2 Blonde Mice - Mother and Daughter do the DCP

Wellllllllll.......I don't have good news to report :sad1:
We only found out YESTERDAY, the VERY LAST DAY that Disney had to deliver the news. We applied on the first day and were dismissed on the very last. We have spent the last 2 months with a HEAVY school load and work load as well. I'm sorry for not reporting during that time but the constant waiting was driving me insane! o_O

We decided to try and NOT focus every single second on Disney - didn't work...we still did. haha :sad2:

We were SO selective with the roles that we were willing to accept - only hospitality or concierge. We were told that this would make it very difficult to get accepted but those were truly the only roles we wanted to pursue. So, we went with it and we were DISmissed. :charac2:

Now, for the good news. This truly works out better for us, God always has a better plan. We would not have graduated in May of this year if we had received the internship because we would have been missing ONE class. Now, we will graduate on schedule and we are DEFINITELY applying for the Fall program. I have been told we have a higher chance of acceptance because we will be graduates AND we will be able to apply for the "Advantage" schedule which is 6 months instead of 4 - Advantage applicants definitely have the advantage. haha, seriously nothing punny intended. :flower1:

Honestly, I would rather spend my Fall in Disney than Spring anyway - I have never been to the parks when they were decorated with the fall and then the GORGEOUS Christmas decorations so what a treat that would be. We are disappointed but we are hanging in there and we know that God has a plan.

And, without question, it makes more sense to finish the degree and then we can move to Orlando permanently and not live in the dorms - wasn't gonna do that anyway. I have too many fur babies.

Sooooo, once again. I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I just couldn't deal with the constant obsessing that I was doing with the whole Disney thing. It was hard enough waiting but thinking about it for almost 90 days almost killed us! :crazy2:

I promise to keep you all updated. Applications for fall will drop at the end of January and we will be first in line again to apply. Thank you to ALL of you for your support and encouragement. It truly has meant the world to me. We are approaching the end of the fall semester - 4 weeks and then only a few classes in the spring and BAM we are graduates. :cool1:

I'm working on obtaining an internship here in Charleston now. I hope to find something in hotels, obviously. I have probably sent out 20 applications in the past week and I also have the department heads of the school assisting me. So, please keep us in your prayers and I will continue to read about your wonderful adventures and live vicariously through your magical journeys party:

Love to all!
Debbie

Glad to hear you are okay. I'd been following along and assumed the worst when the flooding hit your area.

Great attitude and it sounds like the fall will work out much better for you both. Good luck!!

Wellllllllll.......I don't have good news to report :sad1:
We only found out YESTERDAY, the VERY LAST DAY that Disney had to deliver the news. We applied on the first day and were dismissed on the very last. We have spent the last 2 months with a HEAVY school load and work load as well. I'm sorry for not reporting during that time but the constant waiting was driving me insane! o_O

We decided to try and NOT focus every single second on Disney - didn't work...we still did. haha :sad2:

We were SO selective with the roles that we were willing to accept - only hospitality or concierge. We were told that this would make it very difficult to get accepted but those were truly the only roles we wanted to pursue. So, we went with it and we were DISmissed. :charac2:

Now, for the good news. This truly works out better for us, God always has a better plan. We would not have graduated in May of this year if we had received the internship because we would have been missing ONE class. Now, we will graduate on schedule and we are DEFINITELY applying for the Fall program. I have been told we have a higher chance of acceptance because we will be graduates AND we will be able to apply for the "Advantage" schedule which is 6 months instead of 4 - Advantage applicants definitely have the advantage. haha, seriously nothing punny intended. :flower1:

Honestly, I would rather spend my Fall in Disney than Spring anyway - I have never been to the parks when they were decorated with the fall and then the GORGEOUS Christmas decorations so what a treat that would be. We are disappointed but we are hanging in there and we know that God has a plan.

And, without question, it makes more sense to finish the degree and then we can move to Orlando permanently and not live in the dorms - wasn't gonna do that anyway. I have too many fur babies.

Sooooo, once again. I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I just couldn't deal with the constant obsessing that I was doing with the whole Disney thing. It was hard enough waiting but thinking about it for almost 90 days almost killed us! :crazy2:

I promise to keep you all updated. Applications for fall will drop at the end of January and we will be first in line again to apply. Thank you to ALL of you for your support and encouragement. It truly has meant the world to me. We are approaching the end of the fall semester - 4 weeks and then only a few classes in the spring and BAM we are graduates. :cool1:

I'm working on obtaining an internship here in Charleston now. I hope to find something in hotels, obviously. I have probably sent out 20 applications in the past week and I also have the department heads of the school assisting me. So, please keep us in your prayers and I will continue to read about your wonderful adventures and live vicariously through your magical journeys party:

Love to all!
Debbie

Total bummer, but you have an awesome outlook!! The way you're explaining it does make a lot of sense to have an internship post graduation, maybe more likely to get a permanent position after! Keep us posted!

I'm sorry you guys didn't make it! Maybe the late notice was that you were on the fence which would make you good for next time. Hopefully. Looking forward to hearing about your next try!

War Eagle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter