WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Hi Patty finally got on today and saw you have been posting:cool1:.. I love your pics of the food and characters. It sounds and looks like you are having a great time! I am glad your meet ups are going good so far. We have stayed at HRH multiple times and really enjoy it there. I really enjoy the photo package too.:thumbsup2

I agree my kitties know when we are leaving they get so needy :laughing: and act up. It's funny when we come home though we get the butt for a bit :rotfl:... It's our little punishment for going away. It will be interesting this little trip we are going on this week. The new pet sitter that I hired will be here. Cat trees are funny in my house. I have some that love them and others who could care less!!!

Can't wait to continue following along!!

Loving your trip report, Patty! The photos are great! There’s a HRH stay in my future

Thanks for reading along!!:)

You'll love the HRH!!:love: It's so relaxing here! Sleep in, go on a few rides (NO WAIT!!), walk back to the hotel in a few minutes, have some food & drinks, go on a few more rides, have dessert, early bedtime:thumbsup2 The other day we went on ONE ride then relaxed all day!! Our old bones are very happy here!::yes::

Hi Patty finally got on today and saw you have been posting:cool1:.. I love your pics of the food and characters. It sounds and looks like you are having a great time! I am glad your meet ups are going good so far. We have stayed at HRH multiple times and really enjoy it there. I really enjoy the photo package too.:thumbsup2

I agree my kitties know when we are leaving they get so needy :laughing: and act up. It's funny when we come home though we get the butt for a bit :rotfl:... It's our little punishment for going away. It will be interesting this little trip we are going on this week. The new pet sitter that I hired will be here. Cat trees are funny in my house. I have some that love them and others who could care less!!!

Can't wait to continue following along!!

Hi Bobbie!:wave2: Yes- we're having a great time! :thumbsup2

We had our pet sitter over the weekend while Troy was here. A couple of the kitties don't like visitors- they hide! She is so sweet and she feels bad they won't come out! Finally, on Saturday, Milo came out and the sitter was able to pet him! She said it made her day!! :) Here are the pictures she sent me:

1. He thinks he's hiding under the couch cushion! :laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_3233.jpg

He's brave enough to peek his head out!

thumbnail_IMG_3234.jpg

Success!!:cool1:

thumbnail_IMG_3235.jpg

Thanks for reading along!!:)

Friday evening Joe and I had plans to attend the Velvet Sessions at the Hard Rock. Every month- the last Friday- they host a singer and the lobby is turned into a concert venue. We've seen it in the lobby before, but didn't attend. This month Tony Lewis from The Outfield was performing. They had many hits in the 80's including Since You've Been Gone, Say it isn't So, All the Love, and the one we know best, Your Love. Since this vacation is all about relaxing, we decided to purchase tickets as the concert was only an elevator ride away! Troy wasn't interested in going- he went to the park that evening!

Tony Lewis and his wife were staying at HRH on the club level. We realized later that we were at breakfast together that morning and Joe had struck up a conversation with his wife. We didn't recognize him that morning, but when we saw him in the lobby later overseeing the sound checks and his wife was there, we realized it was them! Neat!

They move all of the furniture out of the lobby, put in a stage and add a few bars. We watched as the lobby was transformed!

thumbnail_IMG_2875.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2874.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2903.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2902.jpg

Last edited:
That’s so cool, Patty. We are big fans of live music, where we go. You think they book the velvet session year round on the last Friday of the month?

That’s so cool, Patty. We are big fans of live music, where we go. You think they book the velvet session year round on the last Friday of the month?

Yes- it's every month- last Friday of the month. Here's the information when I googled Hard Rock Hotel Orlando Velvet Sessions:

HARD ROCK HOTEL ORLANDO VELVET SESSIONS
Sessions offers you the chance to party with a rock star. Velvet Sessions is Orlando's only rock'n'roll cocktail party, and one all-inclusive ticket gives you a selection of complimentary themed cocktails, finger food and access to an concert with a world-renowned musician. Each month, session showcases a legendary performers like Joan Jett, The Go-Go's, or Foreigner.

Hard Rock Hotel hosts the award-winning "Velvet Sessions" where you can check out an up-close and personal rock concert, in our very own lobby, while enjoying some finger foods, and fun cocktails. Past performers include Bret Michaels, Joan Jett, Foreigner, Eddie Money, En Vogue, Scott Stapp and many more.

HALLOWEEN VELVET SESSIONS! Friday, October 26, The Wallflowers will perform their hits "One Headlight," "6th Avenue Heartache," "Heroes," and more.

They're usually bands that our more mature age group will enjoy!:)

I don't think they release band information too far in advance, but if you're in town at the end of the month, they will have a concert! They will have the performer for the current as well as the next month on the website.
https://www.hardrockhotelorlando.com/velvet-sessions.htm

thumbnail_IMG_2906.jpg

We had a wonderful time at the concert! We purchased the VIP tickets online- so we could enter the venue at 6pm and had access to a special area with a private bar. There were a few tables with chairs in the area, but we didn't get a table. The bar opened promptly at 6- we took our drinks and sat outside at a patio table for a bit. They had wait staff passing around appetizers which began at 7 pm. There were about four different appetizers and they restocked often. They kept bringing around appetizers until the show began at 8 pm. Then, they proceeded to bring out desserts!!:thumbsup2 The food was plentiful- they brought around so much that after a while we were all full and declined any more!! Sorry- no pictures! We had our hands full with food and drinks, but trust me all the offerings were yummy!!:)

We met the nicest couple there- they offered to share their table with us! We chatted with them the entire night!! Had the best time! Who knew that attending a concert on vacation in Florida would result in my obtaining an accounting client? ::yes:: Sounds like I may have to plan a business trip or two to Orlando:rolleyes1

Last edited:
I am actually think we will be following your lead going the fall and hitting a velvet session and a Halloween party and stat at HRH. Might not be able to swing it next year as we are doing a big bucket list trip to Moab Utah for almost 2 weeks. Depends on how my mom is doing too.

Wow wonderful!

It was a very nice event! I'd recommend it if you can fit in into a trip!:thumbsup2

I am actually think we will be following your lead going the fall and hitting a velvet session and a Halloween party and stat at HRH. Might not be able to swing it next year as we are doing a big bucket list trip to Moab Utah for almost 2 weeks. Depends on how my mom is doing too.

I think you would enjoy the HRH! and the Velvet sessions ! Right now they only have the October concert released- The Wallflowers on Oct. 26.

Wow! A long trip out west to Utah sounds fabulous!! :goodvibes Yes- I understand about your mom and her health. My mom is 86 and doing well, but things can change and travel plans would be adjusted accordingly. Sending prayers your way that your mom stays well!:)

Before we headed to Velvet Sessions, we enjoyed drinks and appetizers in the lounge!

Crackers, Mozzarella & Pesto Tomato with Basil Vinaigrette:

thumbnail_IMG_2891.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2892.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday was going to be FUN!! Kyle and Erin were driving up from Ft. Lauderdale to join us for HHN!!:goodvibes

Since we were going to be out VERY late- HHN runs until 2am:eek:, we decided to sleep in and just stick around the resort until heading over to the park for HHN.

We had breakfast in the lounge. For lunch, we went to Emack & Bolio's on the first floor and ordered sandwiches. We took them up to the lounge to eat. There are soft drinks, bottled water, cucumber water, & lemonade available. Emack & Bolio's has a nice assortment of snacks, drinks, and hot items. Here are pictures of their offerings:

thumbnail_IMG_2935.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2933.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2936.jpg

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter