• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

Has anybody seen people (not CL) successfully get SDD FP? I haven't seen much talk about it? Oops sorry this is TSMM thread, not TSL thread. :headache: Carry on....

We were there last night May 2.
Based on what I read here. We did not attempt to rope drop TSMM. Instead we hit it at the end of the night and it was indeed the best plan. We were in Epcot and left there in our vehicle for HS maybe around 8:15pm or so. We arrived at HS and I had a FP for all of us to do ToT. We did that and then I picked up a FP for half my crew to do Rockin Rollercoaster while the others headed to TSMM. We got in line there at around 8:50/9pm. We waited maybe 10 mins if that. We rode and got right back in line and rode again. This wait was no more than 5 mins. The other half of my party had time to do the same and rode TSMM twice after Rockin Rollercoaster. Really we could have had time for a 3rd ride if we wanted but we headed over to watch the Star Wars fireworks show and saw a large portion of it even with riding TSMM twice.

Now mind you that Touring Plans said HS was a 1 out of 10 yesterday on the crowd scale. Not sure if they stuck with that number or changed it.

Thank you to everyone who posted and told us the time they devoted to waking early to wait at rope drop, then rush to TSMM, then risk waiting again unless you were at the very front of the rope drop line. Versus the end of the night plan.

Now mind you that Touring Plans said HS was a 1 out of 10 yesterday on the crowd scale. Not sure if they stuck with that number or changed it.

It was a 2 yesterday.

We tried that on Mon 4/30 and at 8:30 it was still 40 mins ( according to TP not Disney). We couldn't wait until 9 (kids were toast). That was a little bit busier day though (3 or 4 I think so still light). But RD that day was nuts. 90 mins pretty much right away.

It was a 2 yesterday.

We tried that on Mon 4/30 and at 8:30 it was still 40 mins ( according to TP not Disney). We couldn't wait until 9 (kids were toast). That was a little bit busier day though (3 or 4 I think so still light). But RD that day was nuts. 90 mins pretty much right away.

Posted waits are intentionally inflated at night to discourage late riders. The posted wait on both TP and Disney at about 8:30 Monday through the end of the evening was 40 minutes, but you can almost always count on the posted wait at TSM to be about 4 times the actual wait late at night. I'd be willing to bet that the actual wait was only 10 minutes on Monday.

Now the question is: Will we be able to make FPs on 5/9 for any day through June 30th or will there just be same-day FPs???? I guess we'll have our answer on the 9th, but I want to know now!!! :)

I think it is the 8th, not the 9th, that they are expected to be back. I guess I will have to be at my computer at 7am again that day to see if I can switch one of my HS FPs for a TSMM FP during my late May trip.

In addition to not knowing whether/when FP will be available for TSMM, do we know whether it is still operating on just one track or has multiple tracks open? If FP is not available for my trip later this month, I would feel better about having to wait in SB if I knew that all three tracks were operating and available for the SB queue.

In addition to not knowing whether/when FP will be available for TSMM, do we know whether it is still operating on just one track or has multiple tracks open? If FP is not available for my trip later this month, I would feel better about having to wait in SB if I knew that all three tracks were operating and available for the SB queue.

Pretty sure they have been only operating 1 track since it went to SB only and is expected to stay that way until sometime around the 8th. At this point anything is possible after that is finished, but seems unlikely they would open up all 3 tracks and leave it SB only. Especially since they gave day-of FPs when the expected closure was delayed in April.

I think it is the 8th, not the 9th, that they are expected to be back. I guess I will have to be at my computer at 7am again that day to see if I can switch one of my HS FPs for a TSMM FP during my late May trip.

Yes, that was a typo in my post. I just never went back an edited it.

Pretty sure they have been only operating 1 track since it went to SB only and is expected to stay that way until sometime around the 8th. At this point anything is possible after that is finished, but seems unlikely they would open up all 3 tracks and leave it SB only. Especially since they gave day-of FPs when the expected closure was delayed in April.

Only one track operating yesterday.

Posted waits are intentionally inflated at night to discourage late riders. The posted wait on both TP and Disney at about 8:30 Monday through the end of the evening was 40 minutes, but you can almost always count on the posted wait at TSM to be about 4 times the actual wait late at night. I'd be willing to bet that the actual wait was only 10 minutes on Monday.

I didn't think TP inflated them. They have no reason to and have an incentive not to to show that they are more accurate and with paying for. I doubt it was 10 minutes an hour before closing. Half an hour before closing, probably getting close.

I didn't think TP inflated them. They have no reason to and have an incentive not to to show that they are more accurate and with paying for. I doubt it was 10 minutes an hour before closing. Half an hour before closing, probably getting close.

TP was reporting the same posted wait times as Disney On Monday because no Touring Plans users had reported any actual wait times that evening.

The line for this ride almost always gets really short in the evening. We’ve visited on several crowd level 8 days and have been able to ride up to 4 times during the last hour of operation when the actual wait drops to 15 minutes or less. The posted waits are usually in the 50-90 minute range. This is why I feel that late night is a much better use of time than rope drop for multiple rides on the headliners.

Disney uses a process known as Line Stacking to make the line appear to be longer than it really is. I first learned about these tricks in the 1999 Unofficial Guide so it’s nothing new.

I've been trying to snag a FP for TSMM the last week of May to no avail. Is the ride still down to one track?

You can read through here, but they have not released FPs for May8-June 29th yet. We are all waiting to see what happens this week after we pass the May 7th date or so.

When I was there 4/28, only the third track was running. While in line, you could hear construction next door in the track 1 and 2 queue.

I just tried to schedule a fastpass for my trip in June. I wasn't sure what Disney meant about fastpasses not be available through June 7th. (I wasn't sure if they were to be available today or tomorrow.) Anyways, they were not available as of 7:00 a.m. this morning. I guess that I will keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter