You light ‘em, they fight ‘em! A GCV/Disneyland Resort December 2014 PTR- we're out!

Different how? How did the food turn out?

Michael can grill easy! :thumbsup2 You're so cute. Can you believe I'm all unpacked and laundry done from Vegas and started packing again? :hyper: :upsidedow :scared:

Looks like you're getting some rain. Rain rain rain before I get there.

Hope you had a safe flight. :goodvibes

Well lets see, :scratchin

First off there was a ton of unrestrained testosterone. My Dad is usually a pretty quiet guy, but my BIL and niece's BF were tossing around football insults all day.

I was not allowed to cook a thing. They relished in keeping me completely in the dark. Finally I pryed the menu out of my sister. They didnt start cooking anything other than the turkey until maybe a couple hours before dinner, so it didnt "feel" like thanksgiving. Then I heard my BIL say that the thermometer "pegged" when he stuck it in the turkey. I assume that meant it was overdone.

They also don't like a lot of foods. Mushrooms and tomatoes are forbidden in their house. My BIL said he would make an exemption when I arrived with a couple trays of caprese skewers that I made in my hotel room.

My BIL made only enough gravy to fill a small gravy boat so no leftover gravy.

Then when dinner was served the kids table was the couch and the "big kids" whined that they should be allowed to sit in front of the game.

My nephews have been raised by electronic babysitters so they have no social skills. The older one has asbergers and all he wants to do is sit in front of a computer and play video games.

Nothing was horrible, it was just different than my normal thanksgiving.

If Michael doesn't mind grilling, I'll have everything ready for him. I make great tasting burger patties, stuffed with cheese!

I am so sick of the rain! After Seattle I wanted my sunny so cal. Haven't seen it yet. We're floating away!

Good idea on the PAP. :thumbsup2 Not sure it's in the budget sadly but we'll see. The perks are so good thouhg. Right now I get the 10% DVC discount.​

The PAP is nice to have and a good idea to have one person in your party with it (unless you are going during the blockout dates). I noticed when I renewed my PAP in June that there was a bigger discount than from previous years. When the PAP was at $699 (during the price increase in May this year) and I paid to renew my PAP, I was only charged $629 which I saved $70 which is great where it was only $20 in the past.

I hope your appointment went as well as it could have. That's not the most pleasant way to start your day :(

That's for sure! The tech was great though, explaining what she saw although she can't really give a dx eitherwise. I have like every risk factor: family hx of breast cancer and I am a Jew. I need to go yearly but I have been a slacker. :blush:

I hav to renew by June, it expires in May. Saves about $100 and makes the total $539 for a PAP. I think a premier is $800 plus. So depending on how much the DL ticket will cost I'll figure out which is best. I just don't know if the next year I have to get a premier again or can go back to a PAP.

Are there many days blocked at WDW with their APs? That's good you have a while to decide. :thumbsup2

That is my least favorite day of the year! :rotfl2: Hope all went well.

And I saw those toes and they look super cute.

Have an awesome vacation and a safe trip!

Thanks girl, love painted toes! That shellac is the best thing ever invested....next to tampons. :rotfl2: Better stop or we'll scare Bret off.​

Well lets see, :scratchin

First off there was a ton of unrestrained testosterone. My Dad is usually a pretty quiet guy, but my BIL and niece's BF were tossing around football insults all day.

:scared: Like funny insults or personal, half true insuslts?​

I was not allowed to cook a thing. They relished in keeping me completely in the dark. Finally I pryed the menu out of my sister. They didnt start cooking anything other than the turkey until maybe a couple hours before dinner, so it didnt "feel" like thanksgiving. Then I heard my BIL say that the thermometer "pegged" when he stuck it in the turkey. I assume that meant it was overdone.

This blows my mind! Have they never seen/tasted the meat you cook to perfection? Was the turkey dry? And I agree, the cooking needs to start, at minimum, the day before so the house smells wonderful for days.​

They also don't like a lot of foods. Mushrooms and tomatoes are forbidden in their house. My BIL said he would make an exemption when I arrived with a couple trays of caprese skewers that I made in my hotel room.

He would make an exception? How big of him. :rolleyes:

My BIL made only enough gravy to fill a small gravy boat so no leftover gravy.

:faint: Not enough gravy is a huge pet peeve of mine. I always tell Michael that when he is making gravy to make what he thinks is enough and then to please DOUBLE it. :rotfl2: Poor guy. But he does. You have to have gravy for leftovers.​

Then when dinner was served the kids table was the couch and the "big kids" whined that they should be allowed to sit in front of the game.

:rotfl2:

My nephews have been raised by electronic babysitters so they have no social skills. The older one has asbergers and all he wants to do is sit in front of a computer and play video games.

That's tough. So tough. :goodvibes Hard to relate on a few levels.​

Nothing was horrible, it was just different than my normal thanksgiving.

I hear ya! I like the traditions that come with Thanksgiving too. As a kid I was always having to run all over between crazy parents and their dynamics so I am steadfast about spending Thanksgiving in my own home. Everyone is welcome but I truly like it at home best off. That's why we celebrated on the Wednesday before. I just have to have all that yumminess.​

If Michael doesn't mind grilling, I'll have everything ready for him. I make great tasting burger patties, stuffed with cheese!

He doesn't mind at all! He's more than happy to do it. Suff ours but maybe not the kids. They like them medium rare but the cheese on, not in. Me and Michael though LOVE the cheese inside. :cloud9: Please let me know if we can bring anything like a side or dessert. :flower3: I am sooooooo excited!​

I am so sick of the rain! After Seattle I wanted my sunny so cal. Haven't seen it yet. We're floating away!

I can't imagine. All my So Cal FB friends are crying. ;) I am just happy it's happneing before I arrive. :laughing:

The PAP is nice to have and a good idea to have one person in your party with it (unless you are going during the blockout dates). I noticed when I renewed my PAP in June that there was a bigger discount than from previous years. When the PAP was at $699 (during the price increase in May this year) and I paid to renew my PAP, I was only charged $629 which I saved $70 which is great where it was only $20 in the past.

That's a GREAT discount. Maybe it's just $20 off the Deluxe? Wonder if it was a renewal discount?​

That's for sure! The tech was great though, explaining what she saw although she can't really give a dx eitherwise. I have like every risk factor: family hx of breast cancer and I am a Jew. I need to go yearly but I have been a slacker. :blush:

I'm glad you went then! A couple years ago I had heard they were making a machine that you didn't have to get squished in. I wonder if that ever came to pass.

Are there many days blocked at WDW with their APs? That's good you have a while to decide. :thumbsup2

No black out dates except for FL resident passes. And I can always just renew and then upgrade in CA in October, $500 is much more palatable than $800 all at once.

I'm glad you went then! A couple years ago I had heard they were making a machine that you didn't have to get squished in. I wonder if that ever came to pass.

I don't think so because mine was a high tech squisher! :rotfl2:

No black out dates except for FL resident passes. And I can always just renew and then upgrade in CA in October, $500 is much more palatable than $800 all at once.

I agree. Breaking it out is so nice. CA residents can break into monthly payments even!

I really need to start packing more than bathing suits but it looks like I won't have a chance until tomorrow night. :faint: What have I become??? :rotfl:

:scared: Like funny insults or personal, half true insuslts?​

At this point I don't remember. I finally just tuned them out, it was just annoying.

This blows my mind! Have they never seen/tasted the meat you cook to perfection? Was the turkey dry? And I agree, the cooking needs to start, at minimum, the day before so the house smells wonderful for days.​

My guess is that they think I try to take over at family gatherings and they wanted to show off that they knew what they were doing. I'm not sure if the turkey was dry, I covered it with gravy (what little there was). They literally spent the time before we ate running around the kitchen making the sides. I guess sitting around enjoying guests while the sides you made the day before heat isn't on their radar.

He would make an exception? How big of him. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. That's exactly how he phrased it.

:faint: Not enough gravy is a huge pet peeve of mine. I always tell Michael that when he is making gravy to make what he thinks is enough and then to please DOUBLE it. :rotfl2: Poor guy. But he does. You have to have gravy for leftovers.​

Fran is our gravy maker, she makes a ton of it. We end up throwing away gravy in the end, but I'd much rather do that than not have any for the stuffing the next day.

That's tough. So tough. :goodvibes Hard to relate on a few levels.

I hear ya! I like the traditions that come with Thanksgiving too. As a kid I was always having to run all over between crazy parents and their dynamics so I am steadfast about spending Thanksgiving in my own home. Everyone is welcome but I truly like it at home best off. That's why we celebrated on the Wednesday before. I just have to have all that yumminess.​

I just feel bad for their kids. Both are total social misfits. I don't see how they will find soul mates without a lot of learning processes.

We didn't have a lot of traditions at Thanksgiving growing up, in fact, I'm not sure we ever had turkey with my parents. I developed a taste for stuffing later in life. Fran and I make it a point to have our own Thanksgiving traditions when we are in charge. There aren't many, but a good Turkey is a must as is stuffing, mashed potatoes, lots of gravy, and she enjoys the sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. Pie for dessert is also a definite must.

I'm making us a Thanksgiving dinner next week after you guys leave and I'll do everything the way that I want it, not how we ate it last week.

He doesn't mind at all! He's more than happy to do it. Suff ours but maybe not the kids. They like them medium rare but the cheese on, not in. Me and Michael though LOVE the cheese inside. :cloud9: Please let me know if we can bring anything like a side or dessert. :flower3: I am sooooooo excited!​

They won't notice the cheese in, but we'll definitely have Cheese on as well. I got that at Costco yesterday. I'm all about the cheese! If you want to bring some Chips and Salsa that would work. I'm going to make a yummy dessert, the potato salad and cole slaw, that way I won't feel bad that I'm not cooking the burgers. I'll assemble those before you get there.

I can't imagine. All my So Cal FB friends are crying. ;) I am just happy it's happneing before I arrive. :laughing:

I haven't seen rain like this in years! It went on and on and on for two days. I know for some places that's nothing, but for here it was EPIC. We have been in such a drought, it's been crazy, I forgot what it was like to have rain and found it to be a real pain when we were in Seattle! :rotfl:

They are talking about another front coming in. I sure hope it waits until after your trip!

That's a GREAT discount. Maybe it's just $20 off the Deluxe? Wonder if it was a renewal discount?​

I was shocked and happy that Disney finally increased the renewal rates for returning AP holders. For all the money we are spending to renew the AP's, Disney finally had a great renewal price. My DA renewed her DAP during our trip last month and she told me that her renewal price was more than $20.

My guess is that they think I try to take over at family gatherings and they wanted to show off that they knew what they were doing. I'm not sure if the turkey was dry, I covered it with gravy (what little there was). They literally spent the time before we ate running around the kitchen making the sides. I guess sitting around enjoying guests while the sides you made the day before heat isn't on their radar.

Yeah, I agree, looks like the enjoying their guests part is lost in translation.​

Fran is our gravy maker, she makes a ton of it. We end up throwing away gravy in the end, but I'd much rather do that than not have any for the stuffing the next day.

I read this to Michael last night and he was crackng up. I am such a gravy person too.​

I just feel bad for their kids. Both are total social misfits. I don't see how they will find soul mates without a lot of learning processes.

Thats tough for sure. Their teen years and young adult may be very rough. :sad1:

We didn't have a lot of traditions at Thanksgiving growing up, in fact, I'm not sure we ever had turkey with my parents. I developed a taste for stuffing later in life. Fran and I make it a point to have our own Thanksgiving traditions when we are in charge. There aren't many, but a good Turkey is a must as is stuffing, mashed potatoes, lots of gravy, and she enjoys the sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. Pie for dessert is also a definite must.

Ours sound similar. They are certain foods that we must have. Michael use to stress over some fabulopus green side dish, asparagus or what have you, and this year I told him it's good but not a must. Taters, stuffing, fresh yams; those are musts!​

I'm making us a Thanksgiving dinner next week after you guys leave and I'll do everything the way that I want it, not how we ate it last week.

Perfect and you won't have to share the gravy. ;)

They won't notice the cheese in, but we'll definitely have Cheese on as well. I got that at Costco yesterday. I'm all about the cheese! If you want to bring some Chips and Salsa that would work. I'm going to make a yummy dessert, the potato salad and cole slaw, that way I won't feel bad that I'm not cooking the burgers. I'll assemble those before you get there.

I text you last night. They all think the cheese sounds amazing inside so my bad. :blush: Do you or Fran drink beer? We could pick up a nice beer to go with the burgers? Chips and salsa it is. :thumbsup2

I haven't seen rain like this in years! It went on and on and on for two days. I know for some places that's nothing, but for here it was EPIC. We have been in such a drought, it's been crazy, I forgot what it was like to have rain and found it to be a real pain when we were in Seattle! :rotfl:

They are talking about another front coming in. I sure hope it waits until after your trip!

I don't think it's going to wait. It looks like rain Thursday and Friday next week. :faint: Looks like I'll be packing ponchos. I don't mind Disney in the rain just not a downpour.​

I was shocked and happy that Disney finally increased the renewal rates for returning AP holders. For all the money we are spending to renew the AP's, Disney finally had a great renewal price. My DA renewed her DAP during our trip last month and she told me that her renewal price was more than $20.

Oh sweet! That's good to hear. Have you used a GoPro before? Michael bought one yesterday and he's trying to figure it out. Just wondering if you have, if you have any tips to share? You take the most fabulous pics!​

Oh sweet! That's good to hear. Have you used a GoPro before? Michael bought one yesterday and he's trying to figure it out. Just wondering if you have, if you have any tips to share? You take the most fabulous pics!​

I do have a GoPro. I have the GoPro 3+ Black. The GoPro's are great for getting action videos when going on rides and you can also use it to get selfie videos and pictures. They are also great when walking around the park and to be able to get videos and pictures of all different sorts. The GoPro's are great during the day while they don't get you great pictures or video at night. I tried that before with the rides and the nighttime shows where it can be blurry (if you want great video/picture quality that would be through with the DSLR and HD camcorders). The functions on the GoPro are very simple with the video/picture mode. You can go with wide angle or narrow shots on the settings. You also get a hardcase along with the GoPro is good since it won't get wet but the sound quality is bad unless you buy a case less body for the GoPro so it would have better sound. Since you have a smartphone, you can download the GoPro App and you will be able to use it as a remote control so he won't have to touch the GoPro when using it. I have a remote control as well as the app.

For the equipment, I would get a pole for the GoPro. I would recommend a pole that can hold a GoPro and a cell phone which I use. It is versatile to use a GoPro with a pole and change it to hold your phone. When I go to the parks and see the guests with the GoPro's, they have the poles and hand grips. I also use a headstrap for my GoPro since I can take pictures with my DSLR in my hands while my GoPro is on my head while recording.

Here is the link on amazon on the pole that I bought. Mudder 39" 3-Way Telescopic Handheld Monopod Self-portrait Pole Events/ Sports/ Selfie Stick Extender + Upgraded Smartphone Holder Mount, for Most Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, GoPro HD Hero 3+ 3 2 SJ4000 Sports Camera, Sony HDR-AS15 HDR-AS30V HDR-AS100V Action Cam, iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 S2, Note 3 2, LG, Motorola, HTC, Sony, Nokia and More

Here is an example with a pole with my iPhone when I was riding Autopia and got a picture of PiO and DH in October.

Here is the one with the strap on my head which you can see.

Thank you Jenny. Hope this information helps you and Michael to use the GoPro.

Wow! It's already tomorrow! Have a safe drive!

Oh and please dont bring beer on Tuesday. We have beer and ale coming out our ears, plus every other kind of alcoholic beverage! Please drink some of what we have!

Thank you Bret! :thumbsup2 We didn't know there was an app that we could use as a remote. That's awesome! I shared the links with Michael. :goodvibes We'll bring our nice camera too. It came with a waterproof case. I can't believe how small the GoPro camera is.​

Safe travels tomorrow :) and have a magnificent trip!!!!!

Thank you my friend. :hug: I am soon excited and hardly packed. I'm washing all the bed sheets right now. :rotfl2:

Wow! It's already tomorrow! Have a safe drive!

Oh and please dont bring beer on Tuesday. We have beer and ale coming out our ears, plus every other kind of alcoholic beverage! Please drink some of what we have!

:thanks: And you know where to find me if you change your mind or need anything. So excited to see you!​

Have a fantastic trip!

Jill in zcO

Thanks Jill! :yay: Skies are looking great on our travel days.

So who wants to here a funny/ironic story? You know how we are staying with my dear girlfriend? Well......we'll be at her house but she won't. :rotfl: Her boyfriend wants to go on some Santa Harely ride and really wants her to go so while we won't see her until Monday night and early Tuesday morning, we'll have her house to ourselves. :upsidedow I'd be lying if I said I am a little disappointed but I also totally understand. We chatted a long time about it and I told her to go. If it were just me coming to visit her then she wouldn't have gone. Crazy huh? I think we're more like sisters.

I think it'll be a late night. Our plan is to be through Starbucks, fueled up, and on the road by 10 am. M will be off the FD at 8 am if all goes well.​

Thank you Bret! :thumbsup2 We didn't know there was an app that we could use as a remote. That's awesome! I shared the links with Michael. :goodvibes We'll bring our nice camera too. It came with a waterproof case. I can't believe how small the GoPro camera is.

Your welcome. You can download the app on the app store and you also got to connect the GoPro to your wifi on your GoPro. It is small and portable which is great. That's why I like to use it when on the rides and have my DSLR in my hands.

Hope you have a great trip.

I probably missed your farewell. Been having internet connectivity issues here.

In any case, safe travels! Catch you at the other end.

I probably missed your farewell. Been having internet connectivity issues here.

In any case, safe travels! Catch you at the other end.

:rotfl: We haven't left yet, you're right on time. :goodvibes Kids still sleeping, Michael will be home in about an hour, but we are all over packed. I pride myself on not overpacking but I am starting to think that I've got a fixed delusion because you should see, and you will, the amount of crap I've packed. :lmao: :blush:

Your welcome. You can download the app on the app store and you also got to connect the GoPro to your wifi on your GoPro. It is small and portable which is great. That's why I like to use it when on the rides and have my DSLR in my hands.

Hope you have a great trip.

:thumbsup2 Michael downloaded the app. Hope he bought that cool head strap, if not we can pick one up when we get there.

I like having a few days before the park to get acclimated and be able to pick up anything we need.

Ok friends, I'm signing off for now. It's an 11 hour car ride so I am sure I'll be back. :rotfl2:

It's vacation day!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Too funny about your friend, but you get a free place to stay which is nice.

Well, with overpacking at least you are driving. :) Have a fun drive!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter