You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get to my personal photos but not to my auction...I have never had this problem. I had planned on listing some items this morning :(

I have to share with you my WONDERFUL sale. I purchased an Our Generation Doll for my daughter about a year or so ago. They are similar to the American Girl Dolls. I bought a boy doll named Jack. He is no longer available and no no else that I've seen makes a boy doll. My daughter just never plays with it, never has. So, I thought it'd be great to get my money back out of it. I paid $10 for it. It sold for $102.50!!! Holy Cow! The last one I saw sell went for $87. Yippee!!

Now for my question in this. My friend has two of these dolls that she would like to sell. So, I thought I'd save myself a little time and email a couple of the people who were in the running for the auction and offer them another doll at the same price that the one doll sold for. I emailed them through ebay. So, they got an email that says "this email is coming through ebay's forwarding system. If this person is trying to sell you something, please don't respond and contact ebay immediately". So, at the end of the offer, I told them I'd make them a second chance offer. However, it'd be great if I didn't. Is it going against ebay rules if the buyer agrees for me just to send them an invoice through paypal?

Has anyone had a problem with their February invoice? I get mine on the 15th of the month, and on Feb. 13 I switched the credit card it's charged on to my Paypal debit. Since then, I haven't gotten my invoice! Should I go through and pay it regular, or wait for it to go to card? (My invoice dates say Jan. 15th was the date of the last invoice still.)

Thanks for the info Eversonsmom!!! I will check the rate and email the requestor!! This board is the best!!!

:teeth:

katerkat I just thought I would let you know that I just got mine today. I normally get it on the 15th as well.

My auctions are doing pretty well this week. All but 2 have bids and only 2 of the ones that have bids are only opening bids!! But I listed them beginning with what I would be happy to accept, so I am happy.:bounce:

Thanks so much for this thread! I love doing eBay for Disney money!

I hope everyone does well today if they have auctions closing tonight. Lets see green! :bounce:

Maggie

Hello Everyone.

First I want to say I am not really new to the board I have been lurking for about 2 years now. I am new to posting.
Also, My husband, daughter and I will be going for the first time to Disney World June 13. We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn and got the Silver Dreammaker Package. Can't Wait.

I have read every page of this post and it inspired me to start selling on Ebay the end of December. So far I have 33 feedback all 100% positive and have made over $500.

My problem and question is, my ebay listing fees are running me about $40-$60 each month. Is everyone elses like this?
I have so much stuff to list but can't because my fees keep adding up no matter how much I pay on it.

Yup, everyones Percentage for fees are about the same. Mine are about 200-300 a month, eeeks! The more you sell, the more you pay ebay. The more an item sells for, the more you pay ebay.

Originally posted by sandy3550
katerkat I just thought I would let you know that I just got mine today. I normally get it on the 15th as well.

Yeah, I finally got it today (but dated the 17th)! I guess they knew I was looking for it!

Originally posted by sylver2
Hello Everyone.

First I want to say I am not really new to the board I have been lurking for about 2 years now. I am new to posting.
Also, My husband, daughter and I will be going for the first time to Disney World June 13. We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn and got the Silver Dreammaker Package. Can't Wait.

I have read every page of this post and it inspired me to start selling on Ebay the end of December. So far I have 33 feedback all 100% positive and have made over $500.

My problem and question is, my ebay listing fees are running me about $40-$60 each month. Is everyone elses like this?
I have so much stuff to list but can't because my fees keep adding up no matter how much I pay on it.

Mine aren't nearly that high. But I only list about 10 items per time. I list once per week (either Thursday or Sunday). I also don't do any "fancy things". I just do the plain listing. Once in awhile I have done 2 pictures (e.g. dress with matching jacket, dress without jacket.) but I minimize the # of times I do that. I only do gallery pictures if it is the 1cent days - although I did do gallery pictures with my girls Christmas dresses.

I am not sure if this affects my sales??? I would maybe start doing some more fancy things, but I don't think it would increase sales. Most of my stuff is outgrown clothes, etc so none of it sells for very much.

Maggie

Some of your auctions end March 10th!! I thought 10 days was the longest listing

If the items are store items, and not auctions, they will show for longer.

hehe..there are never stupid questions!

I have an ebay "store". This allows you to list items in a "store" like setting for as many as 120 days. Ebay has a free 30 day trial for stores and I just starting trying it out as I have alot of low priced items I want to get rid of. I went crazy buying hats over the years with nothing to match them, so I listed them cheap to get rid of them. To list an item in your store only costs .02 and .01 for the gallery feature (as opposed to the .35 it cost for an auction and the .35 gallery feature). These items are priced as a set priced as opposed to the "auction like feature". But the downfall is that you have to promote it by also having items up for auction as store items don't show up in the ebay search but they do pull up when someone clicks "view sellers other auctions"

I have a special now for my buyers that I add to their winning emails that says "add any item from my store and I'll ship it at no extra charge". This is a way for me to get the items looked at AND a way for them to get a great price on something as most are priced to sell.

Don't I wish..mine run wayyyy more LOL!

It just depends on what you list. Unfortunately, it costs money to make money, and that should be considered your cost of doing business. Just think if you listed each of these items in the newspaper, what the cost would have been.

Is it going against ebay rules if the buyer agrees for me just to send them an invoice through paypal?

I think you would have been better off to offer a second chance, or to have "grabbed" their email addy's when the auction was still running. Doing it through eBay's mail is against their terms of service.
I sell off eBay all the time, if someone gets ahold of me. However, I don't use eBay's mail system, because I know eBay checks the email sent through their system sometimes, and if that doesn't catch me, then the other person reporting me for spam prob would!

I just wanted tho thank all who helped with my "I never got the package" problem.

I did want to take just a moment to share......:chat:

When you read "Ebay your way to Disney" and you ?? if it can be done...:confused:

OH YEAH BABY:bounce: ::yes:: :Pinkbounc

For Christmas this year I gave my family of 5 a 10 day trip to Disney this Spring.

When I say "I" that is because I am a stay at home MOM:crazy:
Gifts are usually given by me and DH.. (you know how that goes)
My DH was shocked!!! :faint:

I didn't sell anything high priced...or unusual. Out grown clothes, some never worn... things like that. I also saved all my change in the bottom of my pocketbook :yo-yo: pirate:
We will be staying at PC and I was able to pay for Air, Hotel and after my auctions this week 7 day passes.:tongue:
Just wanted to let those who might wonder "can you do it"
YES YOU CAN:teeth:

Originally posted by maggiew
Mine aren't nearly that high. But I only list about 10 items per time. I list once per week (either Thursday or Sunday). I also don't do any "fancy things". I just do the plain listing. Once in awhile I have done 2 pictures (e.g. dress with matching jacket, dress without jacket.) but I minimize the # of times I do that. I only do gallery pictures if it is the 1cent days - although I did do gallery pictures with my girls Christmas dresses.

I am not sure if this affects my sales??? I would maybe start doing some more fancy things, but I don't think it would increase sales. Most of my stuff is outgrown clothes, etc so none of it sells for very much.

I do the same thing. (Except I'm trying to list a couple more days a week.) I've sold 42% of the stuff I've listed, which I don't think is a bad ratio for the first three months! I use colors and whatnot to make the auction look a bit more professional without spending on eBay add-ons.

I feel much better that its not just me getting high listing fees.
I definately am going to cut back.
I usually do all the fancy stuff, bolds, more than one picture, subtitles, buy it nows and the listing in 2 categories.
The two category listing has helped but that double fee is killing me.
Then I found I would be so impatient and list for only 3 days and would wind up relisting again for 3 days and again till someone bought it. That has to stop. 5 days seem the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter