You light ‘em, they fight ‘em! A GCV/Disneyland Resort December 2014 PTR- we're out!

I love the Embassy Suites chain too. My friend is allowing me to use her friends and family discount for the DoubleTree which makes it less expensive, even with parking, than the ES but you're right, ES are beautiful properties and I love their free hot breakfast. They also do a free cocktail/happy hour. :thumbsup2

So no ART? Parking is $17 a day at the DLR and I'll already be paying $15 at the DoubleTree. Parking is a scam. ;)

Have you stayed at the BWPPI? I have seen it many times and it's so close. I have a thing about low ceilings though and BW's always seem to have low ceilings. :blush: I know it sounds so silly.

We will have our car as we'll be coming from Vegas for soccer. That's a good idea to look for a shuttle service. The DoubleTree's site says shuttle service but someone mentioned that was discontinued and they know use ART. :(

It helps so much, thank you!!! :goodvibes And I agree about Splash. :woohoo:

I see. That makes sense to have a friend use their discount. ES are very nice places to stay and your right about the hot free breakfast and the happy hour which is nice as well.

You can still use the ART but I have terrible experience with the ART where it took 30 minutes to wait for the ART to pick us up from our hotel and from the loading zone at the DLR. There is also the stops on the way which can take some time. On average on a route for the ART buses to stop at the different hotels are at least 3+. Parking is expensive at the DLR as well as other hotels that are charging. This is where having the Premium AP would come in handy for those kind of situations unless you are willing to add $159 for your DAP. I would say that it isn't worth it to buy the parking for the DAP which it makes sense to put it into the Premium AP. No kidding that parking is a scam especially for the big hotels like Marriott, Hilton, etc.

I have stayed at BWPPI a lot. But I haven't stayed their lately since the hotel fees are higher than BW Anaheim Inn which is a few buildings down from BWPPI. BWPPI is the closest hotel to the DLR which isn't a non-Disney hotel. The ceilings at the BW hotels are not that high and sometimes they can be noisy with the other guests but I mostly use those hotels as my place to stay since they are close to the DLR and I have a BW Rewards membership which I did save on hotel rooms.

That should be fun to go to Vegas for the soccer tournament and than drive down to SoCal. It makes sense to find a hotel that has it's own shuttle service. The other hotels around the DLR that I know that have a shuttle service without ART is Candy Cane Inn, Sheraton Anaheim Inn, ES South, & Wyndham Hotel Anaheim.

Your welcome.

Even with the AP they charge for parking?

The only AP that will let you get free parking is the Premium & Premier AP. The other AP from the SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe don't come with it. You can get the parking with those AP by paying $159 more to add the parking. This is only for the Theme Park parking at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, Pumbaa Parking Lot and Toy Story Parking Lot. This does not include the DTD parking or hotel parking.

Yes because I only got the Deluxe. But I'd have to visit 17 more days and pay for parking to break even so I opted out. In my planning brain I see about 14 visits but some may be on property which won't cost me parking. Even if we stay offsite in March, we'll have ART.​

That is terrible! Can you imagine how much they make on parking alone?

Is ART a bus system?

That is terrible! Can you imagine how much they make on parking alone?

Is ART a bus system?

The DLR makes a lot in parking from the theme park parking structure & lot, DTD parking and the hotel parking. Not only with regular cars but also buses, motor homes, and vehicles with trailers.

ART is Anaheim Regional Transportation. Here is there website: http://rideart.org/ It is a bus system that is mostly used for the non-Disney hotel guests to get to the DLR.

Ugh Bret, bummer about the poor ART service. We used it in 2009 when we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and it felt like the system at WDW to me. It was;t perfect or even great but it was good enough and way better than parking and walking. Hmm.....lots to think about for sure.

Thanks for the link too. :thumbsup2

Yeah Pam, they make a small fortune on parking. Its been ages since we have stayed offsite but I can't use points on a trip until Dec 1 2015. :faint: I am borrowed to the hilt and then some. I booked one night in a studio for July and if I can get October, I'll dump July and use it for that. Not sure how to work out the rest but I am mulling over options.​

Ugh Bret, bummer about the poor ART service. We used it in 2009 when we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and it felt like the system at WDW to me. It was;t perfect or even great but it was good enough and way better than parking and walking. Hmm.....lots to think about for sure.

The ART system does feel like the bus system at WDW. It is not perfect and there can be times where it would take a while for the bus to arrive. I would rather drive since I am staying off-site and save time. But parking the car and getting to the front entrance at the parks do take time as well.

Your welcome.

The DLR makes a lot in parking from the theme park parking structure & lot, DTD parking and the hotel parking. Not only with regular cars but also buses, motor homes, and vehicles with trailers.

ART is Anaheim Regional Transportation. Here is there website: http://rideart.org/ It is a bus system that is mostly used for the non-Disney hotel guests to get to the DLR.

Thank you Bret :)

Yeah Pam, they make a small fortune on parking. Its been ages since we have stayed offsite but I can't use points on a trip until Dec 1 2015. :faint: I am borrowed to the hilt and then some. I booked one night in a studio for July and if I can get October, I'll dump July and use it for that. Not sure how to work out the rest but I am mulling over options.​

I can't imagine how much they make on parking!

Let me know what the options are if you need help mulling :)

Thanks again for that link Bret. ART looks like a good system but I imagine it can be a long drive with all the hotels on the route.

The ART system does feel like the bus system at WDW. It is not perfect and there can be times where it would take a while for the bus to arrive. I would rather drive since I am staying off-site and save time. But parking the car and getting to the front entrance at the parks do take time as well.

Your welcome.

Happy New year Bret! pixiedust:

I can't imagine how much they make on parking!

Let me know what the options are if you need help mulling :)

The options are that we can either stay off property or we can try for the GCV with your points and I'll give you cash. :rotfl2: In a nutshell. I think I my spill the beans for Gabby's 18th or Michael's 49th. I can't decide but I do know it has to have a gift attached to it. ;)

And Happy New Year!!!!! party:

pixiedust: Happy 2015 friend. I hope it finds us both more peace at work. :hug:

The options are that we can either stay off property or we can try for the GCV with your points and I'll give you cash. :rotfl2: In a nutshell. I think I my spill the beans for Gabby's 18th or Michael's 49th. I can't decide but I do know it has to have a gift attached to it. ;)

How many days and what kind of room? Were we thinking a 2BR? I'll check and see if I have enough.

Ooohhh, who's birthday is first? M didn't ask what October trip you were talking about the other day he was reading over your shoulder?

pixiedust: Happy 2015 friend. I hope it finds us both more peace at work. :hug:

Major ditto on this! :hug:

How many days and what kind of room? Were we thinking a 2BR? I'll check and see if I have enough.

Ooohhh, who's birthday is first? M didn't ask what October trip you were talking about the other day he was reading over your shoulder?

Major ditto on this! :hug:

He knows better than to ask questions. :rotfl2: :rotfl: It only leads to things he doesn't want to know about. LOL!!!! His bday is after but it seems like the perfect 49th bday gift!!!!! Maybe too extravagent for an 18th. He loves Mexico and wants to cruise so it just makes sense.

Yeah, a 2 bedroom. When we just went with our friends, they paid $10 a point for the Studio side but mull over what you think is best-we can work it out offline. If we leave for the cruise 10/18, I'd think we'd want two full days in the parks right? One at each park? More? The 18th is a Sunday. If we want to fly into OC or LGB, we can pick you up and of course drive all together to SD and then you can fly out of SD. Wonder if A&F are thinking of park time first but of course they're local. Gabby will also be living there by then but she'll have a tiny place I'm sure. Maybe arrive 15th? Parks the 16/17? The weekend points at the GCV are SO $$$. We can also always do offsite like at an Embassy Suites or something and use my friend's discount. It'll cost a lot less but the GCV is UNREAL! We have a little time to figure it out but not much. :hyper: The good news is our APs are good for every day in October. :woohoo:

Where I messed up was borrowing too far out and not realizing I couldn't borrow more unless the trip fell after Dec 1, 2015 as my UY is December. :blush: I don't mind borrowing at all but when I called the other day thats what MS told me. I messed up BIG time. :sad1: We'll work it out and if we have to stay off property, it'll still be amazing! :grouphug:

He knows better than to ask questions. :rotfl2: :rotfl: It only leads to things he doesn't want to know about. LOL!!!! His bday is after but it seems like the perfect 49th bday gift!!!!! Maybe too extravagent for an 18th. He loves Mexico and wants to cruise so it just makes sense.

Yeah, a 2 bedroom. When we just went with our friends, they paid $10 a point for the Studio side but mull over what you think is best-we can work it out offline. If we leave for the cruise 10/18, I'd think we'd want two full days in the parks right? One at each park? More? The 18th is a Sunday. If we want to fly into OC or LGB, we can pick you up and of course drive all together to SD and then you can fly out of SD. Wonder if A&F are thinking of park time first but of course they're local. Gabby will also be living there by then but she'll have a tiny place I'm sure. Maybe arrive 15th? Parks the 16/17? The weekend points at the GCV are SO $$$. We can also always do offsite like at an Embassy Suites or something and use my friend's discount. It'll cost a lot less but the GCV is UNREAL! We have a little time to figure it out but not much. :hyper: The good news is our APs are good for every day in October. :woohoo:

Where I messed up was borrowing too far out and not realizing I couldn't borrow more unless the trip fell after Dec 1, 2015 as my UY is December. :blush: I don't mind borrowing at all but when I called the other day thats what MS told me. I messed up BIG time. :sad1: We'll work it out and if we have to stay off property, it'll still be amazing! :grouphug:

Oh yes, the borrowing and use year confusion. I know it well.

If I'm still at this job by October I've taken off from the 14th onward. How far is the Embassy Suites? I loved being on property so much. You're right, the GCV are fabulous. Im going to go look at the points charts.

I'm late to the discussion, but I have points at the VGC.... No plans to use all of them next UY :rolleyes1

Thanks again for that link Bret. ART looks like a good system but I imagine it can be a long drive with all the hotels on the route.

Your welcome Pam. ART is a nice system but I had terrible experience with it in the past. I might try it again one day but I mostly depend on the hotels that are walking distance from the DLR.

How far is the Embassy Suites?

The ES that Jenny is talking about is Embassy Suites Anaheim South. It is south on Harbor Blvd and the distance is about a mile from the DLR.

Happy New Year everyone.

Oh yes, the borrowing and use year confusion. I know it well.

If I'm still at this job by October I've taken off from the 14th onward. How far is the Embassy Suites? I loved being on property so much. You're right, the GCV are fabulous. Im going to go look at the points charts.

I am SO mad at myself especially because we have APs now. :sad: We can't stay there in March either. Or July. I booked one night with the 26 I had left to borrow which was dumb but now it;'s done and I did it by borrowing so I can't cancel. :headache: Total user error.

Let me know what you find out. I am scared to look.​

I'm late to the discussion, but I have points at the VGC.... No plans to use all of them next UY :rolleyes1

Let's chat lady! And you can book now...interested in renting me some points for a night or two in July if my nights open up? I have July 8 but want the 6th and 7th too. :hyper: Again, I am SO mad at myself.

What are you thinking pre-cruise? Parks for a day?

Your welcome Pam. ART is a nice system but I had terrible experience with it in the past. I might try it again one day but I mostly depend on the hotels that are walking distance from the DLR.

The ES that Jenny is talking about is Embassy Suites Anaheim South. It is south on Harbor Blvd and the distance is about a mile from the DLR.

Happy New Year everyone.

::yes:: You're correct the ES South. Love the free breakfast and evening cocktail/app hours. :thumbsup2

October isn't too bad at all, it's the second cheapest time. 65 for weekends, 52 for weekdays, 182 total for three nights. I have enough points. I just saw Alison's post. I don't know if that changes your thoughts. Let me know :)

Happy New Year everyone.

I'd be very cautious too if I had a terrible experience with them. Terrible experiences should have no place on vacations.

October isn't too bad at all, it's the second cheapest time. 65 for weekends, 52 for weekdays, 182 total for three nights. I have enough points. I just saw Alison's post. I don't know if that changes your thoughts. Let me know :)

I say if you have them, lets use yours. There is no sense in you paying anything OOP. :thumbsup2 I can chat with her about July points if a villa opens up. Think about how much you'd like in cash and we'll chat about that offline. :goodvibes

Alison, are you thinking of the park for a day pre-cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter