2 Blonde Mice - Mother and Daughter do the DCP

I'm really excited for both of you! I hope you get the news you're looking for so we can follow along with your journey.

weekly%20temps_zpsplbe9ace.png

My Son goes to school in North Charleston ... He LOVES the weather. We love to visit often :)

Still Searching the horizon......searching for our WAVE of acceptance

searching_zpswi9ccdhl.jpeg

Yesterday was ROUGH seas for a great deal of the hopefuls. However, we sat, hour by hour and watched our fellow DCP wannabes receive their acceptances. It was exciting to see all the excited applicants. We remain very optimistic as our roles - concierge and hospitality have received few acceptances. We have been told they do come a little later in the acceptance season. Soooooo we continue to wait and pray and HOPE that we will be able to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity together. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Today, well, that is a different story. Today is FOOTBALL Saturday and we are HUGE Auburn fans. Our team is geting MURDERED at the moment but we love them just the same.

auburnmomash1_zps2uncvz4z.jpg

War Eagle.....WE love our Tigers....Win, Lose or Lying on the GROUND DEAD. HAHA

I almost forgot to mention that we both applied to ASU to complete our education. And this week........

asuadmit_zpssl2yhq0q.jpg

So, now I'm Half Tiger (War Eagle) and Half Devil?

Ashley's application was submitted after mine so we are still waiting to hear if she is accepted.

So, great things are happening and even better things are coming our way - I just know it and I'm kind of psychic - ok, not really but my Mother was. :love:

Hope you all are enjoying your weekends and that your favorite football teams are doing better than 1/2 of mine - my Tigers are dying but my Devils were winners.

til next time.....waiting for waves and learning CPR for my Auburn Tigers!

I'm really excited for both of you! I hope you get the news you're looking for so we can follow along with your journey.

Thank you! We are very excited also :yay: and hoping to receive GREAT news soon.

Glad to know you are following along with our journey and once again, thank you so much. We appreciate you!:thanks:

I hope you both have good news very soon :goodvibes

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thanks:

Can't begin to tell you how much it means to have everyone's support! We thank you once again and we pray we have great news to share soon!!!!

Enjoy your weekend! :flower1:

My Son goes to school in North Charleston ... He LOVES the weather. We love to visit often :)

Your son is a lucky young man! Does he attend Charleston Southern by any chance? The weather is AMAZING and Charleston has been voted the #1 travel destination year after year. I can see why you love to visit!

So, why do I want to leave you say? Well......y'all, it's DISNEY! pixiedust:

Your son is a lucky young man! Does he attend Charleston Southern by any chance? The weather is AMAZING and Charleston has been voted the #1 travel destination year after year. I can see why you love to visit!

So, why do I want to leave you say? Well......y'all, it's DISNEY! pixiedust:
He does attend CSU. He loves it!

I hear ya about Disney ... we've been to WDW as a family at least once in the last 8 years. :)

He does attend CSU. He loves it!

I hear ya about Disney ... we've been to WDW as a family at least once in the last 8 years. :)

CSU is a wonderful school and they have an amazing Hospitality program there. Charleston pretty much has everything a college student would LOVE - We have the beaches, FOOD - some of the best in the country - HISTORY on every corner, BEAUTIFUL scenery....Wait, did I mention the FOOD?????? :cool1:

The only problem is choosing a restaurant on a Saturday evening? Ok.....not really a problem but worth mentioning :rotfl:

We LOVE Disney and can't wait to be back at our MAGICAL DREAM place on earth. But, we are being patient...or at least trying to be patient....actually, we look more like this......:hyper:

Well, my Tigers continue to DIE on the field....so off we are to find a wonderful place to eat in Charleston tonight. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Good luck to you both! My eldest DD is doing the Fall Advantage program now and is having the time of her life. She's made so many amazing new friends and I think the experience has opened her eyes and may take her life in a direction she hadn't anticipated.

Good luck to you both! My eldest DD is doing the Fall Advantage program now and is having the time of her life. She's made so many amazing new friends and I think the experience has opened her eyes and may take her life in a direction she hadn't anticipated.

Thank you! We are remaining optimistic and are expecting a ton of acceptances tomorrow so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. It is a LONG process and we are starting to feel the nerves but we're hanging in there - it's just hard when you want something so badly.

Congratulations to your daughter! I'm sure she is living the DREAM! I would love to hear more about her story as she proceeds in her journey :-)

My brother in law was in Mt Pleasant and is now in Summerville. We are heading down from NY for Feb Break next year! Following along.... Praying for you both...

My brother in law was in Mt Pleasant and is now in Summerville. We are heading down from NY for Feb Break next year! Following along.... Praying for you both...

Summerville is so beautiful! You will have a wonderful time on your break :-) Thank you for your prayers. We know and believe in the power of prayer and appreciate it so much!

God bless and hope you're having a wonderful evening and thank you again so much for your support!

waiting%20and%20waiting_zpsj6fqd6dy.jpg

Yes, we are STILL "In PROGRESS"
4 weeks and 2 days after our phone interviews :(
It has been a LONG week watching wave after wave of acceptances - still few hospitality or concierge roles - but it has been grueling.

Today, as I write this....another wave is rolling in.............

lilo%20wave_zpsrsava9av.jpg

So, please say a prayer for us that TODAY will be our day.

Off to refresh dashboard and continue WAITING .....

old_zpspuean86s.jpg

Thank you :love:

screenshot%20in%20progress_zpsuiag2swv.jpg

YEP! No change in our status position with the DCP.
We remain in the "WAIT TIL YOU CRUMBLE LIKE A CUPCAKE" status mode. It's all good though. We are hanging "like a rusty fishhook" which is an old Alabama sayin' that comes to mind at at a time like this.

I just realized that I have been STALKING all of you since 2008 waiting for the opportunity to post my trip report and my food reviews. WOW! Where does the time go.

The last time I was at Disney my girls were YOUNG! One was very young - like 4 or so and the one I'm applying with, Ashley was around 10? I am an obsessive planner and I had a Disney notebook that was complete with an itinerary that would make the Secret Service jealous. I like being prepared and can not even contemplate the prospect of being late. I can be a bit commando but I always manged to allow the magic to happen naturally....as long as it didn't make me late :smooth:

As long as we are looking in the rear view, here is a photo of my lil girl who isn't applying this year but hopes to next year. We took this photo at Epcot and she had this "thing" where she would try desperately NOT to smile....I dunno...kids are bizarre :rolleyes:

diz%20tay_zpsz288v63b.jpg

My youngest - many refer to her as TNT - (Draw your own conclusions :tongue:)

So....as we sit and PRAY and BEG

begging_zpsokjikfnz.png

Life moves on.....we are entering the last few weeks of our first Fall Session at school and have finals coming up soon. Feels so STRANGE to be going through finals with your daughter but we look at it as a blessing and an opportunity. So, Hospitality Accounting and Introduction to Wine class are about to be complete. Hey, wine class, someone has to do it!

I feel as this point that we have done everything we could possibly do to gain acceptance to this DREAM OF A LIFETIME! Now, it is out of our hands....did I mention I like to control things?.....and so we must TRUST and believe that what is meant to be will BE!

:offtopic: Ok, going off topic but I wanted to let all of you know that we live in the #1 travel destination rated by many, Charleston SC. If you need advice, please don't hesitate to ask!

Here is a photo that I took and actually won a contest by entering......

tavern_zpsndmnvqpx.jpg

This photo was taken at the Tavern and Table in Mt Pleasant, which is just over the bridge from Charleston. This restaurant is new and AWESOME with amazing views. If you are in our area, I strongly suggest you give it a whirl!

waters_zpsznrdrnnt.jpg

VIEWS from the outdoor dining and bar area

waters2_zps5b8rl1o5.jpg

Well.....not the update I had HOPED to publish but sometimes no news is good news right? :love: Hope you all are having an amazing weekend and enjoying your college football Saturday.

One last SHOUT OUT

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

EDITED to add: FOOTBALL isn't complete without pizza!

marcos_zps66djq0ie.jpg

This beautiful slice of heaven came from Marco's Pizza which you ABSOLUTELY MUST TRY if you are ever in my neck of da woods!

Last edited:
screenshot%20in%20progress_zpsuiag2swv.jpg

YEP! No change in our status position with the DCP.
We remain in the "WAIT TIL YOU CRUMBLE LIKE A CUPCAKE" status mode. It's all good though. We are hanging "like a rusty fishhook" which is an old Alabama sayin' that comes to mind at at a time like this.

I just realized that I have been STALKING all of you since 2008 waiting for the opportunity to post my trip report and my food reviews. WOW! Where does the time go.

The last time I was at Disney my girls were YOUNG! One was very young - like 4 or so and the one I'm applying with, Ashley was around 10? I am an obsessive planner and I had a Disney notebook that was complete with an itinerary that would make the Secret Service jealous. I like being prepared and can not even contemplate the prospect of being late. I can be a bit commando but I always manged to allow the magic to happen naturally....as long as it didn't make me late :smooth:

As long as we are looking in the rear view, here is a photo of my lil girl who isn't applying this year but hopes to next year. We took this photo at Epcot and she had this "thing" where she would try desperately NOT to smile....I dunno...kids are bizarre :rolleyes:

diz%20tay_zpsz288v63b.jpg

My youngest - many refer to her as TNT - (Draw your own conclusions :tongue:)

So....as we sit and PRAY and BEG

begging_zpsokjikfnz.png

Life moves on.....we are entering the last few weeks of our first Fall Session at school and have finals coming up soon. Feels so STRANGE to be going through finals with your daughter but we look at it as a blessing and an opportunity. So, Hospitality Accounting and Introduction to Wine class are about to be complete. Hey, wine class, someone has to do it!

I feel as this point that we have done everything we could possibly do to gain acceptance to this DREAM OF A LIFETIME! Now, it is out of our hands....did I mention I like to control things?.....and so we must TRUST and believe that what is meant to be will BE!

:offtopic: Ok, going off topic but I wanted to let all of you know that we live in the #1 travel destination rated by many, Charleston SC. If you need advice, please don't hesitate to ask!

Here is a photo that I took and actually won a contest by entering......

tavern_zpsndmnvqpx.jpg

This photo was taken at the Tavern and Table in Mt Pleasant, which is just over the bridge from Charleston. This restaurant is new and AWESOME with amazing views. If you are in our area, I strongly suggest you give it a whirl!

waters_zpsznrdrnnt.jpg

VIEWS from the outdoor dining and bar area

waters2_zps5b8rl1o5.jpg

Well.....not the update I had HOPED to publish but sometimes no news is good news right? :love: Hope you all are having an amazing weekend and enjoying your college football Saturday.

One last SHOUT OUT

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

EDITED to add: FOOTBALL isn't complete without pizza!

marcos_zps66djq0ie.jpg

This beautiful slice of heaven came from Marco's Pizza which you ABSOLUTELY MUST TRY if you are ever in my neck of da woods!

Following along & wishing for some pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:!!!

It's so funny you posted about Marco's Pizza as it started in my home town of Toledo Ohio where their head quarters is located. I never realized how far the business has traveled.

Last edited:
Following along & wishing for some pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:!!!

It's so funny you posted about Marco's Pizza as it started in my home town of Toledo Ohio where their head quarters is. I never realized how far the business has traveled.

Thank you!!!! We just discovered Marco's Pizza a few months ago and we luvvvvv it! They are doing well as it seems most of Charleston is very impressed with the quality of the pizza AND the excellent customer service.

Once again, thank you for the pixie dust!

Hi!! Much luck to you!! I was accepted at the absolute last possible minute for the DCP- I think I was in the second to last wave! But I got my first choice role and later on my absolute first choice of attraction!! Keep up the faith!!: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter