Why no body lotion? I'm finally posting!

Personally, I rarely use any of the products from Disney, other than the bar soap.

I go to Dollar Tree and buy a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner, pack them in my checked luggage, and if I don't have room to pack them up for the trip home, I'm only out a couple of bucks. The same could be done with hand lotion.

I hate trying to fit a big carry-on into an overhead bin, so I check the luggage and my only carry-on is my laptop. For those that do want to use only carry-ons, isn't lotion available in the resort store?

Speaking of only getting them every 4 days. D they really think one tiny little bottle smaller than a travel size will work for a family for 4 days. They know how many people are checking in.....why only one???

No but they are giving you something to start off with. I have never been to a timeshare that leaves enough bath supplies for a whole week (I have only been to others that are week long) but instead give you the same sample size bottle to start with.You are expected to bring your own or buy more there. It saves a lot of money in fees.

I don't every recall having 2 sets day 1 for a studio or 1 BR or 3 for a 2 BR.
Studios do not get two sets. As I stated above, with one exception we have had one set for a studio, two sets for 1BRs with one bathroom, three sets for 1BRs with two bathrooms.

In the 1BR there has been one set of products on the large vanity next to the whirlpool tub and another set in the shower. When we stayed in Kidani there was another complete set in the second bathroom of the 1BR villa.

We don't use any of the toiletries now that I think about it. My oldest daughter bags them up and likes to bring them home. I do remember seeing little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel under our sink but no lotion.

Checked into BLT yesterday. Body lotion in both bathrooms of our 1 bedroom. Maybe your voice was heard, OP!

I've always suspected the "lotion comes lotion goes" is a training issue - for some reason the cash side gets it, the DVC doesn't and if the mousekeeper is new or forgets, you get lotion.

Why? I'd expect the answer is cost and the lotion is probably the most expensive product they set out. Since a hotel bottle really isn't sufficient to even finish my legs, and at Disney I'm lathered down with sunscreen, which counts as lotion from a moisture perspective I've never really worried about it (but in a hotel it often does end up in my purse as purse hand lotion).

We use the shampoo/conditioner and find the quantities sufficient, but are not a shampoo every day family (I'm about every three days).

I don't mind packing my own lotion. However, I should not have to pack my own toilet paper! I don't remember it being bad at WDW in the past. However, the stuff they were passing off as t.p. at the Grand Californian last month was horrible!

We have brought our own TP to WDW for years. Can't stand the sand paper they supply. But if most guests are ok with what they supply, and that keeps our dues down, I am fine with bringing my own.

As for the lotions, never use them, or the shampoo or conditioner. Those I prefer to bring my own as well. I don't think their shampoos work all that well though DH will use them.

However, I am in the % that uses the body wash wherever it's offered, but will bring my own as well. My skin always feels dry and tight after using bar soap.

All this said, if DVC were to eliminate leaving any of them, but we could get what we needed on request, and it cut costs for us, I would be fine with that too.

I can't remember the last time we bought a bar of soap. All three of us use shower gel when bathing. Liquid hand soap for hand washing.

Each bathing location will have a set of products. So in the master bathroom where the tub is separate from the shower, you'll have a set by the tub and a set by the shower. Two sets in a one bedroom with only one bath. In BLT and AKV-KV, where there is an extra bathroom, you get an extra set.

Since I find most lotions, shampoos and conditioners to be inferior to what I prefer to use, I really would rather they not leave anything other than the soaps. Thankfully, Disney has great soap! As for lotion, shampoo and conditioner....I'll continue to bring my own, and I don't want my dues going to pay for those things that so many just throw away anyway.

I am also just a soap user. Honestly, I had not noticed the lack of lotion in the rooms. I have my own lotion in the Owner's Locker.

I was at BLT sunday and there was lotion.

Back at BWV, there is none. But, honestly, I do not use the lotion, so I do not really care.

I just returned from Orlando and was thrilled to see this discussion with all the excellent responses from our community. Still no lotion at BCV but now I'll try to see the cash/dvc distinction as cost savings rather than second class status. Well, I'll try.

I just returned from Orlando and was thrilled to see this discussion with all the excellent responses from our community. Still no lotion at BCV but now I'll try to see the cash/dvc distinction as cost savings rather than second class status. Well, I'll try.

if you makes you feel any better, we feel the same way :)
we use lotion, but never shower gel (it just doesn't seem as cleansing as soap... then again no one in my family can understand taking baths either :confused3).

we keep a bottle of B&BW lotion in our owner's locker, along with paul mitchell/matrix shampoos/conditioners :)

I'd bet that the % of people using body wash is far higher (like 10-20 times or more) than those using the lotion during the visit.

I have to say that we always use the body wash. DD and I like it :goodvibes

Last 2 trips I did notice that we sporadically received a type of lotion ... I think it was a sun-relief type of product. Sorry, I don't remember what it was called. I've seen it and BLT and also at Kidani.

we stayed at OKW 2 bedroom villa in July 2013, cash stay, before we became DVC members and no lotion was in the room when we arrived or any day that the room was made up

I was also disappointed that they changed the products. I liked the blue bottle H20 products but wasn't crazy about the ones they use now. We have to start packing our own shampoo /cond / lotion again. The older I am getting the more my skin feels dry and I need hand lotion

You know, I am not sure how I feel about the switch in the H2O products. The blue shampoo/shower gel combo worked well. We had a different type of shampoo products last visit - I don't think we liked the soap as well, and the shampoo container seems to hold less than the previous blue H20 bottles.

. . . . We had a different type of shampoo products last visit - I don't think we liked the soap as well, and the shampoo container seems to hold less than the previous blue H20 bottles.

I agree that the new soap didn't lather as well and the shampoo didn't last as long. It was a struggle to get it to last to T&T day. And the two of us were only taking one shower each a day.

We don't use any of the products they supply. I pack bottles about 1/4 full and just toss them when we check out. I can't live without my Dial bodywash and Bath and Body Works foamy antibac hand soap. Bar soap grosses me out! No offense to anyone who prefers it, I think it's just because I have a dirty job and when I come home I want to scrub the germs off and rinse them down the drain, not save them on my shower shelf for tomorrow!

No offense to anyone who prefers it, I think it's just because I have a dirty job and when I come home I want to scrub the germs off and rinse them down the drain, not save them on my shower shelf for tomorrow!

There is a solution - wash the bar of soap off before you put it back! Now the dirt left on the body wash bottle or pump - better get a scrub out for that. ;)

My reconnaissance from last week - stays at a Hampton Inn and a Hyatt Regency. Lotion both times and no body wash.

SO glad you brought this up! I have wondered this as well - give us some lotion DVC!
We stayed at the VGC at Disneyland a few years ago and they had the best bath products - h20 brand but it was the Sea Marine line :cloud9:

I agree. We just got back from a week stay at AKL and NO lotion. Come on guys, sometimes it's the little things that make me happy. Honestly, a 3oz bottle of lotion in my room isn't going to break Disney. My husband and I noticed alot of "cutting back" or "skimping" on Disney's part this last trip. Snack options downsized, menu limitations, and more cast member chatting with each other rather than with guests and especially kids. We were travelling with our 17yo son so we weren't personally affected by the later but we noticed it with the kids around us......this last Disney trip just wasn't the same. :(

BigEeyore said:
SO glad you brought this up! I have wondered this as well - give us some lotion DVC!
We stayed at the VGC at Disneyland a few years ago and they had the best bath products - h20 brand but it was the Sea Marine line :cloud9:

I miss that lotion too! I could do without the body wash and get the lotion in its place :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter