You light ‘em, they fight ‘em! A GCV/Disneyland Resort December 2014 PTR- we're out!

Let's chat lady! And you can book now...interested in renting me some points for a night or two in July if my nights open up? I have July 8 but want the 6th and 7th too. :hyper: Again, I am SO mad at myself.

What are you thinking pre-cruise? Parks for a day?​

What did you want? A studio? There's absolutely no availability. We should have talked about this when you were down! :headache:

October isn't too bad at all, it's the second cheapest time. 65 for weekends, 52 for weekdays, 182 total for three nights. I have enough points. I just saw Alison's post. I don't know if that changes your thoughts. Let me know :)

I could always make the reservation now and see if Pam can get one in March.

Alison, are you thinking of the park for a day pre-cruise?

I'm pretty sure that Fran will nix that, we'll be lucky to get packed and on the road on the 18th!

What did you want? A studio? There's absolutely no availability. We should have talked about this when you were down! :headache:

I could always make the reservation now and see if Pam can get one in March.

I'm pretty sure that Fran will nix that, we'll be lucky to get packed and on the road on the 18th!

:goodvibes We should have. It didn't occur to me that we left on the 7th month mark. I am kicking myself. Hard!

That's a good idea. :thumbsup2 As long as it won't do anything to your points. Let me start a group email/text with all of us. Might be easier that way.

I really am kicking myself for getting myself in the points mess. What I need is an add on. :sad: :sad:

I say if you have them, lets use yours. There is no sense in you paying anything OOP. :thumbsup2 I can chat with her about July points if a villa opens up. Think about how much you'd like in cash and we'll chat about that offline. :goodvibes

Will do, we have plenty of time to figure out the particulars.

:goodvibes We should have. It didn't occur to me that we left on the 7th month mark. I am kicking myself. Hard!

That's a good idea. :thumbsup2 As long as it won't do anything to your points. Let me start a group email/text with all of us. Might be easier that way.

I really am kicking myself for getting myself in the points mess. What I need is an add on. :sad: :sad:

What's done is done, no need to beat yourself up. It's not the end of the world. We'll figure it out :)

Add-ons are fun things to think about :hyper:

Will do, we have plenty of time to figure out the particulars.

What's done is done, no need to beat yourself up. It's not the end of the world. We'll figure it out :)

Add-ons are fun things to think about :hyper:

pixiedust: Yay us! This is going to be so fun!

For sure not the end of the world but the irony of having less than no points and an AP is pathetic. :blush: LOL!

Anything fun planned this weekend? Still silly cold. Trying to find the courage to go grocery shopping. Joshua has an indoor soccer game tonight.

pixiedust: Yay us! This is going to be so fun!

For sure not the end of the world but the irony of having less than no points and an AP is pathetic. :blush: LOL!

Anything fun planned this weekend? Still silly cold. Trying to find the courage to go grocery shopping. Joshua has an indoor soccer game tonight.

I'm excited!!!

How was Josh's game? Indoor sounds quite good with the temps you've been talking about.

I worked yesterday but I have today off. And then in Tuesday I escape to Florida for a few days. :hyper:

I totally understand your frustration about no points with an AP. In hindsight, if you hadn't borrowed what would you have done? And you didn't know you'd be getting APs until last minute.

I'm excited!!!

How was Josh's game? Indoor sounds quite good with the temps you've been talking about.

I worked yesterday but I have today off. And then in Tuesday I escape to Florida for a few days. :hyper:

I totally understand your frustration about no points with an AP. In hindsight, if you hadn't borrowed what would you have done? And you didn't know you'd be getting APs until last minute.

His game was fun! They call it futsal because they use this smaller,heavier, more dense ball. They won 8-0. :cool1:

You go to Florida Tuesday? WDW? Am I behind? Lucky you!!! :goodvibes

UGH, I am so sorry to hear about the point mess. I feel your pain. We just booked our Aulani flights last week and I adjusted our reservation to match our plans which are 1 night in Waikiki and 5 at Aulani. I let the boys help pick the resort for Waikiki. Then they both started begging for one more night there and one less at Aulani.

Evan goes..."but then you'll get some points back so it will SAVE".

Yeah, not. Those are borrowed points bud, they'd be put into a UY I do not have another trip planned for.

Not to mention that another hotel night would actually be real $$.

We are literally taking our 2015 UY "off" from DVC travel, which like you is really calendar 2016 due to the Dec UY. I have to let my points recover!

Was there a different point choice you could have made though with what you used? Or did you just use up points you wish you hadn't? Occasionally folks have had luck with getting things reallocated. YAY for Pam and Alison :goodvibes

UGH, I am so sorry to hear about the point mess. I feel your pain. We just booked our Aulani flights last week and I adjusted our reservation to match our plans which are 1 night in Waikiki and 5 at Aulani. I let the boys help pick the resort for Waikiki. Then they both started begging for one more night there and one less at Aulani.

Evan goes..."but then you'll get some points back so it will SAVE".

Yeah, not. Those are borrowed points bud, they'd be put into a UY I do not have another trip planned for.

Not to mention that another hotel night would actually be real $$.

We are literally taking our 2015 UY "off" from DVC travel, which like you is really calendar 2016 due to the Dec UY. I have to let my points recover!

Was there a different point choice you could have made though with what you used? Or did you just use up points you wish you hadn't? Occasionally folks have had luck with getting things reallocated. YAY for Pam and Alison :goodvibes

I'm not sure I could have done it any other way. I just didn't realize I couldn't keep borrowing for trips this year. :blush:

Yay for booking Aulani! pixiedust: I just got an offer saying APs get 30% off per night. That's the only way we'll be going anytime soon. :sad: What did you book? So you've got 5 at Aulani and one in Waikiki and they want 4/2? When is your trip? Did you face flight fees when you changed?

I need to let mine recover too. Sadly. I need an add on in the worst way. And ::yes:: thank goodness for Pam and Alison! Can't wait to cruise with them too. :cheer2: Its going to be a party.

Any Disneyland plans this year? I'd love to meet up. We've got, tentatively March 30-April 3, July 7&8, maybe more but staying offsite. Right now I only have July 8th booked at the GCV. October 16 and 17 pre-cruise, and then we'll do early December before the APs expire. We're going to milk every last mile out of them.​

I need to let mine recover too. Sadly. I need an add on in the worst way. And ::yes:: thank goodness for Pam and Alison! Can't wait to cruise with them too. :cheer2: Its going to be a party.​

I can't wait for this one too! As I was writing up my last day yesterday, I was thinking about how it might play out. With all three kids, would you and Michael do any of the Mixology or Tequila or other tastings? I can't see Fran and I in bathing suits lounging at the pool, but if you all were there we would probably stop by and grab a slice or a drink. I need to get you my reservation number so that we can be linked for dinner. That will make it so much fun! We're usually by ourselves.

Any Disneyland plans this year? I'd love to meet up. We've got, tentatively March 30-April 3, July 7&8, maybe more but staying offsite. Right now I only have July 8th booked at the GCV. October 16 and 17 pre-cruise, and then we'll do early December before the APs expire. We're going to milk every last mile out of them.​

So I made your Waitlist for July, but what nights are you wanting the VGC for in October? I think you said three nights, the 15th through the 18th? I'll book that as soon as you confirm.

I actually contacted David's Vacation Rentals last night to rent two of our five contracts. We only have one trip to WDW this year, that used up my VWL contract. My birthday is eating up all the VGC points, so I have SSR and BCV points that I won't be using until calendar year 2016.

I took 2014 off to catch up on my points. I need more points too! I saw an article that said that DVC is jacking up the price for existing resorts and they are expecting the Poly to go even higher. Too bad I can't afford another resale contract right now.

I'm so sad that I didn't book that cruise with you guys!!!!! Ugh. :(

Jill in CO

I can't wait for this one too! As I was writing up my last day yesterday, I was thinking about how it might play out. With all three kids, would you and Michael do any of the Mixology or Tequila or other tastings? I can't see Fran and I in bathing suits lounging at the pool, but if you all were there we would probably stop by and grab a slice or a drink. I need to get you my reservation number so that we can be linked for dinner. That will make it so much fun! We're usually by ourselves.

::yes:: We do need to link. :thumbsup2 I think we'll do a Mixology. Joshua will be great with his sisters there. I am sure we'll spend lots of time on the deck too.​

So I made your Waitlist for July, but what nights are you wanting the VGC for in October? I think you said three nights, the 15th through the 18th? I'll book that as soon as you confirm.

:goodvibes Thank you!!!! I think those are the dates; 3 nights. :banana:

I actually contacted David's Vacation Rentals last night to rent two of our five contracts. We only have one trip to WDW this year, that used up my VWL contract. My birthday is eating up all the VGC points, so I have SSR and BCV points that I won't be using until calendar year 2016.

Speaking of your bday, I need the details girl! :hyper:

I took 2014 off to catch up on my points. I need more points too! I saw an article that said that DVC is jacking up the price for existing resorts and they are expecting the Poly to go even higher. Too bad I can't afford another resale contract right now.

I'm so sad that I didn't book that cruise with you guys!!!!! Ugh. :(

Jill in CO

I bet the Poly will cost so much. :faint:

I'm sad too.......:hug: Would have been perfect!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter