YAY! Project Runway is BACK, ya'll.

Oh yeah, I'd just like to add that my Barbie Cake that I made for DD this week looks better than Ramon's dress. Eat that!

cake.jpg

I agree and it looks yummy!

Okay, so I disagree with having the models as clients (dating back to the 1st season-MORGANZA!) because instead of just giving a few general ideas, they often feel this makes them "designers" and they want the zipper here and the hem just there. Last night's challenge was no different to me. It seems like the winning designers were the ones who took the models "ideas" and incorporated them into their own general style of design.

I LOVED Althea's outfit and I'm glad it won. In a sea of cocktail dresses, that one would stand out. If I had somewhere I could wear it, I would LOVE that outfit. Carol Hannah's was also a great look. I really liked Louise's dress, but she needed a blonde for that look. A black dress on a blonde makes the hair and eyes stand out, so people notice the girl, not the dress.

So fitting that QrYstYl goes home. No talent. I think they sell that dress at Cache. Even the Smurf prom dress was better than that mess. Poor Valerie. I missed Models of the Runway afterward, so I missed seeing whether or not she was rescured by another designer.

Okay, so I disagree with having the models as clients (dating back to the 1st season-MORGANZA!) because instead of just giving a few general ideas, they often feel this makes them "designers" and they want the zipper here and the hem just there. Last night's challenge was no different to me. It seems like the winning designers were the ones who took the models "ideas" and incorporated them into their own general style of design.

I LOVED Althea's outfit and I'm glad it won. In a sea of cocktail dresses, that one would stand out. If I had somewhere I could wear it, I would LOVE that outfit. Carol Hannah's was also a great look. I really liked Louise's dress, but she needed a blonde for that look. A black dress on a blonde makes the hair and eyes stand out, so people notice the girl, not the dress.

So fitting that QrYstYl goes home. No talent. I think they sell that dress at Cache. Even the Smurf prom dress was better than that mess. Poor Valerie. I missed Models of the Runway afterward, so I missed seeing whether or not she was rescured by another designer.

I agree. Models as clients always equals PAINFUL!

Once again, though; my favorite looks were relegated to "middle of the pack". I think Nicholas (the Melissa Etheridge lookalike) created a stunning look! That white and silver number was awesome. And Giordana's look was very cool with the woven section down the front. And I think Christopher's look in green with black accents was cute.

The top three really weren't doing it for me. Well, Epperson's dress was kinda cool.

I agree. It was time for Crystal to go home (I refuse to type that nonsense spelling she created for herself).

All designers stayed with their models this week, so Valerie was eliminated for the second time. Too bad. It's past time for the psycho model (who I agree with Turkygurl, didn't look nearly as good in that dress as Turkygurl herself would) to get the ole heave ho.

Okay, what's up with the judges? No Michael Kors AND no Nina Garcia this week? And the official "Guest Judge" was a harsh b . . . er . . . meanie! The lady from Marie Claire was pretty good, but the guy they got to stand in for Kors. :confused3 Me no likee!

All designers stayed with their models this week, so Valerie was eliminated for the second time. Too bad. It's past time for the psycho model (who I agree with Turkygurl, didn't look nearly as good in that dress as Turkygurl herself would) to get the ole heave ho.

Okay, what's up with the judges? No Michael Kors AND no Nina Garcia this week? And the official "Guest Judge" was a harsh b . . . er . . . meanie! The lady from Marie Claire was pretty good, but the guy they got to stand in for Kors. :confused3 Me no likee!

Marc Bouwer [sp] has that kind of reputation. I miss Mr. Orange (MK). :( Although, after Nina pressing for a Ra'Mon win last week, I was glad to have a week off, or it's possible that Logan or QrYsTalYl might have won.

I would offer to be a model for PR, however the designers would consider my size 6 self to be "plus-sized" and then whine for hours about how they are not used to "these proportions" and how "hard" it is to design for someone of a "larger size." :snooty: Whatever. I have a better walk than half the girls on their best day. Schlumpy is not strutting. Put your freakin shoulders back ladies and WALK. Althea's model WALKED. She SOLD that outfit. if she had schlumped down the runway (like a few of her counterparts), I don't think the outfit would have won.

I dunno, I didn't think Althea's outfit worked on her model; the skirt was poofy in front and her ****s were bouncing all over the place in that gray wifebeater underneath. I did think the coat was sleek but with her model's long hair covering it it took away the elegance and the model's neck. It drives me nuts how bad some of the models are-yeah, commerical and catalog quality, but NOT runway quality.

Louise's dress flapped in the back, I have flapping issues with clothing, but the front was wonderfully constructed and the color was fab.

The Smurf dress-has that designer never watched the show before? Seriously, smile and nod at the model and then make the dress you want to make. His tight silver pants were the only thing that saved him (haven't memorized everyone's name yet).

I agree. Models as clients always equals PAINFUL!

Once again, though; my favorite looks were relegated to "middle of the pack". I think Nicholas (the Melissa Etheridge lookalike) created a stunning look! That white and silver number was awesome. And Giordana's look was very cool with the woven section down the front. And I think Christopher's look in green with black accents was cute.

The top three really weren't doing it for me. Well, Epperson's dress was kinda cool.

I agree. It was time for Crystal to go home (I refuse to type that nonsense spelling she created for herself).

I liked Nicholas's dress the best, too; it was sleek and eyecatching and simply stunning. That girl walks into a room and *everyone's* going to look at her. The haircut and lack of ornamentation perfectly complimented it.

Giordana's going to be one of the final few, I think. Her taste is impeccable and sophisticated. The weave dress in the front was cool, but the back was just eh. She needed to do something with the weave in the back, too.

Christopher's dress just, eh, it's like a really talented designer who's never seen the ocean-oh yeah, that's Christopher. It's like his eye isn't mature enough yet. It looked like an exploding artichoke. However, it was built really well for the time he had to make it.

Epperson's dress was cool but it wasn't tailored well to the girl wearing it. When you have no ****s and chunky hips, you don't let the **** part be loose and the hip part be tight. She was actually being squeezed under her heinie (if you tivo it pause it on the part where you can see the model in profile-her butt is actually oozing over the bottom of the dress in the back :eek:) His color choices were good, though, and I REALLY loved that he misses his family so much it makes him cry. Awww! Good Daddy, good husband!

The guest judge needs to go back to E!'s Fashion Police, she was cruel just so she could be entertaining as opposed to giving critical information. "Did you like the dress?" she says to the model. "Yes, I did," the model responds. "And that's why models aren't designers," she triumphantly crows (yeah, um, except for Tom Ford and a bunch of other model-turned-designers you ignorant bulimic crow). And then, just to twist the knife a little deeper, she adds "And thank God!".

I think Heidi Klum was embarrassed to have her on the panel. When Michael Kors is dissing a dress, it's not a personal insult, it's a dissection on where the dress/styling/taste level went wrong and why it wouldn't work for a working designer or the people the designer's trying to sell to. He doesn't call you fat and stupid.

Eh, the young female designer who had the model who wanted a blue and gold jumpsuit :rolleyes: not a lot was made of the fact that she ended up with a cute little blue number with sexy xrisxross straps on the back. Good for her!

I just told DH I want a dress dummy for xmas...

Yeah I about hurt my neck watching them bounce around that much.

I'm another who was playing "follow the bouncing ****s around the runway." I was kind of glad to see her win though. Sure, there were a couple of things she could have cleaned up in the suit and the skirt but that was an ambitious undertaking! So many times in the past someone has pulled a suit out of thin air and only received a "that's nice" from the judges and they give the win to someone else (Jillian anyone?).

I did not understand the judge's celebration of Eperson's dress at all.

I hate to say it but I have to throw my vote in for Christopher..his style is unique and I have to say he's soooo cute and his presentation seems to be fluid. Not the most daring but by far the most balanced

So there's a promo for the next episode posted at People.com that says "there’s going to be a scandal involving 'the biggest lie in Runway history.'" Wow. I wonder what it is. We've already had the whole "Pattern Book Scandal" a la Keith in PR-3. I can't imagine what they could possible get away with that could be bigger than that. I mean, Keith snuck in pattern books. They're not allowed on the internet, so there's no chance of someone getting a design/pattern from there. Any thoughts?

So there's a promo for the next episode posted at People.com that says "there’s going to be a scandal involving 'the biggest lie in Runway history.'" Wow. I wonder what it is. We've already had the whole "Pattern Book Scandal" a la Keith in PR-3. I can't imagine what they could possible get away with that could be bigger than that. I mean, Keith snuck in pattern books. They're not allowed on the internet, so there's no chance of someone getting a design/pattern from there. Any thoughts?

The biggest lie in PR history?

One of the models is a MAN! :eek:

nah, probably not that.

I know!

Nicholas really IS Melissa Etheridge! :rotfl2:

The biggest lie in PR history?

One of the models is a MAN! :eek:

nah, probably not that.

I know!

Nicholas really IS Melissa Etheridge! :rotfl2:

That's IT! Thanks Rob. :thumbsup2

:laughing:

I was thinking of something bland like, "_______ designer said they apprenticed/worked for _______, but it turns out, not so much." But then I thought, "Surely they would check credentials during casting right?" I mean, they have to go through all kinds of psych tests and background checks, so it can't be that. So your idea makes MUCH more sense.

Gawd, why do they have to manufacture drama all the time? Why do shows do this?

Really, half the time I fast forward past the blah blah drama to listen to Tim Gunn's in-process critique, and then fast forward to the runway.

Lifetime better not muck it up by making it not about the clothes :rolleyes:.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/2009/09/tim-gunn-goes-after-a-dress.html

So it definitely was the Neoprene dress that Tim referred to. WOW.

"Then you see on the show that Ra'mon is dyeing the garment in the sink. That's after I made him take it out of the toilet, which he said he was using because it had a deeper basin. He was desperate to get some dye on it."

[Bold is mine]

HE WON!!!!!!!! Tim Gunn (bidding as RunwayFan007 won the craptastic neoprene green dress for $305.00. CONGRATS TIM!

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/2009/09/tim-gunn-goes-after-a-dress.html

So it definitely was the Neoprene dress that Tim referred to. WOW.

[Bold is mine]

HE WON!!!!!!!! Tim Gunn (bidding as RunwayFan007 won the craptastic neoprene green dress for $305.00. CONGRATS TIM!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love the fact that after Nina INSISTED that he win for that dress saying that she'd wear it, Tim has purchased it for her. Kind of a "put up or shut up". :lmao:

Can I just say how awesome Tim Gunn is. He's my idol!

Ra'Mon freakin dyed it in the TOILET! The TOILET. Words cannot express. Ewwwww. I hope he makes her wear it out. And I hoped she gets "fug"ged. It would serve her right.

Ra'Mon freakin dyed it in the TOILET! The TOILET. Words cannot express. Ewwwww. I hope he makes her wear it out. And I hoped she gets "fug"ged. It would serve her right.

So was that really blue dye, or was it just the TideeBowl blue? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Not sure if anyone else said this already, but did anyone notice that Jeffrey was the only contestant who won a season, while all the others were runners-up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter