Zuji flights question

Congrats Bec. :goodvibes

Enjoy the planning.

I think I just found our flights, how on earth does that happen? LOL

Melb to LA, LA to Orlando, no stopovers :thumbsup2

And a 2 day stopover in LA on the way back coming in $400 cheaper than the chick at Flightcentre gave me today...

The other flights i'd found were doing the milkrun so DH might be even more excited now :laughing:

So, i've found flights to Orlando stopping only in LA, then stopover for 2 days in LA on the way back for under $5900 (2 adults and 1 child), with the girl today telling me the lowest she can find is $2500 each and $1900 for the child
I hate booking the flights, it's like gambling!
Hows this go as far as prices go? And how does it compare to what anybody here has paid previously?
DH says just book it, wondering though what the chances are of a drop, being that it's 6 months out, although I know the prices now are not typical and are higher than previous years...

Which airline?

It is a couple of years ago; but in Oct 2010, I got flights on United/AA combo....
outbound: MLB-Syd-LA-MCO on United.
homeward: MCO-SFO on AA (2 day stop) and then SFO-Syd-MLB on United.

I think I paid around the $1350 mark for the above. I bought my ticket in about late July?

Your flight is coming in at about $2000 for an adult? Is this Economy?

They maybe a tad high. I have seen them about $200 cheaper in Sept. but I don't know your dates.

Have you looked at www.zuji.com.au, www.jetabroad.com.au, www.directflights.com.au, www.byojet.com.au, www.kayak.com or www.expedia.com.au?

In my experience Flight Centre always price high and they stuffed up my reservations. Don't forget they price match.

Good luck. It has driven me crazy :confused3

Thanks for the reply, I have not much to compare it to LOL

Dates: Depart Mel to Orlando 11 Sep
Orlando to LAX 4 Oct
LAX to Melbourne 7 Oct

Wondering if the October return is making it higher as October flights are ridiculous :laughing:

My flights came off Zuji which is $300 cheaper than bestflights and expedia, same flight numbers, flying with Delta but operated by Virgin

I looked at the original flights to LA I was looking to book for the Wonder cruise and they're $40 cheaper overall than flying to Orlando, so I guess I should be a bit happy, I just don't want a case of buyers remorse :laughing:

I'm trying to find average prices for previous years and can't find anything...

Congratulations on taking the WDW plunge, now to start your dining planning with your Free Dining :banana:

I think those ticket prices are slightly high. Also keep your eye on Expedia.

If it is $2145 per adult, that's what I've seen it for recently. My deal was thru the travel expo, $1762 return MEL/MCO

Which airline?

It is a couple of years ago; but in Oct 2010, I got flights on United/AA combo....
outbound: MLB-Syd-LA-MCO on United.
homeward: MCO-SFO on AA (2 day stop) and then SFO-Syd-MLB on United.

I think I paid around the $1350 mark for the above. I bought my ticket in about late July?

Your flight is coming in at about $2000 for an adult? Is this Economy?

Delta/Virgin $2089 adult and $1706 child

Is that $2500 per adult plus $1900 per child = $6900?

YUP :laughing: unlikely

I just want it done, I wish I had a crystal ball...

Congratulations on taking the WDW plunge, now to start your dining planning with your Free Dining :banana:

I think those ticket prices are slightly high. Also keep your eye on Expedia.

We're excited for free dining LOL I don't even know where to start!

Thanks, DH says book it, but if they drop even $100 each it's a decent saving LOL

Buyers remorse :laughing:

We are also flying Delta but with VA flight numbers as this gives you VA's baggage allowance.

Something I hadn't even considered, but we generally don't go over a bag each, we don't even take one for DS6.

It's all very real now!

Thanks for you help everybody, while i'm here, which places must we try and get an ADR for?
I've never really ventured into this territory before...

Kangarucci, it looks like we'll just miss each other, i'll be getting off the boat and you'll be getting on...

Yes. How's that!? :

Have you seen any photos of inside the Fantasy? It looks fantastic!! :yay:

If you ever think that you may do another cruise book a dummy date so that you get 10% off plus stateroom credit, $200 for a 7 night cruise. Transfer the reservation to a travel agent and most will give you further stateroom credit, $100 for 7 night. :thumbsup2

We did this last time thinking that we may do the Mexican Riveria but changed it to the Fantasy. Should have booked two! :rotfl:

Yes. How's that!? :

Have you seen any photos of inside the Fantasy? It looks fantastic!! :yay:

If you ever think that you may do another cruise book a dummy date so that you get 10% off plus stateroom credit, $200 for a 7 night cruise. Transfer the reservation to a travel agent and most will give you further stateroom credit, $100 for 7 night. :thumbsup2

We did this last time thinking that we may do the Mexican Riveria but changed it to the Fantasy. Should have booked two! :rotfl:

I just looked at your ticker, we'll be checking into WDW when your cruise starts I think, 22 Sep

Does the dummy date have an expiry at all?

I don't think we'll be having another big trip any time soon, this one is just snowballing LOL
It started off as a Wonder cruise with a few days at Disneyland and a side trip to Vegas until the October flights put me off :laughing:
And I think now i'm spending more money but the ship is brand new which is amazing LOL and free dining at WDW, we'll hardly have to buy food for over 2 weeks, and I like to eat on holidays :laughing:

Your going to love WDW and the free dining is awesome, we didn't use all our credits and got so many snacks when we left we filled 2 of the disney park bags.

We also booked everything online as I found all the travel agents were dearer than doing it myself.

Enjoy WDW you will have the time of your life

Becpee, you can keep moving the date around. :)

In 2007 we didn't think that we would do another one as it was our once in a lifetime trip. Since then we have done the 2010 Disney Westbound Transatlantic. I am going to make two dummy bookings this time just incase.

If booking onboard, you pay less deposit. For us it was 50%.

Re ADR's,

Some of our favorite places

Quick Service:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (Quality and Best Value Quick Service Credit at WDW in my opinion)

1 Table Service Credit
O'hana (Polynesian)
Sanaa (Kindani Village, AKL)
Via Napoli (Epcot - Italy)
Teppann Edo (Epcot - Japan)
Whispering Canayon (Wilderness Lodge)
Boma (AKL)

2 Table Service Credits
California Grill (Contemporary Resort) A family favorite - we dine her every trip.

I want to book the flights, i'll just spew if they go up, in saying that I think $1960 to Orlando isn't too bad considering LA was to be $40 less (total) a month later...

Becpee, you can keep moving the date around. :)

In 2007 we didn't think that we would do another one as it was our once in a lifetime trip. Since then we have done the 2010 Disney Westbound Transatlantic. I am going to make two dummy bookings this time just incase.

If booking onboard, you pay less deposit. For us it was 50%.

So, you book it and just keep putting it off yeah?

Your going to love WDW and the free dining is awesome, we didn't use all our credits and got so many snacks when we left we filled 2 of the disney park bags.

We also booked everything online as I found all the travel agents were dearer than doing it myself.

Enjoy WDW you will have the time of your life

Thanks Tara, I think we are so lucky to have been able to change everything and get free dining :thumbsup2 Disneyland was one dream, Disneyworld is somewhere I didn't think i'd ever get to!
After comparing all the prices of flights online I don't think i'll be venturing into a travel agents again any time soon.

Re ADR's,

Some of our favorite places

Quick Service:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (Quality and Best Value Quick Service Credit at WDW in my opinion)

1 Table Service Credit
O'hana (Polynesian)
Sanaa (Kindani Village, AKL)
Via Napoli (Epcot - Italy)
Teppann Edo (Epcot - Japan)
Whispering Canayon (Wilderness Lodge)
Boma (AKL)

2 Table Service Credits
California Grill (Contemporary Resort) A family favorite - we dine her every trip.

Thanks so much mickeyd, I am so excited for the food, I wish we were going for longer just so I could eat at more places :laughing:

Yeah! Just keep moving it around. When moving it, don't cancel it but transfer otherwise you will lose all the benefits. I moved mine from the Mexican Riveria to Fantasy in Sept. then to another date in Sept. People do it all the time! :)

becpee how old is your child?

Our DD requested we do Earl of Sandwich, Ohana, Sci Fi, and 1900 Park Fare Breakfast again.

We are also doing Tusker House again, but for lunch not breakfast.

We really liked Tutto Italia on our last trip but it is closed this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter