**@@** 11/06/2008 3 day WONDER **@@**

Its almost here!!!!!!!:banana: I can't believe I booked this trip more than a year ago! Time goes by doesnt it?!

I know what you mean, we booked this cruise last September with friends, and now it's 51 days and hours away. We are so looking forward to this cruise!:cool1:

Welcome, ajwaspooh, and Rose (degrapevine).

I've added our info to the first post of this thread. There's now 16 groups/families represented there. Not bad for a 3-day trip!

Sorry for my extended absences here, too many "fires" lately. The latest is TWO different airlines have changed their schedules, affecting two of my cruise group - my sister flying from Las Vegas, now they want her to go through Philadelphia,arriving 6 hours later, and a "straggler" that has to work Tuesday, and needed a late flight from NYC - they moved him from a 5 PM direct flight to a 3:30 via Atlanta. Today will be spent dealing with those problems.

Someone mentioned recognizing others from the thread - lime green seems to be the common color that DIS'ers use. We had name tags last year, and had no problem picking out about a dozen online friends last year during various phases at check-in at the terminal - even when we were dropping luggage with the porters, and when I was riding the shuttle over from the Budget Rental return. We all chatted, and recognized the others once aboard.

While we had ordered name tags from Zazzle.com, others just designed and printed their own- look for all the great threads here for designs. I'll print mine on lime green construction paper. I'm sure that will stand out!

Gotta start packing . . . (now, where's the # for US Airways?????)

is anyone else booked as a gty room? i'm (not so) patiently waiting for my room assignment.... (got a cat 12 gty booked, it wont ruin my cruise if we end up with a cat 12 but keeping fingers crossed for the upgrade fairy!)
as of today we're only 36 days out so hoping i wont have to wait too long!

i got my room assignment!!!
we've been upgraded from a 12 to a 9!!! so happy!

congrats on all the room assignments for anyone who was in a GTY room.

there was talk back about doing a FE exchange, was wondering if people are still interested or not? i like the idea but i havent got a FE :(

was also wondering where people are on the ship? i'm in 2556, disneyismyname is only down the hall in 2048 (i think), whereabouts are you all staying?!?!

congrats on all the room assignments for anyone who was in a GTY room.

there was talk back about doing a FE exchange, was wondering if people are still interested or not? i like the idea but i havent got a FE :(

was also wondering where people are on the ship? i'm in 2556, disneyismyname is only down the hall in 2048 (i think), whereabouts are you all staying?!?!

I don't have a FE but would join in if there is interest. We are in #7005.

Would love to join the ff! Just give the word! We are in cabin 2066:cheer2:

hey we've got a little midship deck 2 party going on!!

ive decided to keep a running track of what rooms people are in just incase we decide to do a FE exchange, here's what we've got so far

ROSTER, 11/06/2008 WONDER

:)disdel - Ken & (DW)Debbie, dd24, ds, Mom & Dad(for their 60th wedding anniversary), friends Jim & Francine, their dd Daniellle, F-I-L, and his dw category 7 deck 7

pumpkin5156 me (24), DH (33), DS (2.5)

momtotanmanandraerae - me Kari (33), dh (33), ds (7), and dd (4) Cat. 8 stateroom #7008

:)karentan - karen, 28, and my hubby, gary, 27 Cat 9 stateroom #2556

Belle26 - there will be 8 of us total - my dh and myself along with two other families

pddmom - dd-5 & ds-3 category 6 deck 6

Chrissybear - Christine, dh Tony and 2 dd 13 and 10 and our ds 7

:)0506 - Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip cat 9 stateroom #2066

disneyismyname - My mom and I cat 9 stateroom #2048

foofanella - & DH, DD 8, DS 5

Stephanie84 - Steph & fiance'

DorisDan - daughters are Samantha, age 9, and Ally age 8. My name is Doris and my husband is Danny. cat 10, stateroom #5020

faithnthyme - DH - Adrian, Leah (me), DS's - 5 & 7. We have friends going as well - a family of 4 with a boy & girl that are both 7

leanne2255 - DH and I

ajwaspooh - DH, 40; Me, 36; DD, 6; DD, 3

:)degrapevine - Rose (38) and her Mom, RoseAnne (62) - cat 9 stateroom 2078

:)es45 - Elizabeth (celebrating the big 4-0 while on board), DH (42), DD7, and DD5cat 10 stateroom 7005

Roadtrip_321 - We're Shirley(me), DH Scott and Son Steven(9). cat 9 stateroom 1044

am wondering who, if any, is serious about doing a FE exchange? i havent got a FE but am thinking of using a tote bag or something similar instead. i think it may add some fun to the 3 night cruise. is anyone else interested? i dont mind arranging it, i've been looking at past threads and think ive got an idea of what to do!!
can you post here or PM me if you're interested, and if you would prefer to give one gift for the whole cruise or one per night? (we can decide which one we do if/when people say they're joining in). even if only a few people are interested it could still be a bit of fun (plus i've gotta have something to do when DH is at the gym)(he's adamant that he WILL be going to the gym, personally i'm a bit dubious!!;))

am wondering who, if any, is serious about doing a FE exchange? i havent got a FE but am thinking of using a tote bag or something similar instead. i think it may add some fun to the 3 night cruise. is anyone else interested? i dont mind arranging it, i've been looking at past threads and think ive got an idea of what to do!!
can you post here or PM me if you're interested, and if you would prefer to give one gift for the whole cruise or one per night? (we can decide which one we do if/when people say they're joining in). even if only a few people are interested it could still be a bit of fun (plus i've gotta have something to do when DH is at the gym)(he's adamant that he WILL be going to the gym, personally i'm a bit dubious!!;))

I'm interested in the FE exchange; I'll probably have to use a tote bag too. Since the cruise is so short, I would prefer to give one gift for the entire cruise. This could be a lot of fun!:cool1:

sounding good so far! any other takers?
so far: its going to be one gift per room, think it'll probably be easier to say you can deliver whenever is convenient, dont think a set time or day will work.
ps: i had a brainwave last night, i've got a hanging winnie the pooh toiletries holder that's got lots of pockets, think i may use that for my FE!!

Hi! Sorry I haven't checked in lately, I'm a substitute teacher and I've been working nonstop for the past two weeks! Not much time for going online ...

My Mom and I would LOVE to join the FE exchange, so count us in. We are on Deck 2, in Stateroom #2078 (Just received our documents yesterday!).

So, add us to the list. One gift per stateroom sounds fine for such a short cruise. There is so much to do and so little time. I've been on FE exchanges before on 3 day cruises where we exchanged gifts every day and it was a lot of running around between activities.

Thanks, Karen, for offering to organize this! Less than a month left ...

Rose :)

Anyone else? Anyone?

karentan, thanks for organizing this!

Thank karentan for her organize!
We're Shirley(me), DH Scott and Son Steven(9). at rm#1044

What is a FE exchange? Each participate prepares a small gift to somebody(randomly) in the group? Or everybody has the same(similiar) gift?

hiya! i've added people's details to the cruise plan on pge 5.

we've now got 5 groups for the FE exchange, its a good response so far!!

disdel - hope you dont mind that i've kinda taken over your thread, :)

shirley - with our FE exchange, we've kinda decided that its going to be one gift per room. you hang a bag of some kind from the metal fish thats outside your stateroom door (think its actually supposed to be used for DCL mail!!). you prepare a gift/gifts for each family thats participating in the exchange, you can deliver your gifts to the other families whenever you want to during the cruise. you can make the same gift for each family, or you can make different ones, its up to you.
its just a bit of fun really, i participated in the Disboards UK community board's secret santa last year and it was fun getting a random gift from a stranger, think the cruise version will be fun too!

i think we need to make a cut off point for people joining the FE exchange of a couple of weeks before the cruise, ie: around the 23rd, so we can get a chance to sort the gifts out!!
once we've got a better idea of whos joining in, i'll do a map of sorts, showing where our rooms are, and if people want i can email it to them.

hope thats ok, i'm new to the whole cruising thing, i've never done a FE exchange before, so i'm learning!!

come on!! where's everyone else?? only 3 weeks and 4 days to go!!

come on!! where's everyone else?? only 3 weeks and 4 days to go!!

Thanks, Karen, for updating the roster. "Take over" wherever you want to. It's not "my" thread, it's ours, I'm just glad there are others here! Had wakes and memorials tying up last week, spent this AM booking the EB Transatlantic in 2010, woohoo!:cool1:

Count us (7084) in on the exchange, but not the rest of my "gang".

ROSTER, 11/06/2008 WONDER

disdel - Ken & (DW)Debbie stateroom #7084
dd24, dsis, Mom & Dad(for their 60th wedding anniversary), friends Jim & Francine, their dd Daniellle, F-I-L, and his dw, AND my special Disney buddy Dee!

pumpkin5156 me (24), DH (33), DS (2.5)

momtotanmanandraerae - me Kari (33), dh (33), ds (7), and dd (4) Cat. 8 stateroom #7008

karentan - karen, 28, and my hubby, gary, 27 Cat 9 stateroom #2556

Belle26 - there will be 8 of us total - my dh and myself along with two other families

pddmom - dd-5 & ds-3 category 6 deck 6

0506 - Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip cat 9 stateroom #2066

disneyismyname - My mom and I cat 9 stateroom #2048

foofanella - & DH, DD 8, DS 5

Stephanie84 - Steph & fiance'

DorisDan - daughters are Samantha, age 9, and Ally age 8. My name is Doris and my husband is Danny. cat 10, stateroom #5020

faithnthyme - DH - Adrian, Leah (me), DS's - 5 & 7. We have friends going as well - a family of 4 with a boy & girl that are both 7

leanne2255 - DH and I

ajwaspooh - DH, 40; Me, 36; DD, 6; DD, 3

degrapevine - Rose (38) and her Mom, RoseAnne (62) - cat 9 stateroom 2078

es45 - Elizabeth (celebrating the big 4-0 while on board), DH (42), DD7, and DD5cat 10 stateroom 7005

Roadtrip_321 - We're Shirley(me), DH Scott and Son Steven(9). cat 9 stateroom 1044

ok, so far for the FE exchange we're got:

:)disdel - Ken & (DW)Debbie cat 5 stateroom #7084
:)karentan - karen, 28, and my hubby, gary, 27 Cat 9 stateroom #2556
:)0506 - Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip cat 9 stateroom #2066
:)degrapevine - Rose (38) and her Mom, RoseAnne (62) - cat 9 stateroom 2078
:)es45 - Elizabeth (celebrating the big 4-0 while on board), DH (42), DD7, and DD5 cat 10 stateroom 7005

any others takers?

thinking 5 groups so far isnt bad for something that we only decided to do less than a week ago!! come on our fellow cruisers, the more the merrier and its more fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter