You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.. So you're saying you have them pay BEFORE they actually come for pick-up - right?

I certainly try.

The Jenny Lind older cribs are not easy to sell, because they generally aren't safe, So you have to find someone to buy it, who only wants to display items. Jenny Lind beds don't often go well either. I've been watching them on eBay. We have a 3/4 Jenny Lind bed that was my husbands Great Grandmother's, with a new mattress and box springs we had made. I'd love to sell it, but have been told there is no market : (

I wonder if your "secretary" is the kind that they used to give from the "tea" man. I can't remember the name of ours..but it fetched under $100..another disappointment to me (it was Oak..and it has a special name..darn mind!) It was so cute. It had nice scrolling on the front. I wish now, that I had kept it. Best as I can remember, it had a drawer under the pull down part and a couple or three shelves underneath.

But you know..you never know what will bring the price..or who is watching the auction at that very moment you are selling.

Originally posted by DMRick
I certainly try.

The Jenny Lind older cribs are not easy to sell, because they generally aren't safe, So you have to find someone to buy it, who only wants to display items. Jenny Lind beds don't often go well either. I've been watching them on eBay. We have a 3/4 Jenny Lind bed that was my husbands Great Grandmother's, with a new mattress and box springs we had made. I'd love to sell it, but have been told there is no market : (

I wonder if your "secretary" is the kind that they used to give from the "tea" man. I can't remember the name of ours..but it fetched under $100..another disappointment to me (it was Oak..and it has a special name..darn mind!) It was so cute. It had nice scrolling on the front. I wish now, that I had kept it. Best as I can remember, it had a drawer under the pull down part and a couple or three shelves underneath.

But you know..you never know what will bring the price..or who is watching the auction at that very moment you are selling.

-----------------------------------------------

Hmm.. The Jenny Lind crib is relatively new (maybe I'm calling it by the worng name?) - probably 5 years old - so I'm not expecting much for that at all - just don't want to have to move it. The pineapple bed (3/4's) is maple, I believe.. The desk is a very dark cherry I think and has a flat piece that pulls down on the front (not that roll-up thing if you know what I mean).. There's all kinds of nooks and crannies and a drawer underneath..

Oh - just remembered that I have two very old school desks with chairs too. They're the ones with the hole for the ink well. Guess I might as well try to sell them too.

As I'm looking around I keep finding more furniture!! LOL :teeth:

OKay- just got the email..

here's a copy and paste of what it says to do..

Click on “Tools”

Then click “Options…”
Select the “Receipts” tab.

Select “Never send a read receipt”

Click on “Apply”

Click “OK”

That should take care of it.

btw, this applies to Version 6 of Outlook Express. It's the only one installed on my machine (although I don't use it).

There ya go, hope it helps someone

Originally posted by Donna
I have Outlook Express also. All you have to do is after typing your email (this is very easy to forget to do), go into TOOLS and go down to Request Read Receipt. It will put a check mark next to the words Request Read Receipt and when the person reads the email, you will get that read receipt. There is no other indication on your email that you're sending except that little check mark next to the item under tools. Technically, they could decline to send the receipt, but i've not had that happen yet.

Shame on me for being unclear. I do know how to initiate the receipt request. I wanted to learn how to set my computer so they don't come through as the person above mentioned. Thanks for responding, though, Donna.

I agree, the outlook version is sufficent because the person could just click "no" when it asks if want to show the sender you read it or something like that. This readnotify I use is totally anonoymous (bad spelling, but Im tired!) And the person receiving the email doesn't even know you are tracking it. Not to mention it tells you how long they read it, how many times they opened it, and where they live

:earseek: OMG :earseek: I hope that is just the town and not their real address. Do tell!

C.Ann It seems like maybe you should contact a local antiques place for that table and desk prior to the Ebay route. There are places that will come through your house and buy up what interests them and you don't even have to leave your home. Maybe also check into some places that do estate buying/selling?

Hmm.. The Jenny Lind crib is relatively new (maybe I'm calling it by the worng name?)

Ok, I misunderstood..I thought you meant an original Jenny Lind. My daughter has a newer one from Babyland. I think I would also give the Want Ad Digest a thought. You don't pay unless you sell. If you are willing to do the selling work, you will get much more than a dealer or antique person will give you. If you decide to try that route, and need a name of a local person from Ballston Spa(I'm told very honest)..let me know.

I wish I could remember the name of those desks..although I've not seen one in cherry, so that might really boost the price.

Has anyone tried out Ebay's newest plaything? The Print Shipping label? Is it like the USPS shipping Assistant? I just got my printer working, and was gonna try the USPS version, but am wondering about Ebay's version. Sandy

I followed the links when I first saw the option. It's the same as going to USPS.com and printing priority or express labels. No other options are available online. :(

Ok, you guys just about have me talked into trying ebay!!!!

I gotta tell you though, I'm really nervous about it.

I've been following this thread for several days now. I keep meaning to start from the beginning and read through the whole thing. I'm sure there are lots of good tips.

Can someone tell me if there's a beginners instruction manual buried somewhere in these pages! And maybe approximately what page it's on? Also, I don't have a digital camera, will that make a big difference?

Lil Princess - actually we don't have a 2 page summary yet. I was going to start working on it a few weeks ago, but I haven't yet started. I have a feeling we will be forced to a new thread soon, so we better come up with some type of summary for all this info.

I guess I would highly suggest the digital camera. I would look for a used one or keep watching sales. I know somewhere had one for $59 a few weeks ago that would have been ok for eBay. I have an old HP 1.2 Photosmart I should put up on eBay for that purpose. A nice photo can make or break your auction. Increased and higher sales with a nice photo can pay back that camera in no time.

I have also received a ton of positive feedback lately so that negative is now over a month old and finally buried. I emailed a 2nd time asking for an explanation since the auctions they rated that night were all neg'd. They said the glasses had been sodered poorly. Now I am not an eyeglass expert but I do NOT remember seeing this! I'm still trying to figure out if APO might have opened it and had to repair if they broke it. They also said the glasses were 'dirty'. OK, fine, if I intend to sit and polish a 70 year old item, I will say that it looks nice and shiny. They told me to quit obsessing and threatened to report me for harrassing them. (Excuse me - all I did was ask politely why there was a negative left with no contact to me). I responded that it was a shame they felt that way and if they had just contacted me I would have been more than happy to refund their $$$ and maybe they should consider that the next time.

I was wondering what method you all used to create sellers account. I am having a difficult time getting the debit card to work correctly with my P.O. box, too many things have to line up just right (address, etc). Could you all help with pros and cons of Verisign versus using debit/cc card to create sellers account?
Thanks!

Originally posted by iNTeNSeBLue98
I followed the links when I first saw the option. It's the same as going to USPS.com and printing priority or express labels. No other options are available online. :(

We did the same thing.. no big difference. Although I do seem to remember that other options were "coming soon".

I have a question for all you e-bay experts. I asked it on the discussion boards there, but got no replies.

Every time I go to sign on to 'my e-bay' I get a new addy with a partner ID in my browser and I am re-directed through ad farm. I have a pop up blocker, so I'm not getting annoying pop ups - but I really don't like the idea. Is there any way to stop getting re-routed?

Well, I'm all pumped up to try selling on Ebay. I've been buying for quite a while - just little things here and there, mostly clothes for my daughter and two boys. I went through DD's closet and dresser yesterday and found some really nice things that she has outgrown. I've taken pictures of them with my digital camera (just need to get DH to show me how to upload them!)

I need to set up a seller's account, my problem is that I don't have a credit card. Hubby has a debit card, though, but it's only in his name (through his company's credit union). Should I set up a seller's account in HIS name? I'd really hate to do that and lose all my positive feeback :( He has a buyer's account, but has only bought 1 item. And advice would be greatly appreciated!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter