**@@** 11/06/2008 3 day WONDER **@@**

Not too shabby - thanks, karentan! Go ahead and set parameters for the exchange, I have no idea yet what will be appropriate, but the time will fly by!

shirley - with our FE exchange, we've kinda decided that its going to be one gift per room. you hang a bag of some kind from the metal fish thats outside your stateroom door (think its actually supposed to be used for DCL mail!!). you prepare a gift/gifts for each family thats participating in the exchange, you can deliver your gifts to the other families whenever you want to during the cruise. you can make the same gift for each family, or you can make different ones, its up to you.
its just a bit of fun really, i participated in the Disboards UK community board's secret santa last year and it was fun getting a random gift from a stranger, think the cruise version will be fun too!

i think we need to make a cut off point for people joining the FE exchange of a couple of weeks before the cruise, ie: around the 23rd, so we can get a chance to sort the gifts out!!
once we've got a better idea of whos joining in, i'll do a map of sorts, showing where our rooms are, and if people want i can email it to them.

hope thats ok, i'm new to the whole cruising thing, i've never done a FE exchange before, so i'm learning!!

Sorry I was quite busy these days... has to file tax(extended to Oct 15th).. been lazy.

Thank you karentan for your explaination..

Not too shabby - thanks, karentan! Go ahead and set parameters for the exchange, I have no idea yet what will be appropriate, but the time will fly by!

i have no ideas what rules we need to set, can anyone who's done a FE exchange before help with this bit?

i think its mainly:
relatively inexpensive
not take up too much space
one per room!

if anyone wants to add anything more to it feel free!

come on, any more takers?!?!?!?!
17 days til we cruise!!

Karentan and disdel:

We are on the roster, but I would like to be removed. Life has been a little too crazy and I would like to relax as much as possible this cruise. I greatly appreciate you coordinating this for the rest of the group and I look forward to seeing those Fish Filled as we walk by!!!

AJwasPooh. See you on board!

yeah no problem, the main list is just where everyone was staying, the FE one is a seperate list.
only 16 days to go!

hiya!
so it seems like we've got 5 groups for the FE exchange.
is this ok with everyone? do we all still want to do it with such a small group?
if so i'll go ahead and sort out a small map so we can find each other's cabins.
can you either post here or pm me to confirm if you're participating or not?

thanks

ps: 15 days to go!!

Karen - I pm'd, and will post here as well - we're in for the exchange.

Lots of glitches happening here:scared: , but we WILL be on that plane on the 4th, and onboard on the 6th !!!!:banana: :banana:

For everyone participating in the FE exchange: My daughters are so excited to be a part of this. Come to think of it, so am I!:banana:

only 13 days to go!!!

on a side note, i've just finished making up my fish extender goodies!!

Hi everyone I am new to the thread and DCL. My DH and DD (5), I hope I am getting these abbreviations right will be joining you all. What is this FE you all are talking about? We are in cabin 2550. :banana: I'm so excited about this trip. Any must do's from you veteran cruisers.:cheer2:

hiya and welcome to our small but friendly cruise thread!!
i havent cruised before so i can't give you any must do's, but on the good side, only 12 days to go!!
the FE (fish extender) is a thing we've been organising for our cruise (a lot of disboards people going on cruises do them), its kinda like a secret santa thing, we've got 5 groups in ours, you make 1 gift per cabin and hang a bag off the metal fish outside your door (DCL uses this to deliver cruise based mail). you go around and put gift/gifts in other participants bags. its just a bit of fun really to add to the cruise fun!

Hi everyone I am new to the thread and DCL. My DH and DD (5), I hope I am getting these abbreviations right will be joining you all. What is this FE you all are talking about? We are in cabin 2550. :banana: I'm so excited about this trip. Any must do's from you veteran cruisers.:cheer2:

Welcome, and just relax- read about the FE exchange, and just let Karentan know if you want to join in - it's a pretty easy one with so few participants, but it'll help with the excitement, and help convince you that this will only be your first of many DCL cruises!:cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2:

ROSTER, 11/06/2008 WONDER

disdel - Ken & (DW)Debbie stateroom #7084
dd24, dsis, Mom & Dad(for their 60th wedding anniversary), friends Jim & Francine, their dd Daniellle, F-I-L, and his dw, AND my special Disney buddy Dee!

pumpkin5156 me (24), DH (33), DS (2.5)

momtotanmanandraerae - me Kari (33), dh (33), ds (7), and dd (4) Cat. 8 stateroom #7008

karentan - karen, 28, and my hubby, gary, 27 Cat 9 stateroom #2556

Belle26 - there will be 8 of us total - my dh and myself along with two other families

pddmom - dd-5 & ds-3 category 6 deck 6

Chrissybear - Christine, dh Tony and 2 dd 13 and 10 and our ds 7

0506 - Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip cat 9 stateroom #2066

disneyismyname - My mom and I cat 9 stateroom #2048

foofanella - & DH, DD 8, DS 5

Stephanie84 - Steph & fiance'

DorisDan - daughters are Samantha, age 9, and Ally age 8. My name is Doris and my husband is Danny. cat 10, stateroom #5020

Chrissybear - Christine, dh Tony and 2 dd 13 and 10 and our ds 7

faithnthyme - DH - Adrian, Leah (me), DS's - 5 & 7. We have friends going as well - a family of 4 with a boy & girl that are both 7

leanne2255 - DH and I

ajwaspooh - DH, 40; Me, 36; DD, 6; DD, 3

degrapevine - Rose (38) and her Mom, RoseAnne (62) - cat 9 stateroom 2078

es45 - Elizabeth (celebrating the big 4-0 while on board), DH (42), DD7, and DD5cat 10 stateroom 7005

Roadtrip_321 - We're Shirley(me), DH Scott and Son Steven(9). cat 9 stateroom 1044

mikawalton - me, DH and DD (5). cat 9 stateroom 2550

emily louises mum - DH (44) Me (40) DD(12)

updated to include new people!

updated FE list too!

disdel - Ken & (DW)Debbie cat 5 stateroom #7084
karentan - karen, 28, and my hubby, gary, 27 Cat 9 stateroom #2556
0506 - Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip cat 9 stateroom #2066
degrapevine - Rose (38) and her Mom, RoseAnne (62) - cat 9 stateroom 2078
es45 - Elizabeth (celebrating the big 4-0 while on board), DH (42), DD7, and DD5 cat 10 stateroom 7005

My family and I will be on the Wonder on the 6th. This is our 3rd Disney 3 day cruise, and we love them!!!! This is my daughters last time in the kids club because she is turning 12 while we are on vacation. Can't wait to leave on Friday for our days in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter