• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

So...you're making me doubt my time...we have a. 5:20 at h&v, and a fantasmic fast pass...thought we'd show up closer to 5:00... Think that we will make it?

Oh...sorry to make you doubt things @Mrs. Inc! I know you can get H&V with F! up to 5:00 according to Disney's website, so that alone makes me think 5:00 would be totally fine. What makes me nervous about any time much after that is apparently it is not unheard of for H&V to be running behind. Also, rumor has it that getting your seats at least 30 minutes prior to F! is a good plan, even with FP. We just happen to have other things we want to do with our FP that day, so that's the only reason I preferred the F! package. It does seem to me that if you're seated by 5:00 you should make it! :thumbsup2

DISCLAIMER: Opinion brought to you by someone very nervous to give advice about others' Disney plans as I'm relatively inexperienced and would seriously cry if I gave anyone bad advice! lol I hope others will chime in!

I've done that too!! @Mal6586 dont worry, you certainly are not the only one. I think this is why @Talby has said I'm too open minded! LOL! I've tried to stop looking but some days.... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: You really are the most open-minded-to-Disney-options person I have had the pleasure of "meeting" on these boards. Hands down--you win! But that's a huge compliment. :D And also one of the kindest, hands down. ;)

Thanks a million for posting this! I am loving the uniquely themed trees! :santa: My kids were very into 101 Dalmatians and we went as Cruella and 2 dalmations for Halloween a couple of times when they were little. :) Beauty and the Beast will be a favorite. And Mickey and Minnie...lol! All of them sound great! This is the sort of thing that really gets me bouncing-off-the-walls excited! :hyper:

Thanks a million for posting this! I am loving the uniquely themed trees! :santa: My kids were very into 101 Dalmatians and we went as Cruella and 2 dalmations for Halloween a couple of times when they were little. :) Beauty and the Beast will be a favorite. And Mickey and Minnie...lol! All of them sound great! This is the sort of thing that really gets me bouncing-off-the-walls excited! :hyper:

Me too! I'm obsessed with Christmas trees and ornaments! Kinda bummed that there's no Pixar-inspired tree though. Oh well, can't have everything! lol

Nice! I used my new Target RED Card to get these, saved 5%. Figure I'll use my mb to pay for food and all that, and then pay off my balance with the gift cards. I've been using my Disney Visa for all my everyday purchases since I got it to rack up points that way. Already ordered my Rewards redemption card!

I am so glad there is no expiration date on the rewards card anymore. All I had to do yesterday was call to get my points transferred. I decided to do it while I was thinking about it.

we did sci fi last time and kiddo loved it! it was his request to go again.

I don't know what it is about me but I just can't get excited about QS places. Although I will say the food courts at the value resorts look pretty darn tasty and I also liked the pepper market when I went there like 15 years ago lol. But in the parks... meh. Flame tree BBQ looks good and I will have the pulled pork cheese fries. I love the QS at Morocco. The all breast nuggets are alright. But for the most part I could take it or leave it. Even if I am going to eat light I just much prefer TS and sitting down and being served and not standing in line to order and pay, to pick up food, juggling my food, keeping track of my kid, fighting for a table, cleaning it off myself as it is invariably gross from the previous people. I have no memories on my trip of "wow that was a great meal." The best I think I have is "well the food was edible and no one got killed so we'll call it a win." I'm such a whiny baby :)

We find that sitting down for the hour or so for our TS lunches and dinners is our time to rest and recharge. I think the only CS we will do are CHH at MK on our second MK day and then probably Sunshine Seasons at Epcot for our first full Epcot day. We might do CS at YC/BC the day we arrive for lunch before either going to SAB or heading over to Epcot in the afternoon to see some storytellers before our CP dinner.

I am so glad there is no expiration date on the rewards card anymore. All I had to do yesterday was call to get my points transferred. I decided to do it while I was thinking about it.

Oh, thank you for posting this, it reminded me of a question I had! This is my first experience with using Disney Rewards. I ordered my card with a certain amount on it, but by the time of the trip I should have at least another $50 to transfer to it. Once I have the physical card, when I transfer more rewards to it, does it happen right away? Or do I need to make sure I transfer a certain aount of time before my trip?

And it's nice to know that there won't be an expiration date on the card!

Oh, thank you for posting this, it reminded me of a question I had! This is my first experience with using Disney Rewards. I ordered my card with a certain amount on it, but by the time of the trip I should have at least another $50 to transfer to it. Once I have the physical card, when I transfer more rewards to it, does it happen right away? Or do I need to make sure I transfer a certain aount of time before my trip?

I think they transfer pretty much right away. I've heard of people even doing it AT Disney somewhere (guest services?), so I think you're fine. My statement closing date is right before our trip so I'll just transfer everything then, it'll be about 3 days before we leave.

My last gift card came from my DVA - $140 total! Add that to my rewards and we'll have a good chunk of fun money to spend while we're there. :D

Oh...sorry to make you doubt things @Mrs. Inc! I know you can get H&V with F! up to 5:00 according to Disney's website, so that alone makes me think 5:00 would be totally fine. What makes me nervous about any time much after that is apparently it is not unheard of for H&V to be running behind. Also, rumor has it that getting your seats at least 30 minutes prior to F! is a good plan, even with FP. We just happen to have other things we want to do with our FP that day, so that's the only reason I preferred the F! package. It does seem to me that if you're seated by 5:00 you should make it! :thumbsup2

DISCLAIMER: Opinion brought to you by someone very nervous to give advice about others' Disney plans as I'm relatively inexperienced and would seriously cry if I gave anyone bad advice! lol I hope others will chime in!

Love the disclaimer! We will just do the best we can..I assume jbjb will mean a light crowd at fantasmic...just hope the sidewalks aren't too crowded

They do the transfer while on the call so as soon as you know you will have that extra $50 just call and what you need will be moved. You get an e-mail right after the call confirming.

Is anyone else having any issues with cancelled reservations showing up in your MDE? I dropped an H&V Fantasmic lunch last night and chose to keep a slightly earlier time. I received a cancellation notice for the one I dropped, but it's still there. I called Disney dining and the cast member said they see it as cancelled, but 24 hours later, it is still showing up on my MDE account and the accounts of linked people on the trip (DH, and my friend). It's really odd. I know I have the cancellation notice, and the cast member confirmed it is cancelled, but it does make me worried that I might somehow be charged a cancellation fee for this reservation. Just curious if I'm the only one with this issue.

Is anyone else having any issues with cancelled reservations showing up in your MDE? I dropped an H&V Fantasmic lunch last night and chose to keep a slightly earlier time. I received a cancellation notice for the one I dropped, but it's still there. I called Disney dining and the cast member said they see it as cancelled, but 24 hours later, it is still showing up on my MDE account and the accounts of linked people on the trip (DH, and my friend). It's really odd. I know I have the cancellation notice, and the cast member confirmed it is cancelled, but it does make me worried that I might somehow be charged a cancellation fee for this reservation. Just curious if I'm the only one with this issue.

I've seen reports of this on the dining forum. Keep your email cancellation handy just in case.

Officially started packing today! I'm waiting for a package from Gap and TeePublic before I put my outfits together and pack them away. I think our MB's will be shipped next week.

I've had that issue but only with H&V, Fantasmic and non-Fantasmic. The only way I could get the extra times off my MDE was to cancel them from the reservations and tickets tab. If I swapped times and canceled that way, they wouldn't go away. At one point I had accidentally managed to have like 4 overlapping H&V's.

I've read about some people having the very same issue as well. I wouldn't stress over it too much. Just save the cancellation email in case a charge pops up. If your inbox is anything like mine it might get lost in the sea of daily emails. Just take a screen shot of the email as well for quick access.

The only thing that would bother me about this is if I was trying for another ADR at a similar time and the
non-cancelled ADR was preventing me from booking the new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter