Yay Lauren is going to see Mickey-our PTR MAW GTKW

oh and quick question: after all this......disney for 3 days/universal for 2/seaworld for 1--would you stop by Kennedy Space Center? Is it something a 6-year/and 15-year old girl would enjoy? we're heading NE anyway to see the ocean......

I think your plans sound great. I would definately do Kennedy Space Center. We are going to see how things go with our trip and if we have time were going to try to squeeze it in.

I just noticed that you have Honey I Shrunk the Audience on your EPCOT day. I believe that it is not showing now, that they have refitted it with Catain EO. You might want to check out the refurbs and closures on allearnet.com...

Lynn

Ok guys here's our first full day!! Sunday night we'll be just checking out GKTW and maybe going to Downtown Disney....depends on what time we get in.

Monday:

First thing there are supposed to be Disney characters visiting GKTW. Of course we have to do that :) then breakfast-then head out to Epcot!

Must do:
Future World: Soarin/Seas With Nemo/Honey I Shrunk the Audience/Test Track
World Showcase: passports! get some sushi for Jordan at Japan lol/Norway-Maelstrom ride/and we've GOT to get our pics taken with the troll! and I wanted to see the family crests at United Kingdom

Now remember Lauren doesn't know yet so I haven't added her or Jordan's must do's!

Late lunch at the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom then explore AK!!!!

I have a lot I hope for us to see here....so we're gonna take our time and stay as long as Lauren wants then we'll just order in pizza back at GKTW.

Discovery Trail
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest Exp
maharajaha Jungle Trek
Expedition Everest (this one I'm still contemplating-any insight? seems I read it has a huge drop and I really can't handle those!)
The Boneyard
Fossil Fun Games
Primevel Whirl
Tricera Top Spin
Dinosaur

Pam-you could be a huge help on my ptr! Both being heart kids-let me know if anything stands out to you please! should do/shouldn't etc :)

Hi!

You mentioned doing passports. You'd think these would be easy to find but I had the devil's own time finding them the year we did them. Two spots you could try: International Gateway and the store outside Journey into your Imagination.

As for AK, we're doing the Boneyard for the first time this trip. We've never seem to fit it in before. From everything I've heard, it really needs to be done in the morning because it gets too hot (... you're going in the summer too right?). My plan right now is to do it right before our lunch at Rainforest Cafe. DS7 and DH love Expedition Everest. I don't do coasters and have stayed with the little ones so I can't say much about it but its DS7's fav ride and the main reason we're going to AK this trip. I've asked on TGM about Primevil Whirl. We've never done it and we also don't do tea cups. I was told that its pretty rough... kinda like the old Scrambler ride in the fairgrounds .... even though it looks to me more like the TiltAWhirl. We've decided to skip it this trip but I thought I'd let you know in case you're not a fan of those kinds of rides. Oh, and have some cash on your for the fun games. If I recall correctly, you actually have to pay out of pocket for those.

Might as well go ahead and do Tuesday.......nothing much going on at work!!

First thing-Nick characters! Then we're headed out to SeaWorld for the day.

Must ride: Journey to Atlantis (insight please!) and Wild Arctic Ride

Must see: Hoping to do an upclose penguin tour/Believe/Elmo & Abby's Treasure Hunt
------------Shark Encounter/Wild Arctic/Dolphin cove/Shaum-closeup/Dolphin Nursery/Manatee Rescue/Stingray Lagoon/Pacific Point Preserve/Jewel of the Sea/Manta Aquarium
Must Eat: Captain Pete's Island Eats (insight?)
Must Shop: Coconut Bay/currents/Exit Gifts/Oyster's Secret/Sands Castle Toys/Simply Shamu
Must Play: Shamu's Happy Harbor

yes I'm stretching it here.........we'll just do what we can!!!

ADR's at the Whispering Canyon Cafe early that evening then back to play at GKTW :)

We visited SW a few years ago. Sydney has asked to see the dolphins as part of her wish so we're heading back for 1/2 day this time. Dolphin Dove is wonderful! They're hungriest in the morning so your interaction may be much nicer if you do it early in the day. Same for Pacific Point Preserve and the Stingray Lagoon I would think. We tried to do the Stingrays later in the day and they wanted nothing to do with us. You didn't include the Blue Horizons show or the Clyde and Seamore show. its hard to fit the shows in but those two shows are really amazing if you have the time. We did Elmo and Abby's treasure hunt last trip and unless your kiddos are huge Sesame Street fans, I'd skip that for one of the other shows if you're pressed for time.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience was definitely closed when we were there in May. I have no idea what is there now. Also, wanted to add that we rode Primeval Whirl, and it was rough...the gentle spins are fine, but there is a part where you are kind of whipped back and forth when it spins, and it really wasn't a thrilling ride, as far as we were concerned! Carmella thought she'd love it, as she loves to spin, but she wasn't impressed either.

Sounds like you have lots planned!!!

Thanks so much for the feedback ladies! I had no idea Honey I Shrunk the Kids was gone :( And so good to know about Primevel Whirl....Lauren really doesn't need to be jerked around! And lol good to know about the SS show....if we're short on time that's the one we'll skip! Thanks so much!

Wanted to add this-I think it's so fun!!! Kenny Wallace a driver for Nascar will be driving a car adorned with children's names that have passed away or are still living with congenital heart defects. Lauren's name will be on there too!!! It's August 20....I think ESPN2 I need to make sure....just wanted to share!!!!

Hi!

You mentioned doing passports. You'd think these would be easy to find but I had the devil's own time finding them the year we did them. Two spots you could try: International Gateway and the store outside Journey into your Imagination.
You can print your own and they are so much cuter. A wonderful disBoards member designed these and we used them the last trip and received so many compliments on them! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1509917

As for AK, we're doing the Boneyard for the first time this trip. We've never seem to fit it in before. From everything I've heard, it really needs to be done in the morning because it gets too hot (... you're going in the summer too right?). My plan right now is to do it right before our lunch at Rainforest Cafe. DS7 and DH love Expedition Everest.This ride is a little jerky in some parts, but it is a lot of fun. The backwards part makes you feel like you go upside down, but you never so. The big drop is not so bad. I don't do coasters and have stayed with the little ones so I can't say much about it but its DS7's fav ride and the main reason we're going to AK this trip. I've asked on TGM about Primevil Whirl. This ride made me feel sick and I will ride almost anything. When I got off I was in store by the ride and a castmember told me that the castmembers secretly call it Primevil Hurl.We've never done it and we also don't do tea cups. I was told that its pretty rough... kinda like the old Scrambler ride in the fairgrounds .... even though it looks to me more like the TiltAWhirl. We've decided to skip it this trip but I thought I'd let you know in case you're not a fan of those kinds of rides. Oh, and have some cash on your for the fun games. If I recall correctly, you actually have to pay out of pocket for those.
You do pay out of pocket, but I have never played these.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience was definitely closed when we were there in May. I have no idea what is there now. Also, wanted to add that we rode Primeval Whirl, and it was rough...the gentle spins are fine, but there is a part where you are kind of whipped back and forth when it spins, and it really wasn't a thrilling ride, as far as we were concerned! Carmella thought she'd love it, as she loves to spin, but she wasn't impressed either.

Sounds like you have lots planned!!!

Wanted to add this-I think it's so fun!!! Kenny Wallace a driver for Nascar will be driving a car adorned with children's names that have passed away or are still living with congenital heart defects. Lauren's name will be on there too!!! It's August 20....I think ESPN2 I need to make sure....just wanted to share!!!!
This is great! I will see if I can see her name when we watch it on TV!

Ok guys here's our first full day!! Sunday night we'll be just checking out GKTW and maybe going to Downtown Disney....depends on what time we get in.

Monday:

First thing there are supposed to be Disney characters visiting GKTW. Of course we have to do that :) then breakfast-then head out to Epcot!

Must do:
Future World: Soarin/Seas With Nemo/Honey I Shrunk the Audience/Test Track All of you will love Soaring and the Seas with Nemo. Make sure you go in the back door of the Nemo ride. When you approach the ride there will be a long line and a cast member directing you to the entrance. Ignore the cast member and keep walking to the left. There is a back entrance there. You will find additional cast members inside to show your GAC card to and you will not stand in line.
World Showcase: passports! get some sushi for Jordan at Japan lol/Norway-Maelstrom ride/and we've GOT to get our pics taken with the troll! This is fun and a must!and I wanted to see the family crests at United Kingdom

Now remember Lauren doesn't know yet so I haven't added her or Jordan's must do's!

Late lunch at the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom then explore AK!!!!

I have a lot I hope for us to see here....so we're gonna take our time and stay as long as Lauren wants then we'll just order in pizza back at GKTW.

Discovery Trail
Kilimanjaro Safari This ride is best early inthe day when it is cooler and the animals are more active.
Pangani Forest Exp
maharajaha Jungle Trek
Expedition Everest (this one I'm still contemplating-any insight? seems I read it has a huge drop and I really can't handle those!)
The Boneyard
Fossil Fun Games
Primevel Whirl As previously stated - do not ride!
Tricera Top Spin Just like Dumbos and it is fun!
Dinosaur This ride is dark with strobe lights and it can also jerk you around quite a bit. I love it, but I thought I should warn you!

Pam-you could be a huge help on my ptr! Both being heart kids-let me know if anything stands out to you please! should do/shouldn't etc :)

Ok, I think I have added more than my 2 cents worth in pink above. Let me know if you think of more questions and I will try to answer them!:banana::banana::banana:

You have got some great advice:wizard: I am glad to read about primevil whirl. I wont be going on that ride either:rotfl2: Sounds like you have some great plans there. I am really lagging in finalizing some of our days lol.

We took a 15 yr old to the Space Center a couple of years ago and she loved it. As for your younger one, if she is interested in rockets and space, she probably would enjoy it, however it is really more like a museum than Disney World. It will be very, very hot as there is not much shade. However, there are space capsules to climb in and out of and lots of rockets and an IMAX movie. You definitely need to take the bus ride or do the tour as that is the only way to see the huge Saturn rocket. One thing you will miss is an actual shuttle. As far as I know, there is no launch scheduled for several months and they do move the shuttle to the launch pad until a couple of weeks before launch. You will be able to see the launch pads. I think there is only 1 ride - the kind that makes you sick, so I haven't done and don't plan to do it, but the 15 yr old thought it was great. I believe it is a simulated launch to the moon. I have been there twice and still haven't seen everything. I hope to go back.

I will not ride Primevil Whirl anymore...it is VERY jerky...plus, it has to be the most boring and slowest moving queue in all of WDW...it even seems worse than DUmbo to me...

We LOVE the games in the the Dinoland area. They do cost cash (Very expensive, we usually stick to the roll the ball race game and the water pistol race game,as they are the easiest to win the silly little stuffed dinosaurs...yes we come home with some every year! Also, last time we were there, they had a "package" type deal...ask a cm...it was like $20, but you got more plays for your money that way.

Lynn

OK, I NEED :-)rotfl2:)to see pictures and hear details about the party! I am so needing a trip report fix today...

Lynn

Here you go darlin!!!!

Last night was the most amazing night ever!

First, we told her that a few people were just coming over to swim and eat. She didn't think it was a big deal. She was excited when my neice, Karli, showed up and then her friend Bree.

Everyone got there just in time. We sat out back and ate and the kids swam. The anticipation was killing everybody lol.

Then Lauren (the Make a Wish Lauren) called me and said we're here. So, I went out front and met Tinkerbell. She was a friend of Lauren's and had never done anything like this before....she was the cutest thing ever and played the part perfectly! I take them all inside and the three of them went into Jordan's bedroom to figure out how they wanted to do things.

Then Kelly and Lauren followed me out back to my Lauren who was swimming. Lauren's eyes got big and she said are yall here to grant my wish? lol then MAW Lauren said we just wanted to come by and see how you're doing. Lauren said oh lol MAW Lauren said we have a friend inside that we'd like you to meet and you can play a game. Lauren was kind of hesitant but went along with it. We got her a towel and wrapped her up and she followed Kelly and Lauren into the house. They had presents sitting out on the table and they said Lauren we'd like you to meet our friend. Then Tinkerbell came out....Lauren said I just don't know lol!!! She honestly didn't know what to think. Then Tinkerbell would show her pictures and Lauren had to guess who they were or what movie they were from. When she got them right she got to choose a present. After she'd opened all the presents-she was so animated with everyone of them - just thankyou so much and on and on. They saved the best for last of course.....They rolled a suitcase around and Lauren said wow that's big and they said open the pocket first and read what's in there to us. So Lauren pulls out this card and she reads
Congratulations you're going to Disney World
then. she. flipped. lol
She went insane-there was not a dry eye in the house...she was beyond ecstatic. She was screaming and hugging mommy etc. and the excitement just went on and on when she found out she was leaving this saturday. After pics with the wish girls and Tinkerbell she announced she was going to her room to pack.
It was amazing and a moment we'll cherish forever.

I'll get some pics uploaded tonight! Promise!!!

That is awesome. So fun to read about your party. And so sad that y'all will be there just one week before us!

Awww.... that's awesome!! I'm so happy that she was able to be surprised like that!!! Sounds like you guys will have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter