2 Blonde Mice - Mother and Daughter do the DCP

tennisgirlsc

2 Blonde Mice
Doing the DCP - Mom and Daughter
Yes, it is true. My daughter and I both are college students and we have both applied to the Disney College Program together. I am a single Mom and have been since 2001, raising two daughters. Here is a photo of my older daughter and me - my younger daughter will not be joining us on this wonderful adventure :-(

ashdebaugust_zpse7rspkcx.jpg

My daughters and I all love Disney although we haven't been able to financially afford to visit in MANY years. As you can imagine, we are so excited that we will be spending 4 months in our favorite place on earth!

A year and a half ago, my Mom passed away - April 10th, 2014 and her dream had always been that I finish college. As a younger student, my priorities were a little "off" shall we say. :joker: After my Mom passed away, I decided to return to school and I talked my older daughter into going with me. My younger daughter was already an enrolled sophomore. I wanted to fulfill a lifelong dream, not only for my Mom, but for my daughters and for me. My Mom viewed me differently than I viewed myself. She saw me with NO limitations and she truly believed that I could do ANYTHING I attempted. Through my mother's eyes, I am a person without limitations and I want desperately to prove her RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

We have enjoyed a successful first year of school - both of us were selected to join the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. I currently have a 4.o......wayyyy different than when I was younger. We have worked SO HARD :coffee: and we have come a long way. Now, we have the opportunity of a LIFETIME! Both of us are majoring in Hospitality and Tourism Management and we are both hoping for roles in either Hospitality or Concierge. Our dream come true would be to complete the DCP program and eventually work at Disney forever!!!!!!!!!! :earboy2:

We are currently in the WAIT AND SEE time frame that every DCP applicant suffers through prior to acceptance. Both of us completed our phone interviews on the 26th and we were both told that we should hear in 2 to 3 weeks....... so the NERVES and SWEATING have commenced! :scared:

Here is a picture my last e-mail from the DCP

disney%20waiting_zpsieanhlil.jpg
ashdebaugust_zpse7rspkcx.jpg

As we wait, we hope. We click our DCP dashboards every 30 minutes PRAYING for the acceptance that we want soooooo badly!

So, this is my very first trip report and I just wanted to share our story with the boards. I have followed the disboards for a hundred years or so it seems, living vicariously through all of you and your magical adventures. Keep your fingers crossed for us as we wait.....and wait.....and wait........

Hopefully, I will have an update soon!

2 Blonde Mice - In Waiting:tinker:

We miss you Mom! RIP 4/10/2014 - Grams

Last edited:
Doing the DCP - Mom and Daughter

Woke up this morning to the SAME status on my dashboard - IN PROGRESS.
"In Progress" is actually a very good status. It means that you are not been cut and that you are being considered. We both just want this soooo badly that it is difficult to be patient. Today is day 18 after our phone interviews and our recruiter said usually two to three weeks. I have heard from other DCP hopefuls that it could be as late as November. :sad:

screenshot%20in%20progress_zpsuiag2swv.jpg

If we are accepted, my youngest daughter will be taking care of my other two babies. Meet the rest of the family :wave2:

240096_4011176990178_309184012_o_zpsfucemopj.jpg

These are my two babies, Klaus and "Little Girl" - we call her Little Girl because we never found a name that truly suited her.

This is my big baby - my youngest daughter. She is a junior in college and may do the DCP next year.

taylor5_zps8bkm6gxd.jpg

She has changed a little bit since her obsessive days of wanting to be Buzz Lightyear

taylor%20buzz%20lightyear_zpsls3eoryt.jpg

So, good morning from Charleston, SC as we are receiving our first fallish preview - meaning that it isn't 90 degrees. 8-)

Our wait continues..........our story goes on. Keep us in your thoughts!

:cat:

Last edited:

As the Clock Ticks.....
As I continue to repeatedly refresh my dashboard, PRAYING for the most glorious words ever to appear CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE ACCEPTED, I thought I would share a little about my Mom who passed away on April 10th, 2014. My Mom is one of the reasons I am here today, applying with my daughter for a Disney internship - The Disney College Program

As I mentioned earlier, my Mom's greatest dream had always been that I finish my education. Life came along and this there just wasn't time to fulfill this dream. After she passed away, my life completely changed and I saw the world completely differently. I want the FAIRY TALE now - I want to finish my education, walk the stage with my oldest daughter and HOPEFULLY attend the DCP with her this next Spring 2016.

Last Mother's Day, I entered a "Favorite Moms and Dads" contest and my entry was selected. We were featured in a local magazine.

magazinecoversmall_zpsqnadn6db.jpg

mtpleasantmagazine1small_zpskxse6gh4.jpg

mtpleasantmagazine2small_zps9gjzznc3.jpg

I am an only child and since my Mom passed away, we no longer see my Dad. He is remarrying and .... well, that's another story. My Mom was the heart and soul of our family and she truly believed in DREAMS COMING TRUE and she always taught me to shoot for the stars! :cheer2: My Mom was our biggest cheerleader we miss her every single day. I hope that somehow she can see we are reaching for the stars and our dreams and that it is NEVER TOO LATE to create a magical life.

us2_zpssugwcpwo.jpg

From this past Mother's Day.......Thanks Mom for instilling the magic in me! We love and miss you.

So...............back to refreshing the dashboard........

It's A Sign!

ashley1_zpsyhzajayf.jpg

My daughter just called me on her way home from work. She got behind a mini van with this decal:

disney%20gang_zpsewujn3qh.jpg

The GANG'S ALL HERE! - Surely that includes us, right :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::tigger::dumbo:

Not to mention but today is the 13th and my freaky little daughter's favorite number is

disney%20gang%2013_zpszmlusxjt.jpg

I feel it! There's magic in the air

tinkerbell_zpsigtzika9.jpg

Maybe today is the DAY that our dreams come true!!!

Another Day....Another "In Progress" Status

fb%20117_zpspxf3v45k.jpg

In Progress is a "good" status but it isn't

congratulations1_zpsvndgrryj.gif

Before my feet hit the floor on this slightly cooler day of September, the first thing I did was check my phone and pray desperately for the accepted sign. I'm not alone in this journey - there are thousands of hopefuls and I communicate with them on the Facebook group for DCP Spring 2016 Hopefuls. Together, we share our statuses and we comfort those who have been NLICd (No Longer In Consideration) as we go through this process together.

All the kids on the boards are great and very nice to the non-traditional "slightly older" :smooth: lady on the group. I get along very well with that age group and because I have two daughters, I actually speak and understand their language. So, this morning on the FB group, some of the alum are saying that due to the timing and the way the DCP process usually works that today, we should expect a ................................

wave_zpsfhcm49md.jpg

WAVE OF ACCEPTANCES!

According to my fellow DCP hopefuls, when acceptances are sent out, they usually come in tsunami style waves so I am praying that today is the DAY!!!!

amen_zpsnd76xttm.jpg

This is all in God's hands and I know that He has a great plan for our lives either way.

So, please keep us in your prayers as we enter another day of waiting.

Til we meet again, goodbye from beautiful Charleston, SC where we are experiencing glorious weather!

weekly%20temps_zpsplbe9ace.png

I applied last season and got accepted but turned it down for my current job. I priced it out and every thing and couldn't afford it vs making $7 more an hour and not paying rent. I'm 24 so I know how it feels to be a little older than the crowd. I hope you get accepted!

I applied last season and got accepted but turned it down for my current job. I priced it out and every thing and couldn't afford it vs making $7 more an hour and not paying rent. I'm 24 so I know how it feels to be a little older than the crowd. I hope you get accepted!

Thank you! Well my daughter is about your age so I'm quite a bit older than you. :cutie:

I think the wage is now $9.50 and I heard it was going to $10.00 for Spring 2016 - could just be a rumor though.

More than anything, I want the opportunity to share this with my SWEETHEART of a daughter. She has the biggest heart and is such a JOY. Together, we want to bring magic to EVERYONE we meet during our time at Disney.

I thank you so much for your well wishes! It means so much to me!
:thanks:

I love that you and your daughter are applying together! So awesome and what an experience you'll be able to share! Yes, lots of pixie dust your way! I'm a single mom to a 4 year old daughter and I truly hope we will remain close as she grows older. We visit Disneyland often because we live close by so I can only imagine how excited you both must be for the DCP! I'll be following along....keep us posted. :tink:

I love that you and your daughter are applying together! So awesome and what an experience you'll be able to share! Yes, lots of pixie dust your way! I'm a single mom to a 4 year old daughter and I truly hope we will remain close as she grows older. We visit Disneyland often because we live close by so I can only imagine how excited you both must be for the DCP! I'll be following along....keep us posted. :tink:

I think as single Moms that you do grow very close to your daughters - they are such treasures and blessings. Both of my girls are the BEST part of my life and I am grateful that I was given the privilege of being their Mom.

And you are so right! We are both so excited and TERRIFIED that one or both of us won't be accepted. But, we are trusting and believing and I know things will work out the way they should.

Thank you so much for the support and I will most definitely keep you updated.

Prayers and Pixie Dust - That's all we need!

:littleangel:

CollegeProg_Home_Aug2_2003_zpskcjq4vhk.jpg

And...........still "In Progress"
Just returning home from accounting class with my daughter, and of course the first thing we do is check our DCP status which is still in the "In Progress" stage. As I said earlier, this is GOOD, it's just not ACCEPTED. We have been trying to keep our minds occupied during this time which is pretty easy with work and school but we still find plenty of time to OBSESS.

One thing we have decided to do to pass the time is create our DCP Bucket List. I've been living vicariously through all of your trip reports for years and drooling over your dining experiences as well. We haven't been to Disney is quite awhile so we have many new restaurants and attractions that we can't WAIT to experience. You Disboarders do a wonderful job with your trip reports and restaurant reviews that I feel as though I have actually been there recently.

Also, we have been planning on how to share our news with friends and family who have been waiting anxiously with us for our ACCEPTANCES! We are going to celebrate like nobody's business when we finally see those magical words! All our professors are excited and each day they ask us and sadly we tell them that we have NO NEWS YET! The day we are accepted, we are going to wear our Minnie Mouse T-Shirts to class and go visit all our professors. They are just as excited as we are and we can't wait to share our news with them.

So, today marks the three week mark since our phone interview. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wait for our acceptance e-mail!

waiting_zpsng3g00xm.jpg

Til later.........maybe today? Ya never know. All things are possible party:

Hi, I too was single mom for a long time (I have since remarried and my kids are grown) I admire what you are doing.. I have my fingers crossed for both of you.. best of luck here's a bit more pixie dust to add... all the best Michelle

Hi Michelle. Thank you for the well wishes and pixie dust. My daughters and I are very close and this would be the experience and adventure of our lifetime. I appreciate your thoughts so very much. Maybe today, we'll find out. Ohhhhhhh how many more days will I be saying that! :teeth:

Once again, thank you for your support! It means the world to us.

Hope your Wednesday is filled with pixie dust! :tinker:

A Very Long Day
Well, the alums were correct. A wave went out today and tons of applicants were accepted. My daughter and I have checked our status at least 200 times today and we remain "In Progress." We were so excited for everyone who received their role acceptances but very disappointed that we missed the first wave :(

We have prayed and wanted this so badly and we know that what is meant to happen will happen, but sometimes it is difficult to just sit still and WAIT.

Please continue to keep us lifted up in your prayers as we wait....we are still candidates and they accept applicants through November.

We thank all of you in advance!

possible_zpsmwpuwwyn.png

Hope you guys make the next round! Good Luck :)

Thank you! That means so much. We are remaining hopeful but somewhat nervous at the same time. This is our only chance that we would be able to go through the program together.

It will all work out :cutie:

Thank you so much for your support!

A Waveless Day
After all the acceptances yesterday, today was uneventful with no waves on the water :guilty:

The talk on Facebook is that waves usually only come on Wednesdays and Fridays so hopefully tomorrow will be our day! We remain optimistic and hopeful. We have our boats ready and we are ready to ride tomorrow so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers! :boat:

Hope you all are having a wonderful pixie filled Thursday!

til then.......we'll be waiting for pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter