• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 and 2019 Extended Points Outcomes

Hi
SSR June UY
All of my 2019 points have been banked into 2020. But I can't use them. I tried booking a trip for Apr-21 and it tells me I am outside my booking window.

The period I am trying to book is 4/22/21 to 4/30/21 @ SSR. That is within my booking window of 11 months for my home resort. Did they put restrictions on these points that they cannot be used at 11 months out?

That is a new one The problem right now is nothing has ever been in writing so it could be a glitch..or, something else,

Guess a call is in order?

They never promised "full conversion" until "after 6-5." I'd give this until at least overnight to clear itself up. There may be some batch stuff that has yet to run yet. All we can see is that they are "there." The functionality and use of them may be a different step entirely.

My 2019 June UY points were banked into 2020 today as well. :D

As for the 2018 UY banked points, that is still being worked on. Either way, my understanding those will be similar to points transferred in from another member
where you won't be able to see them online. You will have to call member services to use those previously banked points for reservations.

All 89 of my cancelled June 2019 points have been automatically banked into June 2020 by DVC at midday today, June 3rd.

I was told when I called about it a couple of weeks ago, that I would have to call back to reallocate them to already booked future stays...so that's what I'm assuming I'll have to do. Gonna wait until it calms down some to do that, though. No sense in holding on the phone for an hour or more and tying up the line for someone else when I can wait a month or two and accomplish the same thing.

If you can see them online then I'd bet you can reallocate them yourself. MS probably just didn't want to bring that up assuming they even know it can be done by us.

I’m not sure if I’m on the right thread... but had to cancel 4/4/20 trip for the obvious reasons. I was told I had to use 150 of borrowed points by 11/30, which I cannot do. Then I was told they’d become Vacation RCI points which I don’t particularly want but will reluctantly do. Then I get an email telling me that Dvc will restore such points to those with UYs up to I think October. My UY is December so I’m still boxed out. Do you think there’s a possibility they’ll extend out to December?

I’m not sure if I’m on the right thread... but had to cancel 4/4/20 trip for the obvious reasons. I was told I had to use 150 of borrowed points by 11/30, which I cannot do. Then I was told they’d become Vacation RCI points which I don’t particularly want but will reluctantly do. Then I get an email telling me that Dvc will restore such points to those with UYs up to I think October. My UY is December so I’m still boxed out. Do you think there’s a possibility they’ll extend out to December?

Borrowed points are being returned. Call or email.

Really? I chatted yesterday and said no good? Hope you’re right.

Returning borrowed points isn't restricted by any UY. Definitely call back. It's only the banking extensions that are for certain UY's.

I had a 2 week rerservation 74/-7/18 using all of my 2018 banked points and some 2019 points
Now that the resortrs are open I was told I have to use the 2018 points before the begning of my new use year so by September or go to RCI or book before 9/30
So I book a week and the end of September using my 2018 points.
I invited some family members and now the kicker is I can't buy park tickets for us.
Now I really feal cheated by Disney
Oh what to do?

I had a 2 week rerservation 74/-7/18 using all of my 2018 banked points and some 2019 points
Now that the resortrs are open I was told I have to use the 2018 points before the begning of my new use year so by September or go to RCI or book before 9/30
So I book a week and the end of September using my 2018 points.
I invited some family members and now the kicker is I can't buy park tickets for us.
Now I really feal cheated by Disney
Oh what to do?

I am so sorry and it’s tough. But, we don’t know yet when ticket sales will open up...by the time they do, you still may be able to reserve park days.

Unfortunately, DVC ownership and access To parks isn’t required they can’t extend your points....but it doesn’t make It any less frustrating.

Once we see how the new park reservation system works...rumored 2nd to 3rd week of June for details, you will have a better idea.

I called in right at 9 EST and the wait was only 11 minutes yesterday. I called again in the evening and it was 45 minutes. Both after redialing from busy signals.

End result -- they banked 2019 points from a canceled March reservation that had expired June 1. I called and requested those points to be allocated to my July reservation. MS was able to do that and now all my 2020 points shows as "bankable" for next year if I want to do that. Go to the My Vacation Points option, and you will see both Currently Available Points and Points Available to Bank -- if they are the same, you know the re-allocation was done. You can also look at the detailed transaction activity.

I called in right at 9 EST and the wait was only 11 minutes yesterday. I called again in the evening and it was 45 minutes. Both after redialing from busy signals.

End result -- they banked 2019 points from a canceled March reservation that had expired June 1. I called and requested those points to be allocated to my July reservation. MS was able to do that and now all my 2020 points shows as "bankable" for next year if I want to do that. Go to the My Vacation Points option, and you will see both Currently Available Points and Points Available to Bank -- if they are the same, you know the re-allocation was done. You can also look at the detailed transaction activity.
our reservation was in april and we are also June UY.. points expired may 31st and keep getting told to call back. Every cast member gives me a different date. But will call again tomorrow! Glad yours is all set!!

our reservation was in april and we are also June UY.. points expired may 31st and keep getting told to call back. Every cast member gives me a different date. But will call again tomorrow! Glad yours is all set!!
Check online and see if you can find the points being “unexpired” and added to 2020 UY for one (or more) of your contracts. You will then have until May 31, 2021 to use them. If you have a current reservation, call MS and ask them to re-allocate points for that reservation to use the banked points first.

This week, we should begin to see actual reports of what members with these points will be able to do with them,

I thought it would be good to post final outcomes, including how and when you used the , the UY and are they being reallocated into reservations already in place.

I am an August UY. I have 14 2018 points that were returned from a May reservation and need to be used by July 31 or be lost. If I had just left them in my account I would now have an extension of their use but I made a reservation for July 28 with them. I would rather not drive to Florida for 1 day. Going by their new guidelines, I cannot now cancel and have those 14 points extended since the resorts will be open then.

I want to call and explain that the 14 points are originally from a cancelled May reservation and can't they please give me an extension if I cancel the July 28 reservation; where I put those 14 points before they would expire.

Has anyone had success with a similar situation of getting an extension of 2018 points? Is it worth my time to call member services to ask?

I am an August UY. I have 14 2018 points that were returned from a May reservation and need to be used by July 31 or be lost. If I had just left them in my account I would now have an extension of their use but I made a reservation for July 28 with them. I would rather not drive to Florida for 1 day. Going by their new guidelines, I cannot now cancel and have those 14 points extended since the resorts will be open then.

I want to call and explain that the 14 points are originally from a cancelled May reservation and can't they please give me an extension if I cancel the July 28 reservation; where I put those 14 points before they would expire.

Has anyone had success with a similar situation of getting an extension of 2018 points? Is it worth my time to call member services to ask?

So far, they have said that anyone who had points from a canceled trip and then used them for a trip that is now at a time that will be open, those points are not qualified.

Even the ones that will be eligible wont be extended until after they expire,

So, even if you got the exception, it wouldn't be until Aug 1st for a stay before November 30th.

IMO, I’d send an email to MS vs call right now because CMs on the phone don’t have the power if that is the rule...and I have heard it reported here and elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter