building the VWL we never even looked into DVC. We bought 50 VWL points, at the higher Disney add on price as soon as we bought BWV. We thought 50 would be enough:rotfl: we now own 175.

(We bought BWV, after it had been initially sold out. We were buying when they were converting the sales/model office).

We bought VB because we stayed there and loved the resort.

We bought AKV because I love the idea of a savannah view room, and I love the atmosphere of the whole resort. I look forward to someday bringing extended family there. This resort is more "my choice" than "ours," our other "homes" are wholly mutual in desirability.

Whether or not we HAVE to own to book at any of these, we do own, and for the most part I book 10-11 months out. If at 7 or fewer months out, I want to book and can't get into one of our homes, I would perhaps be disappointed, but not devastated...and at times we have CHOSEN to and have been able to stay at OKW, SSR and BCV.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Wel stated!

This is how I think most owners feel about DVC!

Sorry dumbo, that logic doesn't hold up.

It's like saying to anyone who says their favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate that they can't have a preference until they've tried every other flavor available.

A preference is just that. Could it change? Sure. But to disregard it because they haven't "sampled" every other possible choice is, perhaps, not really being fair to those with preferences. Doing it because you want to bolster your "case" seems to be even MORE unfair, and shows a lack of respect toward the posters presenting their preference.

I know Coke drinkers who've never sampled Pepsi. Why? Because they like Coke, so why bother....it works for them. They are no less ardent in their preference for Coke. Get my drift?

I'm the opposite. I bought SSR thinking I'd stay there sometimes, but it would probably not be my first choice. I thought I'd prefer OKW because it was cheaper and VWL for the location. I've stayed everywhere but BWV and HHI (will try BWV this summer, but I've stayed at the Swan so I am familiar with the location and have walked around the BW area enough to know that it's not my preferred location unless there's a special event (in this case: SWW).

SSR has turned out to be my favorite of the Disney property resorts. It's the only resort I can picture returning to year after year. Go figure. I :love: the location, transportation options, the style, and the layout of the resort. I also think it has very good dining options - second only to VWL in my book.

I do also really, really. really love VB. I'm hoping I love HHI just as much since it is considerably closer. We'll probably add on at VB or HHI.

If you say the opinions of SSR owners don't "count" unless they have stayed everywhere, then you have to discount all owners that have not sampled every single resort. Start a new poll that is only open to people who have been everywhere and see if they still prefer their home resort.

If you say the opinions of SSR owners don't "count" unless they have stayed everywhere, then you have to discount all owners that have not sampled every single resort. Start a new poll that is only open to people who have been everywhere and see if they still prefer their home resort.

Very good point!

I know there are people who do not own at my favorite DVC, have stayed there and do not like it.

I bought at SSR because it was the resort that was being sold when I chose to buy. I didn't really think about "where" I wanted to stay. I've only been on one DVC trip since we purchased. We stayed the first week at SSR and loved it and then moved to BCV for and week and loved it too.

I originally bought at BCV because that was all that was available at the time. I love the pool view and SAB during a day "at home."

Originally wanted BWV. That eventually came on the market when they converted the DVC offices and showroom there into villas :banana:

Then I bought at SSR because of the extended ownership time and extra points needed.

Now I want to purchase at AKV because I love the resort, but couldn't justify spending so may points there for a hotel room when I could have a villa at any of 'my' beloved DVC resorts.

But I think at 450 points I've got to stop and just keep on dreaming.
I'm sure I'll be able to get a ressie in at AKV at some point using my current points.

I purchased BWV resale because I fell in love with the Epcot Resort area and also thought that BW area was a smidgen more geared to adults. I love that I can walk to two of the Parks and there are a ton of dining/entertainment options a short distance away.

Then one fall I decided on an impromptu trip in November and could only book at OKW. It is a totally different style of vacation from BWV. More relaxed and laid back. So I purchased a second resale contract at OKW.

I love both of the areas, but for very different reasons.

Well considering I wear the skirt in the family, it's not a particular problem for me.

Now getting my dad to agree to stay at BWV or BCV is a hard sale. We visit the area every trip and he loathes the parking. Whenever I suggest trying to stay there just for a few days, he kicks up a fuss. VWL I can talk him into and even AKV, but not the others. He also refuses to stay at HH and VB. Why? We have Marriott timeshares to do that.

Now is my dad wrong for assessing the parking at BWV being too far or the place too busy? Sure there are the ferries and walking paths to Epcot. We've used them multiple times. Nice shortcut to a day in the Countries. But that isn't enough for him to get over his parking and business dislikes. For me, I think I could put up with it for a few days as part of a larger trip. I'd return to SSR at the end. But since he argues that I can just as easily get to any of the 4 parks by car or bus at SSR, it doesn't seem enough of a reason to push for it.

I am plotting a bit of resort hopping next Fall though. But AKV might be the winner instead of BWV. And if we like AKV we're considering a small add-on for short stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter