• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

When are they gonna freakin release any info, or even a link to the Happiest Haunts Tour?!?! This is driving me nuts! You can book the tour (since they start in less than 25 days from now, but you don't know what you're booking. Arggggg
They've been extra slow in info releases this year :(

I have a question about the hoppers for MHP. I asked a CM over the phone when I bought my ticket for the party on the 6th. I asked how many times can I hop to both parks and she said as many times as I want to. The only reason I'm asking is because I want to see Cars land with all the Halloween decorations, but I don't want to miss Toontown preparty. I wanted to do the toontown party first then go and see Carsland then go back to Disneyland after that to get trick or treating in.
Parkhoppers have never had a limit on how many times you can hop and since the website says they are park-hoppers I wouldn't worry.

In the past, the pre-party in Toontown has started an hour before the party, right? Are the rides still going in Toontown at that point, or do they close them down once the party starts? I'm assuming they'd be very crowded if open, but I'm curious.
I recall seeing Roger Rabbit and Gadget's Go Coaster both running during the pre-party. Yes, the pre-party ran for two hours last year and started one hour before the party (e.g., from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on a night when the party started at 7:00 pm).

I wonder when Halloween itself will sell out?! Is that $120 price point holding some people back?
I think Halloween hasn't "sold out" online yet because it's a Tuesday night. The two Fridays before Halloween were also $120 and they've sold out. So while the price point might be a sticking point for some, I think the day of the week is probably the biggest drawback. My guess is that Halloween if had been a Friday or Saturday, it probably would have sold out by now.

I have a question about the hoppers for MHP. I asked a CM over the phone when I bought my ticket for the party on the 6th. I asked how many times can I hop to both parks and she said as many times as I want to. The only reason I'm asking is because I want to see Cars land with all the Halloween decorations, but I don't want to miss Toontown preparty. I wanted to do the toontown party first then go and see Carsland then go back to Disneyland after that to get trick or treating in.
I doubt that there will be any limits on how many times you can hop between the parks. My guess is that you can hop back and forth between the parks all night long (if you wanted), but they're probably figuring that most party goers will spend the majority of the party time over in DL (where the party exclusive activities happen). I'd almost be tempted to reverse your plan...you have three hours before the party. The pre-party starts one hour before the party, so that would leave you one to two hours (depending on how early you want to get in line for the pre-party (assuming there is one)) to check out Carsland. Otherwise, you'll have to use party time to visit Carsland...and potentially miss some of the party exclusive activities.

There goes my plan to ride PPF during the party for lower waits! ;)
Try catching it right when the party starts, while they are clearing out the regular day guests. I have found in the past that Fantasyland is almost empty right when the party starts. If not then, you can always get in line right before the party ends to get in one last ride.:earsboy:

Try catching it right when the party starts, while they are clearing out the regular day guests. I have found in the past that Fantasyland is almost empty right when the party starts. If not then, you can always get in line right before the party ends to get in one last ride.:earsboy:
It probably is. That's when most people willing to pay the high price for a ticket are lining up for some of the hard to meet characters. We lined up for the characters in the Toontown preparty one night and the villains the other night we were there. But if you don't want to meet the characters, I imagine the PPF line would be pretty low.

That's interesting (and good to know). We had the opposite experience for Star Tours a couple years back; the line right at the start of the party was still really long (>45 minutes) because there was a mixture of day guests and MHP guests in the line (i.e., the day guests hadn't cleared out yet and MHP guests were still taking advantage of the 3-hour overlap). I've generally found that the lines were shortest right at the end of the party...especially for the parties that end at midnight.

Am I the only one wondering if the pre-party will be in DCA this year?

That's interesting (and good to know). We had the opposite experience for Star Tours a couple years back; the line right at the start of the party was still really long (>45 minutes) because there was a mixture of day guests and MHP guests in the line (i.e., the day guests hadn't cleared out yet and MHP guests were still taking advantage of the 3-hour overlap). I've generally found that the lines were shortest right at the end of the party...especially for the parties that end at midnight.
I have actually seen the same thing. For some reason a lot of the crowd congregates at Tomorrowland at the start of the party. Probably people coming in decide to hit the trails and rides in the first area they come to. Of course it has been a few years since we have gone and I have no idea how the new hopping option will effect crowd patterns.

I'm in the group of "when the heck are the going to release the October schedule" :furious:

I did order something to wear for MHP ... hopefully it'll fit and work out. If it looks like it will I'll post more about it.

Made a late lunch reservation for the day we get in (October 21). We arrive at SNA at 2:16, plan to Uber/Lyft to our hotel, and made a 3:40 reservation at Cafe Orleans.

Just waiting for the schedule to come out to make a reservation for Carthay Circle WOC lunch, and plan some more what to do after "lunch"/4:30 p.m. on Saturday (projected crowds of 9/10) and Sunday (7/10).

I'm in the group of "when the heck are the going to release the October schedule" :furious:

I want out of the waiting group!!! Come on Disney help us out.. I have 4 days till our 60 day window opens up and really want to book the WOC des package for arrival night and a Cafe Orleans Fantasmic for the next night since it is only running on weekends.

I'm trying to figure out what to wear for a costume, I bought a pair of Cheshire ears and tail the other day and am thinking of making a tutu to wear over some leggings. I don't want to be to hot or uncomfortable.

We are doing the 10/3 party for my daughters 4th birthday. This is our first time doing the DL party and I was hoping to get the dinner package at Blue Bayou but it appears sold out online. There is a 3:30 lunch reservation but that does not include the package.

Is it possible to get a decent spot for the parade without the package or anybody staking out a spot for hours before? She is excited for trick or treating so I know we will be doing that first thing.

On the party nights, which park tends to be busier in the hours leading up the party? Is California Adventure any less crowded because non-party guests people are trying to get Disneyland time in?

Trying to figure out what our plan will be for our trip. We want to purchase a park ticket on top our party because we can only stay for 3 days and want to make the most of it.

We only have a 1 day ticket for Disneyland plus the Halloween party. So definitely plan on starting at DCA. I want to see the decorations - I don't think we'll stay there long (hour tops) before heading back over to Disneyland. I remember it being CRAZY crowded the 3 hours between the regular park service and party.

We are doing the 10/3 party for my daughters 4th birthday. This is our first time doing the DL party and I was hoping to get the dinner package at Blue Bayou but it appears sold out online. There is a 3:30 lunch reservation but that does not include the package.

Is it possible to get a decent spot for the parade without the package or anybody staking out a spot for hours before? She is excited for trick or treating so I know we will be doing that first thing.
I never stake out a spot or buy a dinner package and always get a good parade spot for the 2nd parade. The crowds aren't as large at the parties as they are on a normal park day. Fireworks is a completely different situation as there will be a huge crowd in front of the castle so, plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Made a late lunch reservation for the day we get in (October 21). We arrive at SNA at 2:16, plan to Uber/Lyft to our hotel, and made a 3:40 reservation at Cafe Orleans.

Silly me, trying for 90 minutes between landing and a reservation ... on a Saturday ... when the parks are expected to be a 9.

Changed it to 4:30, which gives us 2.25 hours to get in from SNA, Uber/Lyft, check in, and get to the parks. Hoping to change to a "Fantasmic" package once those are out.

Does Jack Skellington meet during the day outside of party times typically?
Yes, I saw both him and Sally (sometimes together, sometime not) during the day last year (and in years before that). He usually meets somewhere in NOS; last year it was in the area next to the Port Royal Store, but it can/does move.

Changed it to 4:30, which gives us 2.25 hours to get in from SNA, Uber/Lyft, check in, and get to the parks. Hoping to change to a "Fantasmic" package once those are out.
You're braver than me! I'd spend that entire amount of time stressing out about whether I'd make it to the reservation or not. More than likely you'll be fine, but all it takes is a delayed flight, traffic, delays at security, etc. to eat up that time. Alas, given that you want a F! dining package, you can't really wait until you've gotten to DLR to make a reservation. Good luck!

On a side note, the Cafe Orleans F! dining packages are already available for the 10/21...

wowza!! prices really went up this year. And only 2 nights a week this time. Wasn't there 3 last year? We've gone the last 6 years, so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter