You light ‘em, they fight ‘em! A GCV/Disneyland Resort December 2014 PTR- we're out!

I'll get with Pam and we'll finish the cruise crazies. I'd love to do a report for this last trip too but not sure that I can commit with me still being the only fulltime therapist. :rolleyes1

How's the hiring going?!!? You need some relief in the new year!!!!

Jill in CO

Yay for APs indeed. Michael is standing over my shoulder as I type but I am thinking March/April for Spring Break as we'll be in vegas already for soccer, July as we'll be in San Diego July 9 for the girls' One Direction concert, October for you-know-what and then early December again before they run out.​

I hope it's more April than March, we are planning to go to my parents towards the end of March, probably on the 25th and we'll stay for 4-5 days. PIO is considering a Mad Dash with her husband on a business trip so I'm hoping that it coincides with her trip if it comes to fruition.

I hope it's more April than March, we are planning to go to my parents towards the end of March, probably on the 25th and we'll stay for 4-5 days. PIO is considering a Mad Dash with her husband on a business trip so I'm hoping that it coincides with her trip if it comes to fruition.

Ooh, keep me posted on dates if PIO can come...would love to meet her in 3D.

Jill in CO

Yes, please keep them in mind plus with Gabby moving to So Cal, I am sure I'll be out a few more times during the year. She may be moving out there in August.......Have you seen the amount of ride closures during the first half of the year?​

It will be nice to meet you in person one day. I bet that Gabby will enjoy moving to SoCal and you get to see her as well.

I been checking on the rides and shows that are closed from January to May and there is a lot of attractions and shows that will be closed during that time. Some of the rides will get new enhancement like AiW this year when it was open in late June. The one that I will miss the most is Remember Dreams Come True fireworks. There is no question that I am looking forward to seeing what the fireworks will be like for DL 60th anniversary. It is sad to see something go away and hope that the new firework show will be good. Will it be better than RDCT, we will wait and see during the summertime. I was blown away with RDCT when it debut during DL 50th anniversary and have enjoyed watching it since 2005. It also has been a while since I have seen "Fantasy in the Sky" which will be playing from January till we get to May. So it would be nice to see an old firework show that I haven't seen for quite some time.

Jill in CO

::yes:: Me too!

We have hired one who begins training beginning of January. My scheulde should mellow some by February. :crazy2:

It will be nice to meet you in person one day. I bet that Gabby will enjoy moving to SoCal and you get to see her as well.

Her being there will motivate us to move back faster that's for sure. :hyper: And I agree, it'd be fun to meet meet one day. :)

I been checking on the rides and shows that are closed from January to May and there is a lot of attractions and shows that will be closed during that time. Some of the rides will get new enhancement like AiW this year when it was open in late June. The one that I will miss the most is Remember Dreams Come True fireworks. There is no question that I am looking forward to seeing what the fireworks will be like for DL 60th anniversary. It is sad to see something go away and hope that the new firework show will be good. Will it be better than RDCT, we will wait and see during the summertime. I was blown away with RDCT when it debut during DL 50th anniversary and have enjoyed watching it since 2005. It also has been a while since I have seen "Fantasy in the Sky" which will be playing from January till we get to May. So it would be nice to see an old firework show that I haven't seen for quite some time.

Fantasy in the Sky is my favorite! pixiedust: I didn't know it'll be playing in March/April. That's great news. I am not elated over the amount of closures but totally understand it too. That'll be the only trip with tons of closures I hope.​

It's March for sure. March 29-April 3 to be exact. We may stay in the area until the 4-5 but we're hitting So Cal after Joshua's Vegas tournament which is during Spring Break. His tourney is March 27-29 and then we'll drive straight to So Cal from there. Hope we don't miss you. The GCV are booked so I am looking at off site hotel. :faint: Gasp! It's horrible! :blush: :rotfl:

Her being there will motivate us to move back faster that's for sure. :hyper: And I agree, it'd be fun to meet meet one day. :)

Fantasy in the Sky is my favorite! pixiedust: I didn't know it'll be playing in March/April. That's great news. I am not elated over the amount of closures but totally understand it too. That'll be the only trip with tons of closures I hope.

It's March for sure. March 29-April 3 to be exact. We may stay in the area until the 4-5 but we're hitting So Cal after Joshua's Vegas tournament which is during Spring Break. His tourney is March 27-29 and then we'll drive straight to So Cal from there. Hope we don't miss you. The GCV are booked so I am looking at off site hotel. :faint: Gasp! It's horrible! :blush: :rotfl:

That motivation will get you back and forward to see her. I can completely understand.

Since DL is working on the new system for the 60th anniversary fireworks, it does make sense to bring back Fantasy In The Sky back. I looked on the DL website and looked on January 10th and it shows "Fantasy In the Sky" as for the fireworks playing that night. So it will be likely that Fantasy In The Sky will be playing during your trip during Spring Break. I always try to avoid going during the off-season months since a lot of the rides are closed for refurbished. Hopefully there won't be too many rides closed during that time.

Sounds like you will have a busy Spring Break. I saw your post on the DL thread that you are looking at the Double Tree by Hilton. If you need help, I can help you with the hotels that you are looking at.

Jill in CO

It depends on DH's work. We would head to San Francisco. No DLR for me on that trip.

I won't know for sure until mid Feb. It's looking like the end of March for DH right now. Anything is possible.

It depends on DH's work. We would head to San Francisco. No DLR for me on that trip.

I won't know for sure until mid Feb. It's looking like the end of March for DH right now. Anything is possible.

Ugh, end of March is already booked for me. I'm going back to KC for a concert and to see my niece and nephew on Spring Break.

Jill in CO

That motivation will get you back and forward to see her. I can completely understand.

Since DL is working on the new system for the 60th anniversary fireworks, it does make sense to bring back Fantasy In The Sky back. I looked on the DL website and looked on January 10th and it shows "Fantasy In the Sky" as for the fireworks playing that night. So it will be likely that Fantasy In The Sky will be playing during your trip during Spring Break. I always try to avoid going during the off-season months since a lot of the rides are closed for refurbished. Hopefully there won't be too many rides closed during that time.

Sounds like you will have a busy Spring Break. I saw your post on the DL thread that you are looking at the Double Tree by Hilton. If you need help, I can help you with the hotels that you are looking at.

I would love help on the hotel. ::yes:: I am looking at the DoubleTree. The thought of not staying at the GCV has me all in knots but I had no idea 7 months ago that we would have APs. Any suggestions other than the DoubleTree?

It looks like Splash should open up on our second to last day so that's good. :thumbsup2

Ugh, end of March is already booked for me. I'm going back to KC for a concert and to see my niece and nephew on Spring Break.

Jill in CO

Enjoy!

I don't even know if this trip is going to happen or not.

We really need to figure this out ladies! Wouldn't be a hoot if we could ALL get together?! :grouphug:

I haven't been in over 20 years...It's on my short list for a long weekend trip.

Jill in CO

I haven't been in almost that long. Michael and Joshua went two years ago for a Raiders game with M's dad. My girls have never been. It's such a GREAT town.

We really need to figure this out ladies! Wouldn't be a hoot if we could ALL get together?! :grouphug:

That would be awesome if we could figure out a time! (I'm willing to go to SF!)

Jill in CO

With enough notice I could swing SF. M loves SF. :thumbsup2

A group DisMeet in San Francisco would be fantastic!

I just wish I could confirm a date; but DH's work schedule does change right up until he books his ticket. :( And then I have to work out if it fits my work schedule. :( :(
I'll let you know the minute we know.

A group DisMeet in San Francisco would be fantastic!

I just wish I could confirm a date; but DH's work schedule does change right up until he books his ticket. :( And then I have to work out if it fits my work schedule. :( :(
I'll let you know the minute we know.

No pressure. I know all too well the hassle of a DH with a crazy work schedule. :goodvibes

I would love help on the hotel. ::yes:: I am looking at the DoubleTree. The thought of not staying at the GCV has me all in knots but I had no idea 7 months ago that we would have APs. Any suggestions other than the DoubleTree?

It looks like Splash should open up on our second to last day so that's good. :thumbsup2

I looked at the DoubleTree prices during your visit and they are quite high just for a night. I can understand why you want to stay at the DoubleTree or any of the Hilton HHonors places. The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South is a very nice place to stay where you have the free shuttle and full breakfast. I always enjoy the inside at any of the Embassy Suites that I stay. The good thing about the Embassy Suites is there rooms which you can get your 5-6 people in the room. I don't know what other Hilton HHonors hotels that has shuttle service from the hotel to the DLR but I would not take the ART since you have to pay for multi day ART tickets and it will take time to get to the DLR since it stops at other places on the route.

I would mostly stay at a hotel that is walking distance from the DLR. I have learned over time that staying close with good walking distance is a must for me with the time and the break from the parks. I don't know about you and your family of how long do you want to walk from your hotel to the parks. But any hotel that is less than 10 minute walking distance is good. I don't depend on the ART buses since they can do take some time to pick you up and drop you off at ART stop. The hotel that I would stay is Best Western Park Place Inn since it is right next to the crosswalk on Harbor and is the closest non-Disney hotel to the DLR. BWPPI has a 2 Queen Bed room which also has a sofabed which can fit 6 people in one room. It also has continental breakfast which is nice as well.

If you are planning on driving to other places in SoCal during your trip, I would look for a hotel that has a shuttle service (only for hotel guests not ART) to the DLR. It does make sense to stay just a little away from the DLR since you can save more money on the hotel location where it is expensive when close to the DLR. Since you have the DAP, parking at the parking lot at the DLR can be quite expensive and time from getting to the parking lot to the turnstiles.

Hope this helps.

That is good news to hear that Splash should be open during your trip.

I looked at the DoubleTree prices during your visit and they are quite high just for a night. I can understand why you want to stay at the DoubleTree or any of the Hilton HHonors places. The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South is a very nice place to stay where you have the free shuttle and full breakfast. I always enjoy the inside at any of the Embassy Suites that I stay. The good thing about the Embassy Suites is there rooms which you can get your 5-6 people in the room. I don't know what other Hilton HHonors hotels that has shuttle service from the hotel to the DLR but I would not take the ART since you have to pay for multi day ART tickets and it will take time to get to the DLR since it stops at other places on the route.

I love the Embassy Suites chain too. My friend is allowing me to use her friends and family discount for the DoubleTree which makes it less expensive, even with parking, than the ES but you're right, ES are beautiful properties and I love their free hot breakfast. They also do a free cocktail/happy hour. :thumbsup2

So no ART? Parking is $17 a day at the DLR and I'll already be paying $15 at the DoubleTree. Parking is a scam. ;)

I would mostly stay at a hotel that is walking distance from the DLR. I have learned over time that staying close with good walking distance is a must for me with the time and the break from the parks. I don't know about you and your family of how long do you want to walk from your hotel to the parks. But any hotel that is less than 10 minute walking distance is good. I don't depend on the ART buses since they can do take some time to pick you up and drop you off at ART stop. The hotel that I would stay is Best Western Park Place Inn since it is right next to the crosswalk on Harbor and is the closest non-Disney hotel to the DLR. BWPPI has a 2 Queen Bed room which also has a sofabed which can fit 6 people in one room. It also has continental breakfast which is nice as well.

Have you stayed at the BWPPI? I have seen it many times and it's so close. I have a thing about low ceilings though and BW's always seem to have low ceilings. :blush: I know it sounds so silly.​

If you are planning on driving to other places in SoCal during your trip, I would look for a hotel that has a shuttle service (only for hotel guests not ART) to the DLR. It does make sense to stay just a little away from the DLR since you can save more money on the hotel location where it is expensive when close to the DLR. Since you have the DAP, parking at the parking lot at the DLR can be quite expensive and time from getting to the parking lot to the turnstiles.

We will have our car as we'll be coming from Vegas for soccer. That's a good idea to look for a shuttle service. The DoubleTree's site says shuttle service but someone mentioned that was discontinued and they know use ART. :(

Hope this helps.

That is good news to hear that Splash should be open during your trip.

It helps so much, thank you!!! :goodvibes And I agree about Splash. :woohoo:

Even with the AP they charge for parking?

Yes because I only got the Deluxe. But I'd have to visit 17 more days and pay for parking to break even so I opted out. In my planning brain I see about 14 visits but some may be on property which won't cost me parking. Even if we stay offsite in March, we'll have ART.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter