Your first trip to Disney, what you remember ?

My parents took me to Disneyland when I was 4-5. Not many memories of the park itself, but I remember seeing e-tickets laying out at my grandfather's house before we left. I had no idea what e-tickets were, but they said "Disneyland" on them, so I knew we were in good shape!

I’m going to have to read every post on this thread! ::MinnieMo Summer of 1972 as a child was my 1st visit & I remember how beautiful Main Street was, the Skyway, the attractions of Haunted Mansion, Small World, CBJ, & that Wings of Flight. My memory is terrible, though. It was a day trip so I wished someday to stay at a Disney hotel.

Of the first trips that I remember, I recall walking through the dirt of the strawberry fields that edged Disneyland. We were camping at the campground nearby (I learned how to swim at the pool at that campground). I remember sitting up on a bar stool at some bar in the Disneyland Hotel drinking a Shirley Temple, and boy did I feel grown up. Years later, we went to DL the year Splash Mountain opened. We waited almost 3 hours for it! So many memories. So many family trips, later, road trips all the way from Vancouver with friends, holidays with boyfriends, and now, my husband with our two littles. We took the kids once in 2018 when they were 2 and 4. Ihave probably been 20+ times, not bad for someone from Canada where every trip is a BIG trip! These memories are the reason we are prioritizing disney trips for our kids. So so much happiness. On a whim we decided to drive down for Spring Break, and it is the happiest these kids (and me!) have been in years, looking forward to it. They are 6 and 8 now and want to ride everything. That Disney magic is real.

My mom sent me to WDW with a friend's family. We stayed with her aunt. It had to be in summer... I got burnt to a crisp!

I'm not sure what year it was, but I'm thinking late 1980s. I have some pretty vivid memories of the Skyway, 20,000 Leagues, and Captain EO. I can't even legitimately remember if I even saw Captain EO or just saw a promo video or poster for it. I didn't return to WDW until the 2000s and thought I had imagined the Skyway because it was gone! (Busch Gardens Williamsburg has and Opryland had a similar attraction and I thought I'd mixed up the memories.) None of the attractions I remembered were there and I didn't remember any of the others, so it was like a second first time. 🙂

We brought home souvenir Minnie ears. The headband was made of hard plastic with teeth and they really hurt! The polka dot bow looked like an accordion.

I was 39 when I went to WDW the first time. My son was a month from turning 5. It was an amazing trip. The first morning we stood outside MK and Mickie came on to announce the opening. He started a countdown and my son counted along. Then his first ride was the teacups which he got to ride with tweedle Dee and tweedle dum. It was incredible seeing it through his eyes!

I visited for the first time with my husband and sons who were 4 and almost three years old. On our last day, my four-year-old was sad he didn't get to meet Genie. My husband went to the Emporium and purchase some Aladdin figures. He asked a CM if she would hand the package to my son and say that Genie wanted him to have these. The CM insisted we follow her and brought us to a private meeting with Aladdin & Jasmine. This was the beginning of our love of Disney.

My very first trip I was around 10 don't remember too much other than being a bit freaked out by 20000 leagues ride (there was some water on the floor and I remember thinking "we're sinking!") But I clearly remember my trip in 1990 - my DH and I took our first solo trip (left the kid with mom!) I remember characters roaming freely (I have a great pic of Chewy swallowing me up in a hug!)

We went to WDW in 1975 . I remember riding Dumbo and my white floppy 70’s hat flying off. A lady caught it and returned it to me when we got off the ride .

I remember being in the gift shop and someone broke a Minnie figurine . It shattered on the ground. A cast remember just swept it up and smiled .

My moms cousin’s husband was head of the musicians union and we saw him and talked with some of the musicians on Main Street .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter