You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know with media mail that you are not supposed to include anything in the package with the item. I've heard mixed comments about including an invoice page? Is that against media mail rules? What about wrapping it with bubble wrap?

Maggie

Getting a headache looking for good prices on bubble wrap. Any good places you can recommend for a decent price?

Also got someone who sent me a personal check after my auction and email to him stated NO PERSONAL CHECKS. URGH!!!! I sent a note back saying I clearly stated no personal checks and I need alternate payment right away. Does anyone do something different?

I accept personal checks but tell them I will wait 10 days before I mail out the item to ensure the check clears. I write that in my Terms so they know that before bidding. Most people send money orders but about 10% of sales come from personal checks.

Maggie

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about adding a handling charge to your postage. I got a rude email today from someone who questioned why shipping and handling was $4.85 and not $3.85 on an item. (they must have figured out how much the item weighs, I guess). I have been charging $1.00 for handling fees because I use bubble envelopes. I prefer these envelopes to the free ones at the p.o. I feel that the s&H charges are stated clearly in my auction, and if you don't wish to pay these charges, then don't bid. I'm not hiding anything. I have expenses as well! I list my items low so a bargain is being had anyway!

But then again, I take everything very personally and feel slammed by this one person who took offense to my charges.

Ok, so should I let it go??? LOL Or is this something that really isn't right on my part.

ok I know I read somewhere in this thread (but for the life I me I can't find it again) about shipping to Japan. I listed a few auctions and I state in my auction that I only ship to the US, but someone from Japan stated he was interested in the item and asked if I would ship to him. What is involved in shipping to Japan? It is for a video game. Would you ship to him and what would I charge for shipping?? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I just wasn't sure about shipping outside the US. Thanks in advance!!:sunny:

Originally posted by marcyinPA
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about adding a handling charge to your postage. I got a rude email today from someone who questioned why shipping and handling was $4.85 and not $3.85 on an item. (they must have figured out how much the item weighs, I guess). I have been charging $1.00 for handling fees because I use bubble envelopes. I prefer these envelopes to the free ones at the p.o. I feel that the s&H charges are stated clearly in my auction, and if you don't wish to pay these charges, then don't bid. I'm not hiding anything. I have expenses as well! I list my items low so a bargain is being had anyway!

But then again, I take everything very personally and feel slammed by this one person who took offense to my charges.

Ok, so should I let it go??? LOL Or is this something that really isn't right on my part.

If this is an email from someone who actually bought something from you, I would answer it exactly as you posted here. If it's an email from a person who was just browsing your auctions, I would not answer.

Originally posted by The VWL Five
Getting a headache looking for good prices on bubble wrap. Any good places you can recommend for a decent price?

Also got someone who sent me a personal check after my auction and email to him stated NO PERSONAL CHECKS. URGH!!!! I sent a note back saying I clearly stated no personal checks and I need alternate payment right away. Does anyone do something different?

I don't know if this is the right solution or not as it has only happened to me once and I too state in my auctions that I do not accept checks, but the person who paid with a check had a high number of feedback and was 100% positive, so I just e-mailed her saying I got her check and will let her know after it clears so I can send her package. I guess if her feedback was any different I would have returned the check.

Tracey in AZ

on the ........well I don't know how to explain it but you can see it when you do a seach. It is on the outside edge of the "title" part of the description.. boy I hope that makes sense to someone.....lol

I thought I'd ok'd everything I could on Paypal for it to do everything but I must have missed something.

While I am asking has anyone taken advantage of printing postage labels from papal? How much do they charge for this service?

thanks!! Jon

Originally posted by Kajunswty
on the ........well I don't know how to explain it but you can see it when you do a seach. It is on the outside edge of the "title" part of the description.. boy I hope that makes sense to someone.....lol

I thought I'd ok'd everything I could on Paypal for it to do everything but I must have missed something.

While I am asking has anyone taken advantage of printing postage labels from papal? How much do they charge for this service?

thanks!! Jon

I think the PayPal logo after your title automatically goes in as long as you have checked off on your listing that you accept PayPal.

Tracey in AZ

I have a question....
I sent out a package 2 weeks ago.
I just got and email from the buyer saying she was upset because she never got it.
I sent it priority and I have the confirmation numbers.
I tracked it and it says it was delivered.....
now what???
She says she didn't get it and the post office says she did.
It was only a 10$ item and I have 100% pos feedback.
I have another item I can send her to replace it and to be honest the only cost is for shipping but should I????
If it was stolen she is telling the truth but where does my liable end???? When she is holding the item or when it leaves my hands???
Has this happened to anyone before?

Candy,
This hasn't happened to me (yet) but I've been doing a ton of ebay selling right now and I was just running this scenario in my head the other day.

I always offer insurance as optional, but I'd say out of the 50 or so transactions I've done since January, only 2 people have taken the insurance. My feeling is that if you are offered insurance and don't buy it, then as a buyer you are taking a risk. As a seller, you offered so what more can you do?

I tend to take things personally, and want to make everything perfect for everyone, so I guess if I had to be honest with myself, I'd probably send her the other item:rolleyes: I just had to refund money to someone who was unhappy with her USED purchase (I didn't hide any facts here) plus I refunded all of her shipping costs too. I didn't want to make anyone upset, so I did what she wanted. But how many times can you do that and still make money??

Sorry for the rambling...Ebay is fun, but it can be a bit risky!

I clearly state in my auctions that I do not take checks AND in the first email that is sent out to my buyers. But I still manage to get one here and there. I hold on to it, send an email out that says "as stated in the auction I do NOT take personal checks, our checking account is through my husbands business and I simply cannot deposit personal checks into it. I will return your check with your package, but I must receive the correct form of payment within 5 days"

Originally posted by Kajunswty

thanks!! Jon

There is also something on paypal that inserts the logo into your auctions, I believe. I know it used to be that way when I set mine up. Check into there also.

Emersonsmom,
I just took a peek at your auctions...you have some great stuff listed! (too bad I only have boys...and they are out of infant stuff!)

I'm curious, as I see most of your merchandise is NWT. Do you go around to stores and outlets and buy things clearanced and then re-sell? I've been thinking about doing just that...buying only name-brand items in all sizes and sexes, but I'm afraid of being stuck with something if it doesn't sell. Also, I don't know how much is too much to spend on an item in order to re-sell it.

I'm semi-new to Ebay and up till now have just been selling the stuff in my house. But now I'm starting to run out of things, but I'd like to continue saving for our disney trip by selling on ebay. Any advice you can give me would be great! Thanks!!

Originally posted by rgionet
ok I know I read somewhere in this thread (but for the life I me I can't find it again) about shipping to Japan. I listed a few auctions and I state in my auction that I only ship to the US, but someone from Japan stated he was interested in the item and asked if I would ship to him. What is involved in shipping to Japan? It is for a video game. Would you ship to him and what would I charge for shipping?? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I just wasn't sure about shipping outside the US. Thanks in advance!!:sunny:

Sorry - just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone had any ideas :rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by candylover
I have a question....
I sent out a package 2 weeks ago.
I just got and email from the buyer saying she was upset because she never got it.
I sent it priority and I have the confirmation numbers.
I tracked it and it says it was delivered.....
now what???
She says she didn't get it and the post office says she did.
It was only a 10$ item and I have 100% pos feedback.
I have another item I can send her to replace it and to be honest the only cost is for shipping but should I????
If it was stolen she is telling the truth but where does my liable end???? When she is holding the item or when it leaves my hands???
Has this happened to anyone before?

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't your problem. You have confirmation and it says it was delivered. It's between her and the post office. She needs to check with her neighbors to see if one of them accepted it or around the outside of her home to see if the postman put it in the bushes :rolleyes: She can also ask her local post office. (You may need to send her a copy of the delivery confirmation slip to take to the post office) She can't do a paypal charge back b/c you have delivery confirmation. If she were going to neg me, I'd take the neg and reply to it with something like "DC shows package was delivered" Just my 2 cents!
Lori

I agree with the above poster. If you have confirmation from the P.O. that it was delivered, it is no longer your responsibility. I know you will feel back if you get a neg FB, but why should you lose $ on the deal? The ball is in her court now.... she needs to get in touch with her mail carrier and find out where her package is..............P

Marcy

Thanks for peeking at my auctions! LOL I actually don't have listed half as much as I used to. Ebay has really slowed down alot since I first started selling 4 years ago. There used to be 1,000 babygap items listed and now there are 11,000! Crazy! Selling New with tag items can be risky, so always to be sure you get it for at least 70% off retail or you may end up loosing money. I usually buy at the end of season at clearence, hold on to it till the next season and then sell it. And all of a sudden it becomes hard to find and sells better. But this too can be risky as you are stuck with inventory. I used to (no lie) have about 100 boxes of inventory stored away till the next year. But I have cut down! Alot of stuff is my girls clothes that they wore only once or never at all. Yes, I buy that much for them (its a sickness..lol) You can also pick up inventory at Garage sales, Goodwill, Consignment stores...but again, make sure its cheap! good luck!!

Renee
Shipping to another country isn't much harder then shipping to US. Some of my best buyers are from other countries. They are willing to pay more for items because many times they can't get them in their country. Basically you wrap the package, take it to the postoffice to get a quote (or log on to www.usps.com and click on "get rate") Then inform them of the cost (add on a small handling fee). when you actually have to go to ship, you'll have to fill out a customs form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter