A good backpack or crossbody bag for women?

I carry a Harvey ParkHopper bag in the park - usually my Mickey Colorblock - I love it because it can hold a ton, I can wear it as a shoulder bag, crossbody or a backpack and if it gets dirty it’s made out of seatbelts and is easy to clean. I have a ton of Disney Dooney bags too and use them daily but not in the parks.

I carry a Harvey ParkHopper bag in the park - usually my Mickey Colorblock - I love it because it can hold a ton, I can wear it as a shoulder bag, crossbody or a backpack and if it gets dirty it’s made out of seatbelts and is easy to clean. I have a ton of Disney Dooney bags too and use them daily but not in the parks.

That's cute! I looked at a few Harveys, but they just seemed to be so heavy. I'm sure it's because they're made from seatbelts. Does yours seem heavy to you as compared so, say, a leather bag of the same size?

I have been having such fun looking up all your recommendations! I may end up buying 3 or 4 bags if this keeps up.

For now, the one I keep coming back to purely for cuteness is this one from Loungefly: I went ahead and ordered it. It's maybe not as practical as some of the messenger or crossbody type, but just the fact that I kept looking at it clued me in. So we'll see how it looks.

upload_2019-3-24_17-37-35.png

... If I have a jacket, it goes around my waist..even my winter down coat. It isn't heavy or anything...
Now that the winter/spring sales have started, look into the compact down jackets that pack into a pocket or a little bag. I love those for the parks! They pack so small that I can squish them into one of my park bags or clip them to the shoulder strap with a small carabiner. And the light windbreaker/slicker jackets that pack into a pocket/bag -- those are great for summer! I found one with a Mickey print -- the security CMs made me open it (they couldn't believe it was really a jacket!) and were asking where I got it!

I got one of those cute diaper bag packsacks. Got mine on Amazon for about $30.00. My daughter is four so didn't really need a "diaper Bag" but there are so many cute ones.

Now that the winter/spring sales have started, look into the compact down jackets that pack into a pocket or a little bag. I love those for the parks! They pack so small that I can squish them into one of my park bags or clip them to the shoulder strap with a small carabiner. And the light windbreaker/slicker jackets that pack into a pocket/bag -- those are great for summer! I found one with a Mickey print -- the security CMs made me open it (they couldn't believe it was really a jacket!) and were asking where I got it!
And where DID you get it? Do you have a link?

So the winter coat I have, it came with a bag. But I lost the bag about 4 years ago outside of Space Mountain somewhere lol. I should get another for it.

I got one of those cute diaper bag packsacks. Got mine on Amazon for about $30.00. My daughter is four so didn't really need a "diaper Bag" but there are so many cute ones.
Reminds me of the Petunia Pickle bottom diaper bags.Even though they are technically diaper bags, they could pass as a backpack.

And where DID you get it? Do you have a link?
It's this one (from a few seasons ago): UNIQLO Jackets & Coats | UNIQLO x Disney Mickey Mouse Pocketable .... I have it in two colors and love them both!
This one is cute, too: https://www.etsy.com/listing/592097949/disney-packable-rain-jacketcoat?ref=shop_home_feat_3&bes=1.

So the winter coat I have, it came with a bag. But I lost the bag about 4 years ago outside of Space Mountain somewhere lol. I should get another for it.
I think I've seen just the bags for sale (around $3?), so it shouldn't be hard to find one. I'm surprised I haven't lost mine yet...

Last edited:
After carrying small crossbodies during my WDW trips, when I made my first DL trip I bought a backpack in the park that has been a go-to bag of mine. It's not namebrand and has acartoon strip design all over. I like that it has a pouch on the outside for a water bottle and plenty of room inside to store a jacket, my camera, etc... but is still a lightweight bag.

This is super cute!

There are so many cute "diaper bag" backpacks, esp. the Petunia Picklebottom ones. I'd be inclined to get one and just ditch the changing pad and call it a backpack.

One of the best purchases I ever made was a Vera Zip ID. It's thinner than the thinnest wallet and there's enough room for cash and a bit of change as well as my driver's license, hotel key, hopper, & 2 credit cards with a bit of room to spare. It has a ring on it that I hook on the key lanyard of my Disney Dooney. No more worry about a dropped or forgotten wallet. And as much as I hate to think it, someone pinching it out of my purse. I don't use it every day, but it's great when I want to conserve space.
These look awesome. I keep stealing my daughter's thin wallet to use, but this looks better. I like that it has a little pouch for change. I was considering just a card holder, but I like the pouch and the window front. I just found this adorable one from Coach: https://www.amazon.com/COACH-Womens...ocphy=9033351&hvtargid=pla-568127504879&psc=1
shopping
shopping

This is super cute!

These look awesome. I keep stealing my daughter's thin wallet to use, but this looks better. I like that it has a little pouch for change. I was considering just a card holder, but I like the pouch and the window front. I just found this adorable one from Coach: https://www.amazon.com/COACH-Womens-Minnie-Skinny-¿Disney/dp/B07D9NT3N4/ref=asc_df_B07D9NT3N4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309955763012&hvpos=1o30&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10427386969269124178&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033351&hvtargid=pla-568127504879&psc=1
shopping
shopping

I have one. I don't like it as well as the Vera. The Coach definitely does NOT have as much room, it's stiff and doesn't 'give' much so you can't get as much in the zip pouch & a license and credit cards are very difficult to get in & out of the little front slots. I honestly don't use it much and would not use it at Disney simply because it's too 'fiddly' to get things in and out of. I use it if I only need to carry my license, 1 credit card, and a small bit of cash. I can get twice as much in my Vera; license, 2-3 credit cards, hopper, hotel keycard, and around $100.00 cash & change. And getting the cards in and out of the Vera is easy-peasy.

Before you buy it, I suggest you go to your nearest Coach store. They usually have them in store and you can play with it and see how it works for you. If there's an outlet store near you they have the knock off ones there, same thing, you can play with them. I ordered mine from Coach online, but if I'd gone into the store to play with them, I admit I probably wouldn't have bought it.

I have one. I don't like it as well as the Vera. The Coach definitely does NOT have as much room, it's stiff and doesn't 'give' much so you can't get as much in the zip pouch & a license and credit cards are very difficult to get in & out of the little front slots. I honestly don't use it much and would not use it at Disney simply because it's too 'fiddly' to get things in and out of. I use it if I only need to carry my license, 1 credit card, and a small bit of cash. I can get twice as much in my Vera; license, 2-3 credit cards, hopper, hotel keycard, and around $100.00 cash & change. And getting the cards in and out of the Vera is easy-peasy.

Before you buy it, I suggest you go to your nearest Coach store. They usually have them in store and you can play with it and see how it works for you. If there's an outlet store near you they have the knock off ones there, same thing, you can play with them. I ordered mine from Coach online, but if I'd gone into the store to play with them, I admit I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Good to know!

That's cute! I looked at a few Harveys, but they just seemed to be so heavy. I'm sure it's because they're made from seatbelts. Does yours seem heavy to you as compared so, say, a leather bag of the same size?

I don’t find it to be all that heavy especially compared to a leather bag. I used to carry a large canvas crossbody that was a little lighter but this is so much easier to clean and I get comments on it all the time carrying it in the parks. One woman actually ordered herself a Harvey while standing in line after seeing mine (her husband was thrilled lol)

This thread is downright dangerous! There are just too many cute Disney bags out there now. So... to continue this thread in a related direction: D23 Expo is coming up this summer and finding a sturdy, practical, cute (!! Bonus points for super cute !!) bag for long days in the ACC has been added to my to-do list. I have the same bag I've used for the past two Expos, but a new bag wouldn't be amiss. Are people using their parks bags or something different for Expo??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter