You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and Jgates.. Thank you for the instructions on posting a picture.. It took me a while to go thru it and get it done, but I think I have the hang of it!! Thanks.

Does it say anything on the bottom of that bowl? What is it made of - something like pyrex?

No there is no writing or symbols or anything on it at all.. It looks pretty old.. Just trying to figure out how to list it since I dont know anything about it..

Bettyann29,
Is there any way to get a closer picture? That might help some. I know that Hazel-Atlas has that teal color and it's usually a thicker milk or custard glass(or something like that). Check under pottery & glass section and click on glass and I seem to rember a show all in category and it will list all of the glassware and the different makers.
Hope that helps it can be a tough to find out who the maker is when it's not marked:confused: . Definately check under Hazel-Atlas.
Thanks,

Bettyann29,
Right after I click on pottery & Glass there is a show all pottery and glass click on that and then it will list the all of the makers. Hazel-Atlas is under the 40's,50's60's along with pyrex, anchor hocking etc and the list goes on and on... I have some unmarked dishes and I went through almost the entire list before I finally came up with hazel-atlas. I knew that mine were custard glass so that ruled out a lot of the list and I just keep woking down the list.
I hope that you can find out what they are.

Oh man..... :( I finally got enough energy to take some photos of my stuff but the descriptions just aren't coming through my foggy brain.. I'm sooooo tired..

Yesterday and today I've also been trying to do the update on my Turbo Lister and it won't go through for anything..

After being sick for two weeks I'm finding that I've actually FORGOTTEN how to do a bunch of stuff! Couldn't even remember how to get the photos from my camera to the computer..

I hope this thing goes away soon - before I forget EVERYTHING I know about eBay!:eek:

Wooooooohooooooo, tonight seems to be a great night! Lots of bidding wars going on!!!!! YEAH!
Julie

C.Ann,

I have a problem with Turo Lister each time it downloads, it gets hung up. All I do is control, alt, delete to get to the task manager, shut down Turbo Lister, then restart it. The download actually takes, but for some reason just gets hung up at the end.

Tracey in AZ

Well I gave up on doing the update on my TL - luckily it wasn't one of those mandatory ones..

I managed to get some new listings up (although my descriptions probably don't make any sense - LOL) and I did some relisiting too, so at least SOMETHING is out there..

Tomorrow I'll try to list some more after I get back from the doctors office..

Hope everyone sees GREEN tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Don't worry C. Ann - we'll remind you of everything you taught us!:p

bettyann29 - go back and edit your post - it ends now (I believe) with jpg.thumb.jpg. Remove the thumb.jpg so it just ends with the first .jpg. It will provide a larger view of the bowl so we can check it out better. (It is picking up the thumbnail). One of my Swan buddies figured that out for me today so if you go back to my post you can now see normal size photos.

My Disney book & tape sets all went except for 1 Snow White one. I was pretty happy. 3 or so people each bought more than one so I can combine my packaging!

Does anyone have a source of doll information? I have an old doll I bought at a sale (probably 1940's era) and I would like to get some info on her before I list her. I can take a photo tomorrow nite (it's just too late now) if anyone wants to help, but I can do some digging myself if you have a suggested site.

just a FYI
I listed several lots and pairs of girls summer clothes, including bathing suits last week. (the 1st week of Feb). They ALL got bids within the 1st day!! I paid the extra .10 and put theme related backdrops and wrote "THINK SUMMER". Hope this helps

That is interesting! I have lots of girls summer clothes and was thinking of listing those after Easter. Although I may start now.

Maggie

I listed some stuff that is to end on Wednesday. I listed with Turbo Lister. Are you still charged the 10 cents for the themed background when you use Turbo Lister? I was charged .36 insertion fee. I started the items at $1.99 and I used gallery during the special. So, I wasn't charged for the themed background was I? Last night I listed more stuff. I again used gallery and I paid $.60 for listing. Is this a glitch or is it free with Turbo Lister?

Ok I have been reading and I am inspired to join class now!!! I have only gotten through the first 50 pages of this thread (some great information - thanks so much for starting this thread!) and I have a question about medial mail. Can you ship old video games through media mail? How much do you charge for media mail and do you mail it in a large bubble envelope? Sorry for the questions - I have sold a few items on Ebay before, but I have always used priority mail and thought people might be more willing to bid on an item with a lower shipping cost and thought media mail might be the way to go? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer the new kid in class!!! :wave2:

I need to get going if I am going to make it back to Disney at the end of October!!! :teeth:

Originally posted by rgionet
Can you ship old video games through media mail? How much do you charge for media mail and do you mail it in a large bubble envelope?
Yes you can send Video Games via Media Mail, as well as books, CD's (both music and compter), Videos, & DVD's.

As for the charge it depends on weight. You can go to usps.com and put in the weight. You will need to find a zip code that will be a Zone 8 (from the West Coast use 10019, from East Coast use 90210, from the mid you may have to play to find one).

jgates.. Thanks that did it!! Do you see how big the pictures are now.. :p

Can anyone help?? I tried doing some research on it yesterday, but with no luck.. There is no markings at all on this bowl, so I have no clue where to start..

Madi100: Its been kind of hit and miss with the summer clothes for me.. For like 2 weeks I did really good with the summer stuff and the swimming suits I had went very fast, but this past 2 weeks they have been a little slow, its been the other stuff that has been getting me over the hump..

Just wanted to mention about the media mail.. I sent some tapes via media mail and was talking to the lady at the post office on Saturday and she told me that they can take your package in the back and look thru it.. If there is anything else in that package, including a piece of paper they will not send it. I asked her if I should then just be bringing them unsealed and she said no, but they do random looks.. Hmmm.. I guess they're allowed to do that.. Does anyone else know anything about that or had a problem?? I dont send anything media mail except books and tapes, but I do put a piece of paper in with them as a receipt..

Originally posted by bettyann29
Just wanted to mention about the media mail... told me that they can take your package in the back and look thru it..Does anyone else know anything about that or had a problem??
There are notes at my post office that says that media mail is subject to inspection by any postal employee. I have never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter