Yikes! The $ rate is in freefall

would expect £ to drop next week due to the fell good factor of there election but will slide after the gloom sets in again of the debt GWB has loaded them with
Paulh
Personally I reckon that with a 8 or so point advantage in the polls that the markets have already factored in an Obama win, in which case I would think that the $ would only strengthen a little, should McCain get in then I would think the shock would weaken the $ considerably - but who knows!!

Faiffx is 1.63 at the moment hopefully it will start to increase. I agree with previous posts I believe america is set for Obama winning already so don't think much of a different will occur unless Mccain wins which im hoping would make it better for the £1.

Id rather the dollor strengthen and have Obama in than have Mccain and Palin in charge.

would be one of the few times someone with little experiance has got in,would compare him to carter.then again whoever gets in will strugale to cope with the mess they have been left with.as for those at moment going i envy you,as this is a historic time.but will the right man get in?
Paulh

I wouldnt be sure on whether the confidence would return with Obama, a man who has carefully avoided every decision that may have come back to haunt him later. We are made by our decisions not by avoiding them.

I wouldnt be sure on whether the confidence would return with Obama, a man who has carefully avoided every decision that may have come back to haunt him later. We are made by our decisions not by avoiding them.

??????????

Well, he spoke out against the invasion of Iraq, voted against it, and has now vowed to end it.

Good enough for me. Hope he wins. :thumbsup2

As well as Tax breaks for the poor. Another Democrat is needed Bush and the republicans made a mess of what Bill Clinton had done good with.

So people - What do u thinkl???

Pay my Dollar Cruise today, or wait til May when it's due?:headache:

The latest in the paper this morning is that "experts" are pedicting it may fall as low as £1.40, not due to any weakness in the pound but the current strength of the Dollar.:confused3 :headache:

Well ive bitten the bullet and paid my cruise 2day instead of May - as im already regretting not paying it all when it was still around 1.79 to the pound - i can live with 1.61 - but not any lower, i'd be kicking myself!!!:sad2:
Kx

As well as Tax breaks for the poor. Another Democrat is needed Bush and the republicans made a mess of what Bill Clinton had done good with.

Actually, both candidates want to provide tax breaks (much needed) to the middle class, not the poor.

I'll be voting on Tuesday and to be honest I'll be glad when it's over.

As for the dollar vs the pound, if I were on your side of the pond I'd go ahead and purchase vacation tickets now rather than wait, but that's just my take.

Just one thing to remember, the US definition and the UK definition of the middle class are very different.

Just one thing to remember, the US definition and the UK definition of the middle class are very different.
I too have noticed that the term is used differently in the US. It seems that the US meaning includes more of what, in the UK, would be termed the "working class". The US "middle class" seems huge, and includes a diverse array of people with very differing backgrounds and incomes.

I too have noticed that the term is used differently in the US. It seems that the US meaning includes more of what, in the UK, would be termed the "working class". The US "middle class" seems huge, and includes a diverse array of people with very differing backgrounds and incomes.

Thank you, Frances. Yes most of us definitely wouldn't say 'working class'. The 'middle class' here generally means people who aren't poor and aren't rich...the vast majority somewhere in the middle. Poor people here really don't need 'tax breaks', nor do the rich. It's us folks in the middle who always get squeezed.

Obama has a huge job in front of him, here's hoping he's up for it. Now I'm off to my polling place before the lines get too long.

I would buy/exchange now. Currency seems to follow interest rates, when you cut interest rates in the UK the dollar gets stronger. If you look at last year when the US was cutting interest rates the pound got stronger.

So with the rumoured cut being sooner rather than later I would purchase now.

Just my thoughts and I don't understand it but it seems to go this way.

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter