2014 ABD Itineraries. We have a Release date!

Cool, thank you. I'm with you now - got there eventually! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry, I wasn't intentionally trying to be vague. All of the info was in sayhello's first post. I assumed everyone had started at the very beginning. It's a very good place to start, you know. ;)

Sorry, I wasn't intentionally trying to be vague. All of the info was in sayhello's first post. I assumed everyone had started at the very beginning. It's a very good place to start, you know. ;)

No it was me being daft - somehow I'd gone back to look at the link and seen the one about half way down the first page which was the link to sign up as an Insider, not the 2014 link at all! Silly old bear...

If we request a brochure on release date, are the new ones generally available?

Was thinking about tours last night, Disney should add Cuba :)

This destination fascinates me too! But I think it's very unlikely to be offered as an ABD. All of the current trips offered to Cuba are offered as cultural exchanges, most by tour companies that specialize in say photography, sports, nature, cultural interactions, etc. Friend who have been say its still very tough traveling; the travel infrastructure that ABDs are known for providing is just not there, and it would be pretty unsuitable for kids or older folks with health or mobility concerns. The companies offering tours now are marketing them to people not as a vacation, but as a unique cultural experience, and I just don't see that as Disney's niche- they like to offer multigenerational seamless vacations, and there are too many variables in Cuba right now to offer anything close to seamless!

This destination fascinates me too! But I think it's very unlikely to be offered as an ABD. All of the current trips offered to Cuba are offered as cultural exchanges, most by tour companies that specialize in say photography, sports, nature, cultural interactions, etc. Friend who have been say its still very tough traveling; the travel infrastructure that ABDs are known for providing is just not there, and it would be pretty unsuitable for kids or older folks with health or mobility concerns. The companies offering tours now are marketing them to people not as a vacation, but as a unique cultural experience, and I just don't see that as Disney's niche- they like to offer multigenerational seamless vacations, and there are too many variables in Cuba right now to offer anything close to seamless!
Thanks for this insight! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Plus travel to Cuba will really ailienate a large Cuban population living in the U.S. in FLORIDA (thanks to that dictator). Talk about bad press for Disney.:rolleyes1

You know I was going through all the trips, and I wonder if they will have some early 2015 dates too.

I know that is SOOOOO far in advance, but I noticed Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos already has dates for early 2014, and it was just making me wonder since I really want to go on this trip, if they will release a few 2015 dates too...

Plus not going to lie, booking something this expensive this far in advance is MUCH easier on me as I can make smaller monthly payments vs large lump sums. Especially since I will be paying the single supp on this particular trip.

That is just me, and more food for thought. Plus I know Jan-April is a good time to visit those three countries as it typically their dry seasons.

Just a few random thoughts from me, as I am seriously trying to stay patient until the 22nd.

You know I was going through all the trips, and I wonder if they will have some early 2015 dates too.

I know that is SOOOOO far in advance, but I noticed Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos already has dates for early 2014, and it was just making me wonder since I really want to go on this trip, if they will release a few 2015 dates too...

Plus not going to lie, booking something this expensive this far in advance is MUCH easier on me as I can make smaller monthly payments vs large lump sums. Especially since I will be paying the single supp on this particular trip.

That is just me, and more food for thought. Plus I know Jan-April is a good time to visit those three countries as it typically their dry seasons.

Just a few random thoughts from me, as I am seriously trying to stay patient until the 22nd.
If they had early-the-next-year dates in 2013 (for 2014), it's a good bet they'll have them in 2014 (for 2015). It usually has to do with when the good tourist times are in that particular location.

Sayhello

If they had early-the-next-year dates in 2013 (for 2014), it's a good bet they'll have them in 2014 (for 2015). It usually has to do with when the good tourist times are in that particular location.

Sayhello

You pay the single supp usually right? Do you feel there are ANY issues with being a single traveler on the tours?

I am just trying to determine if A: I really want to do it that soon & B: if I can swing it.

I sell small crafts at craft fairs for my travel money I know I can make enough for Italy, but I would have to put in a LOT Of extra hours to swing Cambodia... but I am slightly worried that they may not offer it too much longer, it just doesn't seem like an ideal trip for most people (I could be wrong I know, but I know how the people around me can respond to vacations in that area)

I have a very slow week this week, so I am crunching numbers.

I am thinking the single supp on that trip would be around 6200 right?

You pay the single supp usually right? Do you feel there are ANY issues with being a single traveler on the tours?

I am just trying to determine if A: I really want to do it that soon & B: if I can swing it.

I sell small crafts at craft fairs for my travel money I know I can make enough for Italy, but I would have to put in a LOT Of extra hours to swing Cambodia... but I am slightly worried that they may not offer it too much longer, it just doesn't seem like an ideal trip for most people (I could be wrong I know, but I know how the people around me can respond to vacations in that area)

I have a very slow week this week, so I am crunching numbers.

I am thinking the single supp on that trip would be around 6200 right?
Well, we haven't heard back from anyone who has been on the Cambodia trip yet, so it's hard to tell. But one of the Adventure Guides, Jennae, has been posting while guiding this trip, and it looks spectacular. I think this trip is totally an ideal trip for the folks who want to go to Asia, but don't want to do it on their own. A lot of people only splurge on ABD's if it's somewhere they wouldn't feel comfortable doing on their own. The China trip is very successful. I honestly can't imagine it not being offered again, but I guess we'll see in a couple of days!

Yes, I always travel solo, so I always pay the single supplement. It's usually around 40% of the per person double occupancy price. Assuming the pricing is similar to what it is today, the price, with the Single supplement, should be around $6789 (but I would expect the price to go up a bit. That's another advantage of booking a 2015 trip offered in 2014, is that the price is likely to be less).

I see no issues taking these trips as a single traveler. The groups tend to become pretty close, and everyone is pretty inclusive. I've always had folks ask me to join them for OYO time if I wanted, had people be receptive if I asked to join them, and all the trips I've been on have had single people on them (some traveling with a friend or sibling or something, others traveling solo like me).

Sayhello

Hi Folks,

Just a note to let you know that the Dreams Unlimited Travel website will be updated and ready to go for Adventure Insiders on Wednesday, May 22 and new Guests on Thursday, May 23rd.

Dreams will be offering a sizable booking discount on your new ABD reservations.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Folks,

Just a note to let you know that the Dreams Unlimited Travel website will be updated and ready to go for Adventure Insiders on Wednesday, May 22 and new Guests on Thursday, May 23rd.

Dreams will be offering a sizable booking discount on your new ABD reservations.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks,
Kevin

What time do these go live? Super excited if it is Midnight I am pretty sure I will wait up. lol like I said I am kid the night before Christmas right now

Looks like Disney posted a pic of Prague Astronomical Clock, so jealous of those that will be going on that trip. Not sure what it is yet, but goodness knows I have always wanted to go to Czech!

I heard this clock is amazing!

:) I really need to go find work to do....

What time do these go live? Super excited if it is Midnight I am pretty sure I will wait up. lol like I said I am kid the night before Christmas right now

Last year, past guests received an invitation for an "online event" which was actually just a video featuring the new itineraries for 2013. I remember staying up to watch it at midnight. I don't recall if the rates and dates were on the website at that point (I think maybe they weren't), but I know they were there by the time I got up the next morning (which is usually around 5:30AM). I'll probably be staying up to check at midnight this time too, although I don't know why since there won't be anybody at ABD at that time to answer the phones anyway.

Last year, past guests received an invitation for an "online event" which was actually just a video featuring the new itineraries for 2013. I remember staying up to watch it at midnight. I don't recall if the rates and dates were on the website at that point (I think maybe they weren't), but I know they were there by the time I got up the next morning (which is usually around 5:30AM). I'll probably be staying up to check at midnight this time too, although I don't know why since there won't be anybody at ABD at that time to answer the phones anyway.

and I won't be booking at midnight, I plan on booking the first week of June... but still I am anxious to see which trip I am planning lol

and I won't be booking at midnight, I plan on booking the first week of June... but still I am anxious to see which trip I am planning lol

ABD opens at 9am EST and 6am PST.

No one will be booking prior to them opening the phone lines.

I am not sure when ABD will release the new information on their site.

Sent my DU booking form in today :)

Presume I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my confirmation? The suspense is killing me already!

I just want to share exactly what I was worried about has occured. lol I am overwhelmed with deciding what I want to do lol.

All of the trips look amazing.

Well I guess I can use today, looking at my options, especially since technically my booking day can't occur until tomorrow.

:)

Sent my DU booking form in today :)

Presume I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my confirmation? The suspense is killing me already!

Still in suspense, has anyone had a booking confirmation yet today?

Still in suspense, has anyone had a booking confirmation yet today?

I have your reservation and ABD has your info.

The date you've selected wasnt loaded into their system for some reason.

Just waiting for confirmation. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter