Why no body lotion? I'm finally posting!

It's funny b/c this is something that has bothered me ever since I bought into DVC. I don't use the lotion much while I'm at WDW, but I like the travel size bottles to put in my purse or have at work. So I collected enough bottles for my liking with non-DVC stays (and asking for extra) or staying at BLT where they did have them and now just buy the H2O lotion to refill them.

I don't mind packing my own lotion. However, I should not have to pack my own toilet paper! I don't remember it being bad at WDW in the past. However, the stuff they were passing off as t.p. at the Grand Californian last month was horrible!

I know it's weird, but I actually bring our own Charmin TP with us, because the stuff at the DVC resorts is so harsh. I always feel weird either packing it in our suitcase, or adding it to our grocery order, but I'd rather be comfortable!

Oh..and the lotion thing bugs me too. After a long day in the sun and with the amount of walking one does at the parks, lotion would be highly appreciated and necessary!

The only Disney toiletries we use are the bars of soap for hand-washing at the sink. Everything else we use comes out of our owner's locker. So the change away from providing lotion didn't impact us.

I'm just glad the soap has been decent from the past few vendors. Who remembers the "Lisa" soap, that looked like someone had carved the word "Lisa" in it with a butter knife or something? The round Mickey soaps were really cool (we still use them in our guest bathroom), but getting the plastic off was worse than opening a CD case. It used to frustrate me to all ends. My all-time favorite, though, were the bars of soap that had whole caraway or fennel seeds embedded throughout them. DVC used them for the longest time. It made washing sunburned skin almost as fun as being scratched by a cat. I still don't know what they were thinking with that one.

What the heck... while I'm this far :offtopic:, who remembers the handful of pink "sand" you used to get from the dispensers when washing your hands in the parks?

What was this thread about? Oh yeah... lotion.

I totally agree with this. Who uses body wash???
My DH does. He's from Europe and I think it's more common there to use shower gel or body wash in the shower than it is here in the US. It's supposed to be better for your skin than soap (less drying) and better for your tub (no ring) but since I don't use it myself I can't say whether or not that's true. Perhaps it's there because so many of WDW's guests are from outside the US.

I have always thought it was odd that there is no lotion at the DVC resorts. Other places we stay offer it. We always got it on our pre-DVC stays at WDW hotels. I bought some lotion at Basin to keep in my Owners Locker and before that I just brought some of my leftover lotion from stays at other hotels.

What I would appreciate more than lotion is another little bottle of the solar relief gel that we got on our AKV Concierge stay. We do use sunscreen but sometimes I miss a spot and that stuff was very soothing.

We were in a GV at OKW this past november and we had enough bottles of everything to supply a small drug store. I was amazed. We bring our own toiletries from home but I did love that grapefruit scented lotion and used it alot. I'll miss it if we don't have it this time around. :sad:

What the heck... while I'm this far :offtopic:, who remembers the handful of pink "sand" you used to get from the dispensers when washing your hands in the parks?

I do! Our local public library still has the soap sand. :)

Disney in the winter months pains my hands from being out in the drying wind. I recall desperately seeking out lotion one trip only to find it was sold out everywhere I looked with only the testers remaining. (I loved those testers). It never occurred to me to head to the Basin in DtD. I now make sure to bring suntan lotion with me even in the winter months which can double as hand lotion if I'm desperate for lotion.

It would be nice if we could choose the items supplied in room. We use the soaps and shower gel but don't touch the shampoo or conditioners as we bring our own. A lotion option would have been very welcome.

Over Christmas this past year, we stayed at BLT and had all of the toiletries. I love the grapefruit scented hand lotion, shampoo, and conditioner. My husband hops in the tub the first night and squeezes all of the body wash out and uses it as bubble bath. Thank goodness my kids are older or they might not be happy with that arrangement.
Elizabeth

Just returned from BWV. There was body lotion when we checked in, but it was not replenished on our trash and towel day. Only received the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

Just returned from BWV. There was body lotion when we checked in, but it was not replenished on our trash and towel day. Only received the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

The room was probably occupied by a cash guest before you.

:earsboy: Bill

Checked into BLT yesterday. Body lotion in both bathrooms of our 1 bedroom. Maybe your voice was heard, OP!

Speaking of only getting them every 4 days. D they really think one tiny little bottle smaller than a travel size will work for a family for 4 days. They know how many people are checking in.....why only one???

Speaking of only getting them every 4 days. D they really think one tiny little bottle smaller than a travel size will work for a family for 4 days. They know how many people are checking in.....why only one???
It depends on the room size. You get one of everything in a studio, two of everything in most 1BRs, three of everything in the 1BRs with the extra bathroom.

It depends on the room size. You get one of everything in a studio, two of everything in most 1BRs, three of everything in the 1BRs with the extra bathroom.

I always stay at a one bedroom....and only get one of each....other than soap.

I always stay at a one bedroom....and only get one of each....other than soap.
Where do you stay? In all of our stays, there was only one where we only got one set of bath products. Normally you get a set of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel for the shower and another set for use in the whirlpool tub.

Where do you stay? In all of our stays, there was only one where we only got one set of bath products. Normally you get a set of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel for the shower and another set for use in the whirlpool tub.
I don't every recall having 2 sets day 1 for a studio or 1 BR or 3 for a 2 BR.

I enjoy having all the toiletries as well. I'm all for simplied packing over product princess. I use the shampoo, conditioner, soap and facial soap (and lotion when it's available). I used to pack cetaphil for my face but then realized their mild facial soap is fine for a few days.

Find the supplies for a studio are adequate for 2 people - not more. I do carry 'samples' with me in case we run out as our FL based DD does join us on the weekends, altho she usually brings her own products.

I think the lotion has been a new addition (re-addition) - I remember being surprised it was there for our March stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter