You light ‘em, they fight ‘em! A GCV/Disneyland Resort December 2014 PTR- we're out!

Nothing, nothing, nothign and then wham! But I am glad to have more solid plans.​

Did you have to drop any meals you were hoping on? I read all the changes but didn't cross reference things. Plans are good :)

I am so excited. I was loving the idea of staying at the beach too but I'd rather have that time with her. The beach is only 15 minutes away so its no real struggle to get there.​

15 minutes is a piece of cake! How magnificent would it be to live 15 minutes from the beach :cloud9:

::yes:: No hoppers. I have strict instructions from the fellas, NO hoppers. Joshua is adamant that we waste a lot of time. He said 90 minutes each time hopping so that x 5 is 450 minutes of precious vacation time. I love my little math nerd. :lovestruc

That is certainly a lot of wasted vacation time!

Did you buy lots?​

I could have bought more but I managed to contain myself to only gifts. So many things for myself I wanted! Next year I'll make sure to have more to spend.

Florida as in move to Florida? :beach: Hoping that can happen for you! No snow!!!! Toxic is no good my friend, I am so sorry. :(

Yes, I've been wanting to move to Florida for the last couple years but it just wasn't good timing. Next year I'm hoping it can happen. I'm planning on it, it really just comes down to financing and leaving this job. Toxic is definitely no good, more and more I'm finding myself angry and unhappy.

if you want to text me a progress photo, I'm game. :flower3:

I will definitely make sure to take one on vacation :rolleyes1

I've lost track of how much I've lost because the scale at work is different than the scale at the doctors office. (I don't have a scale at home) I have an appointment on 12/2 so I'll finally know in a couple weeks.

He did great at camp. I'm not worried about his behavior but I don;t want him to be sad. But as the days go on and my stress increases, the more I am sure not going is the right decision. I just can't do it all.​

It's good to know your limitations. You definitely don't want to burn yourself out. I'm sorry your work is so stressful right now :( :hug:

Did you have to drop any meals you were hoping on? I read all the changes but didn't cross reference things. Plans are good :)

I did but nothing I can't live without. I made most of them just in case. I have a feeling this year will be more crowded than ever. The reviews of the early decorations are really solid.​

15 minutes is a piece of cake! How magnificent would it be to live 15 minutes from the beach :cloud9:

It was amazing and I cannot wait to be there again. Even after 21 years, I am in shock I live in Utah. :rotfl2:

That is certainly a lot of wasted vacation time!

Chloe is in on it too and it surprises me but the more I think about it, the more I realize not hopping does lend itself to a more relaxing vacation. With two full days in DCA, we'll finally get to see Aladdin again. Its been years.​

I could have bought more but I managed to contain myself to only gifts. So many things for myself I wanted! Next year I'll make sure to have more to spend.

I feel ya! I always say that. It enver happens. ;)

Yes, I've been wanting to move to Florida for the last couple years but it just wasn't good timing. Next year I'm hoping it can happen. I'm planning on it, it really just comes down to financing and leaving this job. Toxic is definitely no good, more and more I'm finding myself angry and unhappy.

You need to get out of that situation my friend. You are far too wonderful of a person to have to deal with that on a daily basis. :goodvibes

I will definitely make sure to take one on vacation :rolleyes1

I've lost track of how much I've lost because the scale at work is different than the scale at the doctors office. (I don't have a scale at home) I have an appointment on 12/2 so I'll finally know in a couple weeks.

I bet your clothes are looser. That's a great barometer. But I am a numbers gal too.​

It's good to know your limitations. You definitely don't want to burn yourself out. I'm sorry your work is so stressful right now :( :hug:

Thank you. :hug: They keep trying to low staff me to and I won't take the bait. I know everyone has an agenda and mine is to not end up my own patient. :upsidedow

Your trip is almost here and I am getting excited for you.

You have a great planned itinerary for your upcoming trip. Don't forget to go on the holiday rides during your trip. What are your plans on watching both WoC and BIHM fireworks during those night?

I will look forward to hear about your F! grab and go meal with the new FP system running during your trip.

Your trip is almost here and I am getting excited for you.

You have a great planned itinerary for your upcoming trip. Don't forget to go on the holiday rides during your trip. What are your plans on watching both WoC and BIHM fireworks during those night?

I will look forward to hear about your F! grab and go meal with the new FP system running during your trip.

Hi :wave: I am getting so excited!

Our plan, which is always So Cal weather dependent is to watch WoC with FP on our first night Wed. We are planning on BIHM for Thursday night. I like to plan them early on in case of weather cancelations.

F! is on the last so we'll cross our fingers. I am VERY curious to see how the Grab and Go works too. I have read various things about the viewing areas so we'll see. The food sounds good though and fairly priced.​

Hi :wave: I am getting so excited!

Our plan, which is always So Cal weather dependent is to watch WoC with FP on our first night Wed. We are planning on BIHM for Thursday night. I like to plan them early on in case of weather cancelations.

F! is on the last so we'll cross our fingers. I am VERY curious to see how the Grab and Go works too. I have read various things about the viewing areas so we'll see. The food sounds good though and fairly priced.​

That is good to hear.

I meant to say what places are you planning on watching both WoC Winter Dreams and BIHM fireworks? Like in the blue section or yellow section at what area. A front spot in front of SB Winter Castle, IASW Plaza, etc. That is a very smart idea to watch BIHM as early as possible that the fireworks can be cancelled during a windy night. Luckily during my trip last weekend, it wasn't that windy until the day I left which I have read that BIHM was cancelled due to the windy weather. F! and WoC Winter Dreams should be no problem unless it rains like crazy for F!. WoC Winter Dreams will still play during a rainy day or windy day.

it will be very interesting to hear and read where the different packages and FP viewing areas are located for F!.

So much chit chat going on here its hard to keep up! You're going to have a blast and will have a ton of steam to blow off!

I'm just trying to make it through to leave on our trip to Seattle!

That is good to hear.

I meant to say what places are you planning on watching both WoC Winter Dreams and BIHM fireworks? Like in the blue section or yellow section at what area. A front spot in front of SB Winter Castle, IASW Plaza, etc. That is a very smart idea to watch BIHM as early as possible that the fireworks can be cancelled during a windy night. Luckily during my trip last weekend, it wasn't that windy until the day I left which I have read that BIHM was cancelled due to the windy weather. F! and WoC Winter Dreams should be no problem unless it rains like crazy for F!. WoC Winter Dreams will still play during a rainy day or windy day.

it will be very interesting to hear and read where the different packages and FP viewing areas are located for F!.

We are planning to watch the fireworls from the train station which we've never done. We also want to ride BTMM during them another night. Its one of the kids' and Michael's favorite things to do. :thumbsup2
I haven't though about which WoC section, any thoughts? best section and what time should we grab FPs to obtain one for the color section?

I saw and posted in a thread where the fireworks were cancelled two nights in a row. Sad but safety trumps fireworks.​

So much chit chat going on here its hard to keep up! You're going to have a blast and will have a ton of steam to blow off!

I'm just trying to make it through to leave on our trip to Seattle!

Us chit chat? ;)

Seattle is right around the corner, are you crazy busy before then? I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a week. :hyper:

Us chit chat? ;)

Seattle is right around the corner, are you crazy busy before then? I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a week. :hyper:

I just have a lot to do before we go. I'd feel a lot better if Fran would get her act together and pick out clothes and stuff. I'm at DL with Corinna the day before we leave and we have a 7AM flight. :crazy2:

I just have a lot to do before we go. I'd feel a lot better if Fran would get her act together and pick out clothes and stuff. I'm at DL with Corinna the day before we leave and we have a 7AM flight. :crazy2:

Shoot that is a lot!!! You can rest in January. ;) :goodvibes Guess the flight isn't long enough to really rest is it? So 7 am flight means up at 4 am? What airport?

ETA: The Asian Bistro menu looks good.

So here's my updated updated itinerary but before that, Vegas might be a go again. The mom I am trying to coordinate with isn't very communicative and I can't tell if its because she really doesn't have info or what so......I'm done initiating contact. As of now I'll plan to take Joshua and if it works out he can go with the dad and son then great. Weather looks cold but clear. But enough of that.....on with the Disneyland trip!!!

Saturday Dec 6: leave SLC, drive through to So Cal, stay with friend.

Sunday Dec 7: Beach! Visit my dad in the morning. Mornings are better for him than evenings. It sounds silly but he never gets fast food and he loves McDonald's so we may grab that on the way. Or Jack in the Box but he prefers the hash browns at McD's.

Monday Dec 8: Beach! Or maybe Knott's Berry Farm. Knott's is having an amazing promo for law enforcement and fire personnel. The employee plus one get in free and everyone after is $30 each. The kids haven't been to Knott's and I've read great things about it. We'll see.....it'll be a little dependent on the weather but I'm doing a little Knott's research just in case.

Tuesday Dec 9: After we leave my friend's about 9:30, we'll run over to the GCV, check in early for a chance at scoring one of my villa requests, grab lunch at maybe Chen's or Nomad Bistro (both menus are great. My kids LOVED Chen's) and take it over to A&F's, visit, meet the fur babies and grab the air mattress. Leave by 2:00, go grocery shopping, and then head back to the GCV. Okay, I am loving this day. Our friends will arrive about 1:30 so they'll have to wait for us but they can stay busy in DTD until we get there. Dinner at Naples in DTD or Trader Sam's and we'll kick the kids out at 8 pm.:teeth: I am leaning towards Trader Sam's.

Wednesday Dec 10: DCA Starting the trip in DCA is always a struggle but it would be worse to end the trip there so there ya have it.
Park hours: Disneyland 9a-10p and DCA 9a-8p with EMH/MM 8a-9a
World of Color!

Thursday Dec 11: Disneyland and DCA This is the day we're spending with Alison.
Park hours: Disneyland 9a-11p with EMH/MM 8a-9a and DCA 9a-8p
Fireworks!
No P.S. but I think we're planning on Plaza Inn for lunch.

Friday Dec 12: Disneyland and the propsal!!!
Park hours: Disneyland 8a-midnight with EMH/MM 7-8 am and DCA 8a-11p
Cafe Orleans for dinner

Saturday Dec 13: DCA
Park hours: Disneyland 8a-midnight with EMH/MM 7a-8a and DCA 8a-11p
Grill at GCV for dinner

Sunday Dec 14: Disneyland
Park hours: Disneyland 8a-midnight and DCA 8a-11p. No EMH/MM.
Fantasmic!
F! dining package from Aladdin's Oasis for a late lunch

Of course the planned WoC, fireworks, and F! are providing there is no rain/wind in So Cal and no cancelations.

Monday Dec 15: drive home, straight through, Utah bound.

I haven't though about which WoC section, any thoughts? best section and what time should we grab FPs to obtain one for the color section?

I saw and posted in a thread where the fireworks were cancelled two nights in a row. Sad but safety trumps fireworks.​

Depends on where you want to see WoC Winter Dreams from. If you want the blue section, I would get it the first couple of hours when DCA is open since you will be able to get that color. If you want yellow, I would wait until a few hours later. As for the color, I would recommend the blue section. When I look at the viewing chart, there are a few spots with good views. Remember to try to get a railing spot when watching WoC Winter Dreams or it will be tough to see the show with heads in the way. As for the spot, the good spot will be close to the front of the viewing area towards the pier. You can try out the green fire hydrant spot in the blue section which can be one of the least waiting time areas and still be able to see the show in a nice spot. I have done that spot a lot of times including this past weekend trip in which we were able to see WoC Winter Dreams. Some people like the bridge spot when going towards Paradise Pier. I could go on and on what spots are nice. This is through my experience when watching WoC. I would go to the WoC Superthread which will tell you all the information.

Just as you said the reason the DLR cancels the fireworks is due to safety where WDW will still run their fireworks on windy days.

Proposal? Hmmmm - seems I missed something!

Nice plans. I love how you are starting the trip off at the beach. Sounds lovely.

And that is quite the deal for Knotts Berry Farm. Very cool. Research away.

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbsup2

Depends on where you want to see WoC Winter Dreams from. If you want the blue section, I would get it the first couple of hours when DCA is open since you will be able to get that color. If you want yellow, I would wait until a few hours later. As for the color, I would recommend the blue section. When I look at the viewing chart, there are a few spots with good views. Remember to try to get a railing spot when watching WoC Winter Dreams or it will be tough to see the show with heads in the way. As for the spot, the good spot will be close to the front of the viewing area towards the pier. You can try out the green fire hydrant spot in the blue section which can be one of the least waiting time areas and still be able to see the show in a nice spot. I have done that spot a lot of times including this past weekend trip in which we were able to see WoC Winter Dreams. Some people like the bridge spot when going towards Paradise Pier. I could go on and on what spots are nice. This is through my experience when watching WoC. I would go to the WoC Superthread which will tell you all the information.

Just as you said the reason the DLR cancels the fireworks is due to safety where WDW will still run their fireworks on windy days.

WDW just had that fire at the Mine Train ride due to fireworks too. Better safe than have something like that again. I think people forget that Anaheim is a residential area unlike WDW.

Thank you for the WoC tips! :thumbsup2 The last few times we've watched it from the villa. We couldn;t see the projections well but the music, water, and lights were wonderful. I'd like a full view though this trip.

I'll check out the superthread.​

Proposal? Hmmmm - seems I missed something!

Nice plans. I love how you are starting the trip off at the beach. Sounds lovely.

And that is quite the deal for Knotts Berry Farm. Very cool. Research away.

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbsup2

::yes:: Our friends who will be joining us for the Disney portion of this trip have a daughter who will be getting engaged. The boyfriend couldn't come on the whole trip due to school and finals so he's flying out to surprise her and propose at Disneyland!!!! pixiedust: Michael has a few diamonds on the way too so it's fun to be involved in that part too. They're such cute kids.

Michael wants Knott's but I'd love another beach day to be honest. I hate to spend the $$ for a half day but we'll see. It'll be weather dependent as well. If it's in the 60's, we'd only spend a little time at the beach but I have to stick my toes in the Pacific. :cloud9:

pixiedust: Two weeks from today!!!!! pixiedust:

Words cannot explain how tired I am from this week. I'm looking forward to doing very little this weekend. It's set to rain/snow all day which is actually welcome as its fits in with my plan to be lazy. I generally work 32 hours a week so I can feel it. Not complaining as the OT will be great.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :goodvibes

Photo for today is a drawing of the gingerbread house currently being constructed in the lobby of the GcH! I cannot wait to see this. pixiedust:

780fbed24e362083bca12a8c50a65eb9_zpsa9cd95c7.jpg

Jenny,
Dont worry about Chinese food for the day you visit. I'll put something together. Fran and I are currently arguing over what it is that I'll cook, and what can be considered cooking.

We'll figure it out over the next week or so. You folks just bring your appetite.

Jenny,
Dont worry about Chinese food for the day you visit. I'll put something together. Fran and I are currently arguing over what it is that I'll cook, and what can be considered cooking.

We'll figure it out over the next week or so. You folks just bring your appetite.

You're so cute but don't argue ;) we're easy! So looking forward to seeing you both. :goodvibes

Two weeks!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

2 weeks!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sorry Vegas keeps shifting around :(

Will you have to work over the holidays when you come back? I'm so sorry about work :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter