You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's ok with your hubby, you can combine the two names, and bring your feedback over.

Do you have a washington mutual near you? If so "borrow" $100 from you husbands account and set up Free checking Account, with this you will get a free visa check/debit card. After you start to get paid for the items you are selling, give back the $100 to your husband. The Free Checking at Washington mutual has absolutely no fee or minimum deposits.

Good Luck.

I'm sure it's fine with my hubby, I just don't know how to do that! Ebay won't let me use "our" email address because it's already on his account.

I don't think we have a Washington Mutual here, but I know that my bank has a free checking account with a debit card. I guess I need to check into that! Thanks!:D

Okay I have another shipping to Japan question!!! I have a bidder that won two old video games. Can I ship them both in a large Global Priority envelope? That seems to be the cheapest way to ship at $9.00. Also can you do delivery confirmation on it??? Help! This is my first overseas shipment! Thanks :D

I'm back again!!! Ok so now I have the same question about shipping to Canada (see Japan post above!!!). Can I ship a video game in a Global Priority envelope to Canada???? It looks like the price of that is about $8.00. Thanks in advance if anyone is out there! Or is everyone listing like crazy on Ebay!!!! :teeth:

*sigh* I have a what-would-you-do question... I missed an insurance - totally didn't see it while packing, only caught it when I was entering the numbers this evening. Do I email the person now and tell them? Or wait until they get their package? Of course, I'll reimburse them the cost.

Oh, and as for delivery confirmation on international packages - I shipped to the UK this afternoon and was told the only way to do it with confirmation is express mail. But then, my post office isn't the best at knowing all the options!

Thanks Katerkat! Now does anyone know if it matters what I put in a Global Priority Mail envelope (well not anything, video games actually)?? :confused:

Katerkat - I guess if I were you I would email the bidder to let them know that you accidently forgot to include the insurance, but that you will be reimbursing them for the insurance cost. Hopefully they will be of the understanding type! Hey we all make mistakes! :teeth:

I really don't think it matters what you put in. When I am printing my PM labels, it just comes up with a blib afterwards that states something about hazardous materials not being allowed. I would just make sure they will be safe in there - cushion well, etc.

Thanks jgates!!! I was afraid to quote someone a shipping amount and have it actually cost much more. :eek:
I will make sure to bubble wrap my items!

Thanks again!!!!

:wave2:

I missed an insurance - totally didn't see it while packing, only caught it when I was entering the numbers this evening.

I would keep the money, since at this point, you are self insuring. If something goes wrong with the product, imo, you are obligated toreplace or refund. If they asked why no stamp saying insured on the package, I would say it's private insurance. Just my opinion.
Doris

Katerkat,
I did something similar the other day. The buyer paid for Priority mail and the post office sent it first class. I didn't realize it until I was looking at my receipt from the post office the next day. I sent the buyer an email stating that I would be crediting her paypal account for the difference. This was before she even received her package. To me, it was just the right thing to do, and I would want a seller to do the same for me if they made a similar "boo boo".

We all make mistakes, I'm sure the buyer will understand!

Marcy

It happened to me once. I went home and emailed the buyer asking her to let me know when she received the package because I needed to discuss something with her. When she received it, I told her what happened and that I was returning the money with the package.

She said not to worry about it and thanked me for being honest.

Just one person's experience.....

I have a buyer that won one of my auctions yesterday and haven't heard from them yet. I am not expecting a problem, but in the meantime, i've heard from another bidder on that item, one of the first ones, that is asking me to sell it to them if i don't hear from my winning bidder. Don't i have to offer to the next highest bid on the list? or am i allowed to offer to anyone that bid? thanks!

I'm curious to know your opinion on this...
Do you think it makes a difference as to when your auction ends? Is it better to list in the evening so it ends in the evening? Are more people looking at eBay in the evening as opposed to the middle of the day? Is it better to have something end on a weekend? Do you think you get higher bids when things end on weekends/evenings?

Just a little curiosity! :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Originally posted by marcyinPA
I'm curious to know your opinion on this...
Do you think it makes a difference as to when your auction ends? Is it better to list in the evening so it ends in the evening? Are more people looking at eBay in the evening as opposed to the middle of the day? Is it better to have something end on a weekend? Do you think you get higher bids when things end on weekends/evenings?

Just a little curiosity! :rolleyes:
Thanks!

I find that I get a better outcome if I end my auctions on Sunday evening. What about everyone else?

Tracey in AZ

For those of you that use Turbo Lister, how do you put in a subtitle to your listing? I can't figure it out! Do I have to upload the listing, then go into E-Bay and revise it?

TIA,

Tracey in AZ

Evening endings are definitely the best because so many people work and don't have time to shop during the day..

I've had mine end on all different evenings but if I HAD to choose a preference it would be Sunday, Monday, and Thursday - in that order.

If iI'm selling anything for kids..clothes, toys, etc, mid afternoon, when the babies go down for naps seem to work best for me. Everything else is better for me (personalized gift items) Sunday evening, then Friday evening.
But if I'm selling certain collectibles or something like shoes..who knows..it could sell any time!

Don't i have to offer to the next highest bid on the list? or am i allowed to offer to anyone that bid?

After you are sure the first person doesn't want it..you can sell it to whoever you wish. You just aren't suppose to write through eBay's mail. If people write me first, I'll sell them anything they want, and save fees besides! eBay wants you to sell to the next highest bidder, so they will get more fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter