10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

The whole food situation was really ridiculous. There was no reason for it to be so slow and disorganized. We came around past SDMT and saw the popcorn stand opening with short line forming so we got on it. We were about 20 people back. They had one lady working. She had to I pack the buckets from a case, take the plastic off of each one,fill the little hole with popcorn, then ring it up. It was so slow! About 10 people in, she ran out of buckets and we waited another 15 minutes fir someone to bring more. So poorly planned and executed, it was like they had no idea people were coming today. Friar Nook was also a complete disaster with huge waits, long lines even once the app said food was ready and complete disorganization.

Anyone disappointed that there was not any type of re-dedication ceremony today? I was looking forward to seeing some type of ceremony to commerate the 50th.

So far not impressed with the “celebration” seems more like just a lot of new merchandise for sale than anything truly special for the 50th. However, I am looking forward to trying some of the 50th treats.

I took a poster on the way out when going to lunch at Steakhouse 71. I don’t like having to carry it around the rest of the day when going back into MK, but I wanted to make sure I got one.

Two hour wait for food!? That feels like I’d hop over to a resort or Disney Springs and just eat over there

Two hour wait for food!? That feels like I’d hop over to a resort or Disney Springs and just eat over there

Took a boat to Wilderness and currently relaxing with some cheesy brisket at Geyser Point!

Seriously most people at the parks today are only here for the merchandise….ride times are low. Tonight all the merchandise will be available everywhere as it always is with Disney. I am not sure why they make everyone goto one spot for everything, then release it park wide in the evening.

Seriously most people at the parks today are only here for the merchandise….ride times are low. Tonight all the merchandise will be available everywhere as it always is with Disney. I am not sure why they make everyone goto one spot for everything, then release it park wide in the evening.
What does this mean? They will be selling the merchandise in multiple locations tonight?

I really don’t understand why more locations weren’t utilized and a few kiosks set up. For example, The store exiting Pooh was empty with the employees just standing around.Couldn’t they have sold some items? Really poorly planned out.

What does this mean? They will be selling the merchandise in multiple locations tonight?

I really don’t understand why more locations weren’t utilized and a few kiosks set up. For example, The store exiting Pooh was empty with the employees just standing around.Couldn’t they have sold some items? Really poorly planned out.

that is exactly what I mean. When we came to the opening of Galaxies Edge the line for merchandise was 2+ hours long. An employee told me to just wait and goto any store later in the night and they will have it all…and they did. This is not a 1day thing. This is going one for the next year and a half. We are staying at the poly and the girl at the store winked and told me to come back tomorrow…..

this is Disney….they create demand and they sell to demand.

Waited 2.5 hours for food at Peco Bills. Finally asked a CM and they sent us to a line to expedite it. Now going on 3 hours and my original order isn’t ready yet. They are telling people 3 hours for food 🤦🏻‍♀️

Waited 2.5 hours for food at Peco Bills. Finally asked a CM and they sent us to a line to expedite it. Now going on 3 hours and my original order isn’t ready yet. They are telling people 3 hours for food 🤦🏻‍♀️
I get that it's a special occasion, but with reservations, Disney knew with pretty good certainty how many people were going to be in the park today, they could have even limited the number if they needed to, and they can disallow park hopping to MK. Given that, there's no excuse for not being properly staffed. They should not let more people in than they can staff up for.

I was standing outside of MK after 2pm and there was a steady stream of people coming in and a steady stream going out. It seemed about equal. So I don’t think the park hoppers added anything.

Didn't plan on leaving the park, but I wanted to make sure I got a poster and wanted to take that and all the merch I got back to my room instead of carrying it around the rest of the day. Also started feeling a little overheated/dehydrated, so wanted a little chill time. Stopped by the pool bar at Pop and got the new drink that comes with a souvenir 50th glass!
I'm gonna eat dinner here in a little so I don't have to worry about it when I go back.

Anyone disappointed that there was not any type of re-dedication ceremony today? I was looking forward to seeing some type of ceremony to commerate the 50th.

Chapik & Iger literally said it last night on the fireworks preview… “we rededicate” …. And then set off a fireworks blast. They each recounted their personal memories & then said the rededication. I knew right then they weren’t going to do anything today. You don”rededicate “ something twice.

Say what ahead of time? They aren’t going to come out and say “we don’t have anything cool planned”. Not sure why anyone would expect something beyond what was announced.

Say the rededication ceremony will be the night before….you can watch it on Disney park blog…..

And I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t say it. Set expectations & play it up people will get to see it up close, even those who can’t be here. People expect it because historically that’s what has been done. Again, except the last few events. Plus… Disney is the one who has been promoting October 1st to death. Of course people expect something spectacular.

that is exactly what I mean. When we came to the opening of Galaxies Edge the line for merchandise was 2+ hours long. An employee told me to just wait and goto any store later in the night and they will have it all…and they did. This is not a 1day thing. This is going one for the next year and a half. We are staying at the poly and the girl at the store winked and told me to come back tomorrow…..

this is Disney….they create demand and they sell to demand.

I agree with you, but there is some stuff that is today only. Might just be annual passholder stuff, not sure.

It is very clear this is all about the merch. Big Thunder only has a 15 min wait and splash was 10 min. Glad I have never cared about limited edition anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter