You're Livin' the Dream, Mater Boy! *Aug 2010*(WE'RE HOME and HAD A GREAT TRIP!!!!)

Hooray for single digits!!!!
I've done most of my last-minute shopping. I decided to throw caution to the wind and pack a lot of stuff in my check-in bags so I don't have heavy carry-ons....

Amanda

Yipee for the single digit dance!!:dance3:

Check with your airport, some have relaxed the rules on liquid sizes in carry ons. You may not have to worry about the sunscreen. (I am pretty sure you can check your local ariports webpage to find out).

Thanks you guys!! I'll check with my airport on the restrictions for carry-on's, just to be sure.

I'm heading out here in a bit to go do some shopping and try to finish up some of the last minute stuff and some other miscellaneous stuff we need to get. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and was quite stressed out this afternoon, so I'm hoping that if I can go get some of this stuff done tonight I can relax a bit. Between the trip stuff, stuff I need for the wedding this weekend, finishing up getting school supplies, and getting stuff for McQueen's and Dan's birthdays, I have a lot of junk to get!!! It's all little stuff - one or two things for this, one or two things for that. I just want to be done!!! Also picking up suitcases tonight!!!

I skipped running last night due to the heat/humidity, and am skipping again tonight so I can go shopping. I feel bad, but I was completely exhausted all day yesterday and went to bed at 8:30pm right after the kids! Felt good to get a good, long nights sleep. Back to running tomorrow night - long run night. 12 miles. :eek: EEK!

:woohoo: for single digits!!! :woohoo:

I think it is normal to make changes. I made one last week and I imagine that despite my planning, we might make changes as we go since we are not sure how DD will react to things. :goodvibes

:woohoo: for single digits!!! :woohoo:

I think it is normal to make changes. I made one last week and I imagine that despite my planning, we might make changes as we go since we are not sure how DD will react to things. :goodvibes

Thanks Stephanie! I'm sure thing will change along the way for us too depending on how the kids are doing and what they're up for. I'm the kind of person that makes a decision on something and rarely changes from that....DH on the other hand is a HUGE waffler - constantly making a decision, then changing his mind, changing it back, changing it again! So between the two of us we balance each other out - he makes me be more flexible and I make him make a decision for once! :laughing:

Ahhhh....8 DAYS! :)

Last night I had a great shoping trip and got *almost* everything I needed for the trip and for our upcoming weekend. My stress level has dropped about 200% right now, I'm so relieved to have gotten stuff done!

My most pressing purchase was shoes for the wedding the this weekend, and I found some cute strappy sandals that are actually quite comfortable and match my dress well. What a relief!

I picked up 2 suitcases and a backpack from my sister/BIL's. Dan has been thinking that he might want to carry a backpack in the parks (he'll also bring it for his carry-on) so we borrorwed that as well. Now I just have to figure out who gets what suitcase and I can start packing! :goodvibes

And I was able to find most of the travel sized items I needed. I could not find the right sunscreen in a smaller size bottle, so I'm going to empty out one of the little 1.5 oz bottles that we have of regular sunscreen and put what we need for Mater into that bottle. It should work out okay.

I didn't make it to the drug store to look for moleskin, so I still need to do that and I need to find some travel laundry detergent - I was hoping to get Purex 3-in-1 sheets but can't seem to find a small package of them anywhere. Maybe the drug store will have those too?

So, today I think I'll start packing for the weekend - gotta pack kids stuff for their sleepover at the grandparents, and our stuff for the wedding and following day. I'm excited for the weekend, we have family coming in from out of state and it should be a fun weekend seeing everyone and catching up. Should be a great weekend!

Earlier today I got an email from Disney Destinations! It was just a confirmation email for everything but had a link in there to do On-Line Chech-in, so I went ahead and did it! :thumbsup2 Another thing off my to do list and felt good to actually be close enough to do it!

I lined up all 4 big suitcases on our bedroom floor - they sure take up A LOT of room, and figured out which two were the biggest and those will be ours, kids get the little bit smaller ones. Tomorrow I will pack for this weekend, then Monday I'll start packing for the trip!!! :) I honestly can't believe it is almost here - feels to surreal! I probably wont' sleep at all next week I'll be so excited! :goodvibes

Here we are at 7 days - gosh ~ 1 WEEK! One week from right now we'll be on the plane flying down to Disney! :)

So...I figured it was time to officially let the packing begin! Here is what it looks like right now:

DSC00871.jpg
DSC00870.jpg

Got the suitcases out and figured out who gets which - they're all about the same size give or take a little. Dan will take the backpack for his carryon, and I'll take a regular carryon bag.

I've started mathcing up kids outfits for the days I made Ts for - have those stacked in the chair along with our other Ts. (I had them in the suitcases but the kids wanted to play with the suitcases this mornings so I took them out!) I'd LOVE to pack more clothes but I need to keep them out so the kids have stuff to wear next week! :laughing:

My dresser top has become the catch-all for paperwork and bath supplies. As I've been gathering I've been sticking everything up there, so that will probably be filled in the next couple of days!

Dan and I were talking last night about what time we need to leave next Friday and decided to try to be on the road at 5:00am. That will get us through Milwaukee by about 7:00am and to the airport about 7:30am. Hopefully we'll miss any rush hour traffic by getting through so early. We also decided that we will have everything packed Thursday night and load all suitcases but 1 which we'll throw our remaining bath supplies in that morning before we go.

I still need to figure out some things to get for breakfast on the road that morning. Figured I'll take some granola bars and dry cereal for the kids, couple small bottles of juice. Dan and I are in LOVE :love: with McDonald's iced coffee drinks so we'll be stopping along the way for one of those.

My week has been really off - my running has been non-existint due to the weather - been SO outrageously hot! I had to bail on my long run last night, it was still over 90 degrees at 7pm with a heat index over 100! So, my plan is to get back at it on Sunday night when we get back from the wedding. Its hot and supposed to rain tonight and no time to run tomorrow since we're heading out of town right away in the morning. I'm very disappoint that I did so little, I ran Sunday and Monday, that was it. I was actually in tears last night thinking that with basically having this week off and then having the week of our trip with very little running, there is no way I'll be ready for the half marathon in Sept. I still haven't ruled it out but it's becoming less of a possibility for me - I'm a week off my training plan and if I can't get a long run in this next week before we leave then I'll be 2 weeks behind. Ugh...I never though I'd be stressed about NOT being able to run! :rolleyes:

I also wanted to say a big THANKS to anyone still reading along!! Thanks for sticking around! And in honor of being 1 week away from our trip I wanted to make a list of the Top 10 things I'm most looking forward to on this trip:

10. Seeing the Welcome to WDW Sign
9. Arrving and Pop and knowing WE ARE HERE!
8. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from Main St Bakery
7. First Ride on Dumbo and Teacups
6. Sipping a margarita while strolling the World Showcase
5. Hearing the kids scream, squeal, and laugh on the rides
4. Viewing Wishes fireworks
3. McQueens first roller coaster ride
2. Seeing my kids faces when they "meet" Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater
1. Walking down Main Street USA hand in hand with the kids

What do you most look forward to when going to Disney??

Karen!!!

7 days!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

So exciting!! Can I squeeze in a suitcase too?!! lol

I so want to go back but we've decided to wait until the new phases are complete...thats prob 2013..not sure I can wait THAT long!!! :eek:

Anywho....we carried a backpack around the parks...it works great!! :thumbsup2

I look forward to walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle at the end! My favorite!! :love:

Karen!!!

7 days!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

So exciting!! Can I squeeze in a suitcase too?!! lol

I so want to go back but we've decided to wait until the new phases are complete...thats prob 2013..not sure I can wait THAT long!!! :eek:

Anywho....we carried a backpack around the parks...it works great!! :thumbsup2

I look forward to walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle at the end! My favorite!! :love:

Hi Heather!

I can't wait to walk down Main Street- it will be so amazing! :lovestruc

2013 huh?? that is a long ways off! I don't know how Dan will feel about ever going back - we'll have to see how it goes this first time. BUT...I'd like to go back again when the kids are a liitle older and can do more of the big rides and coasters. We'll try for some this trip but I know there are some we won't be doing.

I'd pack you along if I could!! :goodvibes

Karen

6 Days!!! Feels great to be under a week!

We are heading out shortly to leave for my cousins wedding today, it is about 3 hours away. Have everything packed and ready to go, just waiting now. It should be a really fun day. We are dropping the boys off at Dan's parents and heading down to the hotel to check-in. Once we're there we will get changed into our "wedding clothes" and meet up my some of my family who are staying at the same hotel. Then we'll have to head over to the ceremony. Should be a really nice day.

We are down to the last row of numbers on the countdown calendar!! Next week is going to be crazy fun! I HAVE to get some good runs in Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday nights. Dan has a meeting on Tuesday night. My entire week will be spent doing laundry, packing, and obsessing over what I think I may have forgotten to pack! :laughing: Need one more run to the drug store for just a couple of things, I really think we're set after that.

Gotta go get the kids ready for their sleepover at the grandparents tonight! Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Karen

Hi Karen! Well, sadly we are home already from our trip. Had a great time as usual. I know you guys are getting close so I had to come to your PTR first! Ahhh so exciting! :banana:

10. Seeing the Welcome to WDW Sign
9. Arrving and Pop and knowing WE ARE HERE!
8. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from Main St Bakery
7. First Ride on Dumbo and Teacups
6. Sipping a margarita while strolling the World Showcase
5. Hearing the kids scream, squeal, and laugh on the rides
4. Viewing Wishes fireworks
3. McQueens first roller coaster ride
2. Seeing my kids faces when they "meet" Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater
1. Walking down Main Street USA hand in hand with the kids

What do you most look forward to when going to Disney??

I love this list. :goodvibes Even though we have been there so many times, we still look forward to so much. At this point any time we go to WDW it's like visiting an old friend with all the familiar sights and sounds. We love seeing the WDW arch! :goodvibes I can only imagine what the first ride on Dumbo will be like. My sisters and I had to ride it just for nostalgia reasons. Oh my you guys are going to have so much fun!

Are they going back to Wishes? I know that the Summer Nightastic was supposed to end today but thought they were extending it. Maybe it was just the Electrical Parade...either way, the fireworks are amazing. :thumbsup2

Hi Karen! Well, sadly we are home already from our trip. Had a great time as usual. I know you guys are getting close so I had to come to your PTR first! Ahhh so exciting! :banana:

I love this list. :goodvibes Even though we have been there so many times, we still look forward to so much. At this point any time we go to WDW it's like visiting an old friend with all the familiar sights and sounds. We love seeing the WDW arch! :goodvibes I can only imagine what the first ride on Dumbo will be like. My sisters and I had to ride it just for nostalgia reasons. Oh my you guys are going to have so much fun!

Are they going back to Wishes? I know that the Summer Nightastic was supposed to end today but thought they were extending it. Maybe it was just the Electrical Parade...either way, the fireworks are amazing. :thumbsup2

Hi Sarah! Welcome Back! I just saw on your PTR that you were back - sounds like you and your sisters had a great time - looking forward to hearing about it!

I'm not sure WHICH fireworks they're showing!! :laughing: But the schedule out on disney.com SAYS Wishes and Spectro, but it may end up being the other shows (I too heard they were extending it.) I guess we won't really know the difference anyway since it's our first time....as long as they show something I'll be happy. :)

Honestly I hope I'm just not a teary mess the entire first day! :rotfl: I have a feeling that I'll be tearing up all the time!!!

Just so happy to be there and be living the experience..."Livin' the dream" is what it's all about. :goodvibes

OK....I gotta say...5 DAYS!! Seriously??? I cannot believe it! :goodvibes

We just got back from wedding and it was a really good weekend! The kids had a great sleepover the the grandparents and Dan and I had a great time at the wedding on Saturday. I can't believe it is all over already and now we are just 5 days from leaving. We talked to a lot of family this weekend about our upcoming trip and those who have been there gave us lots of tips and pointers.

My uncle loves WDW so it was fun to talk to him about it - they took their kids when they were younger and he, like Dan, thought Disney was going to be all about the kids. It was fun to hear him talk about how their first trip was "for the kids" but the second trip was for him...and the third trip, etc! I think hearing him talk about it gave Dan a new perspective on what adults love and enjoy about Disney, and I think he is looking forward to it more than ever.

So I've unpacked the suitcases and have them ready to start packing! Probably start tomorrow after doing some laundry. Tonight I HAVE to go running since it's been almost a week. Ugh, I'm so behind.

:banana: 5 DAYS!!! :banana:

Crazy, right? You'll get there!!!
I went almost a week between runs, too. And my run today was pathetic but I did it.
I started the packing process today but I'm limited because my kids have camp all week and need their clothes/bathing suits.

Amanda

Crazy, right? You'll get there!!!
I went almost a week between runs, too. And my run today was pathetic but I did it.
I started the packing process today but I'm limited because my kids have camp all week and need their clothes/bathing suits.

Amanda

Hi Amanda!

It IS crazy - I'm am so excited it is a little bit ridiculous!! :goodvibes I'm anxious for this week to go fast and we can leave on Friday!

I'm going to start packing and planning the kids outfits today - can't pack too much since they still need clothes for the next 4 days! But I can start and figure out some outfits and stuff.

Had a good long-ish run last night after 5 days off! Ended up doing 7 miles which felt great - sore but great. Was only planning to do my usual 4 but the weather was great, it was still light out, so I stopped home for a drink and went back out for a few more miles. My knee is still a little bit sore since I jammed it a week and a half ago, so it was probably good to rest it as long as I did. Great job getting your run in - I'm sure it wasn't pathectic!! Some of my runs have been disasterous - I come home thinking I'm done! I'm never going to run again! Then the next one is great and you feel wonderful. All that counts is that you keep getting out there! :thumbsup2

Hope you're packing is going well and you'll be leaving before you know it!
Karen

4 DAYS!!! Wow! All weekend I kept thinking this time next week we'll be in MK! And this time next week we'll be getting ready for our Character Meal!

Today will be filled with some not-so-glamourous stuff, mainly laundry! I also have to plan some meals for this week so we can use up some food that's in our fridge and not have to throw a ton of stuff out. I usually do a weekly meal plan anyway but this week is all about using up what we have and not going to the grocery store. It'll be interesting to see what creations I can come up with! :thumbsup2 Also need to bake a banana bread and use up the bananas we have.

Then there is a bunch of miscellaneous to-do. Refill prescriptions and pick those up later this week. Stop the newspaper and mail devilery. Download all my pictures off my cameras and clean off my memory cards. Find and charge all my batteries.

And I need to find the answers to a few questions that I've thought of:

1. How much does it cost to do laundry at POP? I know the laudry buildings are by the pools, but what's the cost? Do the machines just take cash?

2. We've decided to take our laptop so Dan can check emails for the online course he teaches (semester starts on Monday) so we'll probably get internet Monday AM to Tuesday AM, then Thursday AM to Friday AM again. I know the costs and stuff but what kind of cords do I need to bring to connect? I use my laptop wirelessly at home so I've never hooked it up to anything! Does Disney provide a cord or do I need to bring it? And it's high-speed, right, not dial up? We have high-speed at home, I have no idea how to access a dial-up.

Anyone know any info on these two things?

4 DAYS!!! Wow! All weekend I kept thinking this time next week we'll be in MK! And this time next week we'll be getting ready for our Character Meal!

Today will be filled with some not-so-glamourous stuff, mainly laundry! I also have to plan some meals for this week so we can use up some food that's in our fridge and not have to throw a ton of stuff out. I usually do a weekly meal plan anyway but this week is all about using up what we have and not going to the grocery store. It'll be interesting to see what creations I can come up with! :thumbsup2 Also need to bake a banana bread and use up the bananas we have.

Then there is a bunch of miscellaneous to-do. Refill prescriptions and pick those up later this week. Stop the newspaper and mail devilery. Download all my pictures off my cameras and clean off my memory cards. Find and charge all my batteries.

And I need to find the answers to a few questions that I've thought of:

1. How much does it cost to do laundry at POP? I know the laudry buildings are by the pools, but what's the cost? Do the machines just take cash?

2. We've decided to take our laptop so Dan can check emails for the online course he teaches (semester starts on Monday) so we'll probably get internet Monday AM to Tuesday AM, then Thursday AM to Friday AM again. I know the costs and stuff but what kind of cords do I need to bring to connect? I use my laptop wirelessly at home so I've never hooked it up to anything! Does Disney provide a cord or do I need to bring it? And it's high-speed, right, not dial up? We have high-speed at home, I have no idea how to access a dial-up.

Anyone know any info on these two things?

Hey Karen! How exciting...4 days!! OMG!! :banana:
OK...you sitting down???? it was $2 to wash and $2 to dry each load! They take quarters....there is also a change machine in there but it was very moody when I tried to use it...very frustrating...

There was a cord in our room at Pop hanging up in the bathroom/closet area. We never used it though...DH has a Verizon card for his laptop that we used.

HTH!

Again.....4 days!! :yay::woohoo::dance3::banana::cheer2:

WOOO, 4 DAYS!!! :cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes

Sorry I am no help in answering the laundry question but good thing someone else was able to answer that one! haha

And yes, as for the internet there should be a cord in the closet that you can use. It is high speed internet. :thumbsup2

Hey Karen! How exciting...4 days!! OMG!! :banana:
OK...you sitting down???? it was $2 to wash and $2 to dry each load! They take quarters....there is also a change machine in there but it was very moody when I tried to use it...very frustrating...

There was a cord in our room at Pop hanging up in the bathroom/closet area. We never used it though...DH has a Verizon card for his laptop that we used.

HTH!

Again.....4 days!! :yay::woohoo::dance3::banana::cheer2:

Hi Heather! Thanks for the info on the laundry! I was sitting down so I didn't completely fall over when I read that!! :rotfl: I figured it would be a couple bucks each - hopefully I can get away with just 1 big load half way through the trip - stuff it full!! :laughing:

Good to know about the internet cords!! :thumbsup2 I was hoping they would have/provide them.

WOOO, 4 DAYS!!! :cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes

Sorry I am no help in answering the laundry question but good thing someone else was able to answer that one! haha

And yes, as for the internet there should be a cord in the closet that you can use. It is high speed internet. :thumbsup2

Thanks Sarah!! I figured you would also know since you were doing your live updates from there! Hoping I can sneak a little DIS time in as well for a couple live updates!! hehe - I'm sure Dan will think I'm insane! :rolleyes:

Today is 3 Days!! WOO HOO!!

This morning when Mater pulled off the day 3 calender tab he jumped up and down and shouted "3 days - I can't believe it!" He must be hearing me say these things!! :goodvibes

Yesterday was quite productive, got all laundry done and packed about 2/3 of everyones outfits. Yes everyones...including my husbands. I mentioned to him that I packed "a few" things for him and he was like "are you telling me what I have to wear down there?" :rolleyes1 I resonded by saying that I packed the outfits for the days we're doing matching shirts, which is true, but I also packed a few other things too. He has 2 Grumpy Ts that I matched shorts too and packed. And he had told me that there was a couple button-downs he wanted to bring so I ironed and packed those with mathcing shorts. :confused3 I don't think I'm telling him what to wear?? Just helping out! If he doesn't like what I matched up he can change it.

So today is a few more to-dos - have to run to Target this morning and get my last few miscellaneous items for the trip, pick up prescriptions, and I still wanted to look for a couple T's for the kids, and maybe a new coloring or activity book to do on the plane. Should be able to get that stuff done pretty quickly this morning.

Last night I went out for a run, I was SORE from my 7 mile run the night before, could definitely tell I had a few days off from running. But I did a 4 miler and it was my best run ever! Quickest anyway - I wanted to work on my speed a little bit and I really had to push myself, but I was able to knock about 2 minutes off my time - I was amazed and very happy. Helped that it was quite cool out and like zero humidity. Felt great though to see some improvements! No run tonight but tomorrow will be a long run again - attempting a 12 mile.

Another question: Has anyone every requested a late check-out? I had read someone on the DIS that you can request a later 1pm checkout time. Was wondering if anyone has done it? I guess I'll ask about it when we check in and see if we can get it? I think our ME time will be around 1pm since out flight leaves at 4:40pm.

And 2nd quesiton for today: The walkway from MK to the Contemporary - is it easy to find? Is there big sign that says "this way to the CR" or anything? We'll be bussing to MK for our breakfast at Chef Mickeys and figured we could walk over. Just not sure where to find the walkway?

Thanks everyone!!!

Just got back from a GREAT shopping trip this morning. Got everything I needed on my list, and found the greatest deal on some light-up/glow sticks for the kids at Walgreens. Here they are:

DSC00877copy.jpg
DSC00876copy.jpg

I went there for moleskin and found that then we were just wandering around and looking through the summer stuff, there were some signs for clearance but I didn't really know what was included. So the kids found these light up sticks and they were 2/$5 so I thought we could get them, since it'll be A LOT cheaper than buying this stuff at Disney. they light up like a LED kind of light - that whitish/bluish color. They had Cars theme and Princess theme. So when we checked out they range up $1.49 a piece! I was so excited - they light up pretty nicely - stay solid or flicker. The kids love them and so I hope we won't have a problem carrying them into the parks for the night-time shows. If you're looking for some - head to Walgreens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter