YAY! Project Runway is BACK, ya'll.

I agree with them completely. When I first saw the ads for TFS, I thought Isaac was going to be the "mentor." I just didn't like the end result. While I'm not generally advocating that PR become more like TFS, I would rather see the winning garment from each week produced and sold, instead of auctioned. It would help a lot more designers (not just the ultimate winner) in getting their name out there. The show only lasts so long, but after that, if someone is wearing their clothes, they have a walking advertisement and branding agent.

I hope I'm not going to make too many enemies with this All-Star observation but... here goes.

Will someone PLEASE explain what the hell was supposed to be so fashionable about Chris' homage to a 1983 JC Penny's catalogue? I saw nothing...NOTHING that deserved applause.

Okay, I was just on the Lifetime site to check you the T-Lo awards for the week (Lifetime has the Project Rungay boys giving out snarky awards each week, it's cute) when I realized: No TIM'S TAKE! :scared1:

It's been so long since the last season of Project Runway that I'd totally forgotten how much I loved reading Tim's blog each week. And it's not there. :mad:

I hope I'm not going to make too many enemies with this All-Star observation but... here goes.

Will someone PLEASE explain what the hell was supposed to be so fashionable about Chris' homage to a 1983 JC Penny's catalogue? I saw nothing...NOTHING that deserved applause.

Nauf, the PRgayboys explain it better than I ever could. I was pretty "meh" about the collection myself.

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2009/08/all-star-chris.html

How awesome to click through channels this afternoon and find the All Star show on now (instead of Reba, which is what the channel guide lists should be on).... looks like it'll be a marathon viewing of Project Runway for me tonight right before the new one at 10pm!

SOOOOO glad that they sent Malvin packing! He seemed like another nut job to me.

How mean of Mitchell to tell Ra'mon that his dress looked like a blowling bag! How funny that Rebecca Romijn said EXACTLY the same thing! :rotfl:

And Shirin's outfit was fantastic! She really was the only choice for the win, I think (Though I think Christopher should have been in the top three again this week over one of the other two looks)

Wow. That was some messed up judging!

I thought that neoprene dress was a catastrophe! And they gave it the win?!?!?!?:scared1:

All of the looks I thought were the best were in the "middle of the pack" and were not called back to the runway at all. I guess I'm not "fashion forward" enough. Huge shocker!

Johny and Irina's outfit was kinda blah and boring, but the macrame back was very cool. Just wish they hadn't partly covered it up with the shirt over it.

I totally agree that Mitchell needed to go, however. How ironic the he was the "captain" of the winning team.

I was sure they were going to eliminate Qrystal because Mitchell made for better tv. And I agree with you about the middle of the pack looks.

I totally agree that Mitchell needed to go, however. How ironic the he was the "captain" of the winning team.

Yes, I agree also, he needed to go. It's always amazing to me how often the team captain gets over powered by his/her picks.

Tim Gunn in flip flops was surreal.

I'm going to have to be careful about reading this thread before I watch the show because I tivo them.

I haven't seen the neoprene dress yet but I can tell you that neoprene is a total hassle to sew, ugh, so maybe they were giving it difficulty snaps.

There are some *good* designers this year. And yeah, that guy does look like Melissa Etheridge :rotfl:...

Tim Gunn in flip flops was surreal.

I'm going to have to be careful about reading this thread before I watch the show because I tivo them.

I haven't seen the neoprene dress yet but I can tell you that neoprene is a total hassle to sew, ugh, so maybe they were giving it difficulty snaps.

There are some *good* designers this year. And yeah, that guy does look like Melissa Etheridge :rotfl:...

Hey there! Welcome to the GLBT boards! (And to our little Project Runway thread).

:wave:

I'm flying sans avatar or signature until November, hoping for a little more tolerance over here ;).

Love, love love PR...

Well, we do tend to be a tolerant bunch. We've got lots of open-minded friends here!:thumbsup2

Be sure to tells us about yourself over on the "Introduce Yourself" thread stickied at the top of the forum!

Wow. That was some messed up judging!

I thought that neoprene dress was a catastrophe! And they gave it the win?!?!?!?:scared1:

All of the looks I thought were the best were in the "middle of the pack" and were not called back to the runway at all. I guess I'm not "fashion forward" enough. Huge shocker!

:furious:So, while watching last night's episode, I was reminded of Tim Gunn's interview where he talked about a horrible judging decision and that the winning look was the worst one there and the guest judge basically was the reason it won. He said he wanted to buy the look and make the guest judge wear it. I totally think this was the challenge, b/c that was awful. And coming from a state in which beach-wear is acceptable 12/12 months of the year, the flowy cocktail dress that Ra'Mon made was emphatically NOT beachwear. Shirin/Carol Hannah? Beachwear. Althea/Louise? Beachwear.

The winning dress looked like someone took lime green craft foam and spilled Tide all over it. Yuck.:sad1: Whenever I've gotten stains on my clothes, I've thrown them out. I guess I should start wearing them out in public and just announcing them as "avante garde." "Oh, this? That's not a wine stain. It's dyed to look that way. It's an avante garde piece. It's the latest thing, didn't you know?"

Ok.

First off, I think what's his name who went home? About time. He was worthless. I'm not holding back today.

Secondly, the dress that won? Looked like crap on a stick. And I'm not trying to make fun of skinny models when I say that. How could that win?

And I have to say, I'm TOTALLY smitten with the former crack dude. He's so cute.

:furious:So, while watching last night's episode, I was reminded of Tim Gunn's interview where he talked about a horrible judging decision and that the winning look was the worst one there and the guest judge basically was the reason it won. He said he wanted to buy the look and make the guest judge wear it. I totally think this was the challenge, b/c that was awful. And coming from a state in which beach-wear is acceptable 12/12 months of the year, the flowy cocktail dress that Ra'Mon made was emphatically NOT beachwear. Shirin/Carol Hannah? Beachwear. Althea/Louise? Beachwear.

The winning dress looked like someone took lime green craft foam and spilled Tide all over it. Yuck.:sad1: Whenever I've gotten stains on my clothes, I've thrown them out. I guess I should start wearing them out in public and just announcing them as "avante garde." "Oh, this? That's not a wine stain. It's dyed to look that way. It's an avante garde piece. It's the latest thing, didn't you know?"

Hooray! Sarah's back! I've missed my PR buddy!

:furious:So, while watching last night's episode, I was reminded of Tim Gunn's interview where he talked about a horrible judging decision and that the winning look was the worst one there and the guest judge basically was the reason it won. He said he wanted to buy the look and make the guest judge wear it. I totally think this was the challenge, b/c that was awful.

This makes me miss "Tim's Take" even more! It was the BEST objective look at each piece that was created.

And ugh. That neoprene monstrosity! It looked like he pulled it out of his butt and it still smelled like pooh!

I finally watched the neoprene episode, and yeah, the neoprene was crap. My 10 year old can sew better than that. I mean, it FLAPPED in the back. :lmao: I always love to have parts of my dresses flap when I wear them.

There's a picture in this week's Entertainment Weekly that talks about the new Valentino DVD out, and there's a photo of him looking at the camera with a model wearing a red sheath dress, and you can see the incredible amount of structure and correct construction that went into that seemingly simple piece, and then you compare it with Ramon's garbage, and I'm like, what on earth. :furious:.

I can't watch the show if they keep giving the award to the best drama that week instead of the best work that week...

Oh yeah, I'd just like to add that my Barbie Cake that I made for DD this week looks better than Ramon's dress. Eat that!

cake.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter