You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been selling summer items like crazy for the last 2 weeks as well. I've been using spring break catch phrases.

Actually I've noticed my sweaters and such aren't really selling well. opening price, if any. So, after this week I'm going to pack them away for the back to school sales at the end of summer.

Thanks for the information regarding the summer clothes. I have a few that I think I will list tomorrow. I've taken a break from ebay, and I'm back in the mood to sell. I've got about ten up right now - mostly for American Girl stuff. I'm pretty excited about a boy doll that I have up for auction. I watched one before I put mine up for bid, and it sold for $88!

You guys got me all excited... I'm putting up my very first auction right now!

Wish me luck!

...Or, forget luck, anyone wanna buy both Harry Potter movies? lol

Does anyone else know anything about that or had a problem??

They open them up right at the front desk, if they suspect a problem. And I've never heard of a receipt in the box, being a problem. All tapes I order from companies have reciepts inside, and some have them on the outside...although sometimes the postage marked has letter rate included.

I try to group mine into lots of 2 or 3. Pretty much similar genre. I have sold only about 10 lots of movies. But I have never not had any sell-- so I guess it works.

bettyann - I'm so proud of you!!!

Madi100 - PM me your ebay id so I can look at your stuff. I'm poor right now but I do want to look!!!

And now my grumble for the night......I have been comparing shipping costs for beanie baby lots since I now have all the photos taken. I viewed one that says ' you pay actual shipping cost - no handling fee' yet when I do a quote out of curiosity it is $10.73. Now I know the weight since I have been just photographing mine etc and the highest parcel for the next HIGHER weight group is $6.32 for Zone 8. How deceptive is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm not zone 8 from here to anywhere in the U.S.!!!! I just used that as an estimate.

Originally posted by jgates
And now my grumble for the night......I have been comparing shipping costs for beanie baby lots since I now have all the photos taken. I viewed one that says ' you pay actual shipping cost - no handling fee' yet when I do a quote out of curiosity it is $10.73. Now I know the weight since I have been just photographing mine etc and the highest parcel for the next HIGHER weight group is $6.32 for Zone 8. How deceptive is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm not zone 8 from here to anywhere in the U.S.!!!! I just used that as an estimate.

Just a thought maybe you don't pay a "handling fee" but maybe you do pay for the packaging materials (the box, tape etc)? I too "hate" when people say you pay only actual shipping costs but then you get the package and the price of postage is not the same as what you paid for shipping.

I do have to say we use a shipping calculator in our auctions. We have found that our free stamps.com scale is a few ounces off (usually 2 ) than the post office scale.

We have put extra two ounces in the calculation, so sometimes the cost is less. Beleive it or not, two ounces is a big deal!

We do have to consider boxes, packing materials, tape, printer cartridges, etc.. plus the time standing in the post office.

I add a $0.50 handling fee to all my auctions. I sell mostly clothes and ship in priority boxes so my cost for supplies is pretty minimal if any. I add the fee to cover myself for being alittle off when I go to the post office. This way I don't lose money on shipping. I also don't advertise actual shipping only.

Would you sell if you were moving soon? I have some books I'd love to get rid of before our move - but it's ( :eek: ) less than two weeks away. I'd need to mail everything by Saturday (Feb. 28), so I would require people to pay via Paypal by that Friday. A five-day listing would end Sunday, giving people five days to get the money to Paypal. (Or I could do a three-day ending Friday, which gives a week.)

(Oh, and I'm not worried about packing, since the military takes care of that!)

I am moving either this coming Saturday or the following and I have listings ending on Sunday. But I am only moving 10 miles away and the mailing address for payments isn't changing. I was suppose to move at the end of January but it got put off for unexpected reasons. I was not going to list before my move, thinking it was going to be too hard to list and pack but I finally gave in and listed.

If you choose to list, be sure to state that payment must be received by XX date.

Wow!!!

I put up my very first auction, and within 1 day, my reserve has already been met!!! I am gonna make money off of these movies, and I have a BOATLOAD left to sell!

*does the cabbage patch*

I guess I'm just a little frustrated with our post office right now and want to see if this the way other post offices work because maybe I just misunderstood when I started out selling. It's been a huge learning experience for me.

I use the USPS Shipping Assistant to print out my Delivery Confirmation labels. I thought that if your item went Media Mail the DC was free and if it went First Class it was 13 cents. I don't know how or where I got that idea because I get charged 13 cents no matter how I ship an item.

Now, sometimes they scan the DC and I can track the package. They must not be scanning all the packages because a package I sent First Class on 01/29/04 has no information for it. So now if it should come into question I can't prove to my buyer that I actually sent the item.

And, they will not let you use DC on any type of mail unless the package is a min. of 3/4 inches thick, they even get out a tape measure and check. That I totally do not understand at all.

And there are some things (CDs namely) that are cheaper going First Class than Media.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is it just Priority Mail that you can print the label for at home and it's free? Not that 13 cents is a huge deal but I had the CD all packaged, went to the post office and was told I couldn't ship it with DC because it was too thin so I had to take it back home, pad the envelope some, and now make another trip into the post office with a First Class label on the package. Now with the time, envelopes .... I'm feeling a little :crazy:

Originally posted by Belle0101
Is it just Priority Mail that you can print the label for at home and it's free?:
Yes only Priority Mail have the free DC, everything else is $0.13.

As for the tracking are you doing it through the shipping assistant or through the website? None of the items I have sent recently (the past week) are trackable through the SA, I get a non info available message, where before i was at least getting the we were notified that this would be shipping soon message. But if I go the website I can get some info.

If it is a frequent problem, talk to the Postmaster. Some of mine were showing up as 'No info - contact sender' (only longer text). I asked the PM and he said they were not entered properly in the system. And these were Priority items.

I found out why some of my DC weren't entered in. I live in a slightly larger town with one larger main post office and one smaller satellite post office. I go to the smaller one because its near my house.

Sometimes things go from the small to the big PO and get scanned there.

I finally got off my butt and listed a half dozen very small items to get myself back in the swing of things. Haven't listed since around Thanksgiving. So far four have bids (albeit opening bids) so I am hopeful.

I did a little 'test' which apparently failed, though. I had two of the same items. I wanted to find out the value of free shipping. So I listed them each with the same starting price and the same shipping price. On one I offered free shipping with buy it now. Someone bid almost immediately on that one but not the buy it now. :confused: I would have thought someone would have bid on the 'regular' one if not using the buy it now feature for free shipping. And that regular one doesn't have a bid yet so it doesn't make sense to me. Also this one has the most 'hits' of all the items and 40% more than the free ship one. (I put free shipping in the title and in the body I put free shipping with buy it now.) I guess not as many people search on 'free shipping' as I had suspected. Any ideas on this topic?

How is everyone else doing?

I ran a special "buy three and I ship for free" I included this in my auction terms AND in all the coorespondence emails I sent out. It worked pretty well. Make sure to add the "free shipping" in big enough letters and early in your auction description so they can see it. Some stop reading after a few lines..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter