• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you get the Covid vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

While I am happy that progress seems to be happening very quickly, I have to say that I am unsure whether or not I am willing to get this vaccine. Experts are saying it will be safe, but how do they really know? There could possibly be long term effects that no one is even aware of right now. This alone has me leaning towards not getting it for a good long time.

‘Thoughts?
You should create a poll for this thread!

I will be in the last groups allowed due to my age and health. I will eventually but wouldn't be first in line even if were eligible.

There are just too many unknowns like if it actually works if exposed. (Last I read, trial participants weren’t directly exposed to COVID)
does it last forever or 6 months, a year?
Are there any long lasting effects?

I will be in the last groups allowed due to my age and health. I will eventually but wouldn't be first in line even if were eligible.

There are just too many unknowns like if it actually works if exposed. (Last I read, trial participants weren’t directly exposed to COVID)
does it last forever or 6 months, a year?
Are there any long lasting effects?

There is another thread on this board that actually answers all of your questions. Start towards the end...

I have an autoimmune reaction to the flu shot, so I'll be curious to find out what my doctor advises me to do.

I will get it as soon as it’s available to me.

Long term side effects from vaccines are exceedingly rare, and short and long term side effects from Covid are common. Also the vaccine tech is not new, and the studies may be accelerated but what usually makes them take years is lack of funding/interest, low disease spread, and administrative red tape. It's an easy choice for me.

I will, but like others, I am at the back of the line so it will be a while before it is offered to me. I am very happy such progress has been made and I hope it helps all of us move forward safely.

While I am happy that progress seems to be happening very quickly, I have to say that I am unsure whether or not I am willing to get this vaccine. Experts are saying it will be safe, but how do they really know? There could possibly be long term effects that no one is even aware of right now. This alone has me leaning towards not getting it for a good long time.

‘Thoughts?

Yes, I can't wait to get it!

A friend of mine had Covid early on and is still dealing with the long term affects. He is in his 40's, healthy and had no risk factors. So for me, I am MUCH more worried about the long term affects of getting Covid than I am of the shot!

nope - I have never gotten a flu shot and won't get this - unless long term effects are shown after survival rate of it were to change to something worth considering it.

And that's definitely your choice!

I just hope most people don't think like this. Our biggest chance at getting our lives back are these vaccines. People need to get vaccinated, so I hope most choose to do so. (outside of medical/religious reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter