Air passengers behaving badly

Then there's the fact that I traveled for years without a tracker but considered it a must to get one this year AND checked it constantly to see if it picked it up.
Are you referring to something like an Airtag? I am very seriously considering getting one (or at least an equivalent that works with Android). These stories of people losing their bags are getting more and more common...

Same as I do. I hike and backpack camp a good bit, so I have invested in lightweight clothing that can be layered and laundered by hand very easily. Lightweight performance merino wool and other moisture wicking garments are complete game changers.
I like my khol's tek gear moisture wicking shirts. They have become my go to for my trips where I know I'll be a sweaty mess lol. They also don't wrinkle too badly and they pack up to a small size

Are you referring to something like an Airtag? I am very seriously considering getting one (or at least an equivalent that works with Android). These stories of people losing their bags are getting more and more common...
Yeah, we have the Tile Pros because we're android users. I actually told my husband we needed to get more. Right now we only have 2 meant for checked luggage but I want at least 2 more for carry on moreso in case of gate check.

We bought ours through Tile's website themselves because they had a bit better offer than Amazon, I think it was their premium subscription for a year.

There's pros and cons when comparing Airtag and Tiles such as usability and range but since we're android users airtag was out. The app does pretty well IMO but you can also the app to locate a phone...we've done that when my husband couldn't find his phone, even in silent mode so long as the app is installed it will make a noise. That might be part of the premium subscription not sure, don't remember all the details.

It did give us a piece of mind in terms of being able to say "okay well it's logged as its last connected location as Venice so I know it's here at least" once it gets much closer in feet to you (it does have a more limited range than the suspicions people have for airtag) you can look at the app and it will tell you it's nearby, basically when it's being loaded on the carousel near pickup seems to be about the point it says that.

Also we did buy luggage straps for our bags (first time doing that as well) moreso because we had a black and a gray suitcase which are really common. We got teal ones that are 4 way straps (so they completely encompass the suitcase) for a clearance price at Walmart luckily.

All these concerns these days with travel is exhausting :faint:

Yeah, we have the Tile Pros because we're android users. I actually told my husband we needed to get more. Right now we only have 2 meant for checked luggage but I want at least 2 more for carry on moreso in case of gate check.

We bought ours through Tile's website themselves because they had a bit better offer than Amazon, I think it was their premium subscription for a year.

There's pros and cons when comparing Airtag and Tiles such as usability and range but since we're android users airtag was out. The app does pretty well IMO but you can also the app to locate a phone...we've done that when my husband couldn't find his phone, even in silent mode so long as the app is installed it will make a noise. That might be part of the premium subscription not sure, don't remember all the details.

It did give us a piece of mind in terms of being able to say "okay well it's logged as its last connected location as Venice so I know it's here at least" once it gets much closer in feet to you (it does have a more limited range than the suspicions people have for airtag) you can look at the app and it will tell you it's nearby, basically when it's being loaded on the carousel near pickup seems to be about the point it says that.

Also we did buy luggage straps for our bags (first time doing that as well) moreso because we had a black and a gray suitcase which are really common. We got teal ones that are 4 way straps (so they completely encompass the suitcase) for a clearance price at Walmart luckily.

All these concerns these days with travel is exhausting :faint:
I'm also a Tile user, and I also purchased this year after all of the holiday travel/luggage woes. I will say sometimes I won't get a live location, but as PP mentioned it will show last connected location so that usually is enough for me. And I can confirm the find your phone feature is not a premium feature, as I can do that but don't have a premium membership.

Many flight attendants have told me that the most disgusting thing that they've seen is people going to the airplane restroom in socks or bare feet, precisely because of the uncleanliness of them and the fact that the floors are rarely cleaned.
That is definitely in the top 3.
Please put your shoes on when going to the lav! That isn't just water on the floor.

Calling @fly girl. What were the procedures for your airline?
From the scenario given, it sounds like that crew member was "deadheading" and would be company positive space. They have priority over all other passengers.

PP mentioned jumpseating. Yes, they could occupy the jumpseat if it was available (it not always is) but if they are on company business it is absolutely standard procedure for them to take a passenger seat. The optics look bad if they were in uniform sitting on the jumpseat not working. Granted, they shouldn't be working as they wouldn't be covered for OJI, but passengers would have no idea they are not working crew.

As for demanding that as an employee traveling for pleasure. They can kiss their job goodbye if they worked for my airline. Absolutely no way. :sad2:

Should the crew member made a big stink at the gate? Probably not, but if the gate agent didn't understand they were crew deadheading I can see absolutely why they would get upset. That makes no sense for a gate agent to question that.

Flight attendants has been universal for decades. When someone says stewardess they really date themselves. If you want to sound old by all means go ahead.
I was called stewardess all the time. Didn't phase me one bit. You need a thick skin to deal with the public in a metal tube at 30,000ft. Getting upset over that was never on my radar.

But once I had a passenger that said his daughter wanted to be a flight attendant but he felt it was for the uneducated. I gave him a crash course on his crew -- I graduated with honors from college and (back then) was in pursuit of my masters degree, the flight attendant on the cart with me was a lawyer, and the one that picked up his trash was a school teacher for 25 years. I remember the guy next to him chuckle. Needless to say he felt embarrassed.

That's what I'd like to do for our spring Europe and fall Japan trip for next year. I'm heavily looking at pants that have the zippers that convert to shorts due to the weather as that will help cut down on what we need to pack and many of those are quick drying ones. I got laundry sheets for our cruise we just went on a few weeks ago and did laundry with them in the complimentary washers and they worked out well enough. If they work there they should work in a sink. I'm not saying I'd like to do laundry in a sink but I also don't want to lug more luggage around Europe and Japan than I have to. But length of time we'd be gone is part of the issue I think around 2 weeks give or take a day or two is the timeframe.
We were in Costa Rica for a little over three weeks and still just did the carry on suitcase and backpack. I make sure everything is mix/match. The pants that zip off to shorts are great! I have several pairs of them. I also have several pairs of the quick dry skorts. They can do double duty with a t-shirt/tank top during the day and with a nicer top at night for dinner. I've bought most of my stuff at Eddie Bauer , Craghoppers, and Columbia.

We were in Costa Rica for a little over three weeks and still just did the carry on suitcase and backpack. I make sure everything is mix/match. The pants that zip off to shorts are great! I have several pairs of them. I also have several pairs of the quick dry skorts. They can do double duty with a t-shirt/tank top during the day and with a nicer top at night for dinner. I've bought most of my stuff at Eddie Bauer , Craghoppers, and Columbia.
I'm glad they worked out for you, good for me to know others who have also used them. I'm not sure we have craghoppers around here to try on in person but we do have eddie bauer and columbia. Thanks for the suggestions!

We bought a couple packs of 3 AirTags as we're Apple users and have them in our checked and carry ons and they show up in our FindMy app (we also put one on our dogs' collars). They work really well.

I'm glad they worked out for you, good for me to know others who have also used them. I'm not sure we have craghoppers around here to try on in person but we do have eddie bauer and columbia. Thanks for the suggestions!
Also keep an eye out at Costco, if you have one you can go to. They get at least some of those brands at decent prices (Eddie Bauer, Columbia, Orvis, etc.).

Also keep an eye out at Costco, if you have one you can go to. They get at least some of those brands at decent prices (Eddie Bauer, Columbia, Orvis, etc.).
We do have a Costco and you're right I've seen those brands there as well. Actually one of my fav leggings were Orvis brand purchased at Costco. I've seen travel pants from Eddie Bauer I'm pretty certain. I just haven't seen the zipped pants there, still a good suggestion :)

two problem flights from this summer:

My daughter and grandson flew a couple of weeks ago from JAX to San Diego; they had to take 2 flights. The 2nd flight was pretty delayed, because of weather back east; the incoming flight was late. When they finally got on the plane, she had to listen for the roughly 80 minute flight to the guy sitting across from them ranting and raving about how flights were never late when there was a different guy running the country, and how the late flights were all the current P's fault. She said he ranted and raved the entire flight, from the time he boarded until the time he got off, part of it on the phone and part of it to whomever was listening, about that one subject. He yelled at the people behind him and at the FAs who asked him to quiet down. He made sure he was first off the plane (even though they were 3 rows back). My grandson asked her what the guys problem was...she said too much bad tv...:rotfl:

When I flew from SD to Jax with my grandson a few weeks before that, we flew overnight to Miami, then up to Jax. The overnight flight was rough, as there were four 'influencers' on the flight who would not. shut. up. >:( In the airport, before boarding, they were 'filming'; as they were boarding, they were 'filming'; during the flight, yep, still 'on'. The ones seated behind us kept kicking/kneeing seats (mind you, it was overnight, so people were trying to catch a little sleep and we hadn't reclined yet), putting the tray table up and down, pulling on the back of the seats to pull themselves up so they could talk to each other, etc...they wouldn't stop talking loudly, they were being so rude. After the drink service (which took about 20 minutes after takeoff to hit our seats), I gave them another 20 minutes, then we reclined our seats (the little bit they do) and tried to sleep. AFter another 30 minutes of hearing about face masks, lotions, makeup, shampoos, sleep masks, eye masks, travel bags and booze, )the rest of the plane was dead silent, and maybe 2 seat lights on ahead of us) I pressed the FA button and asked them to please ask the people behind us to be quiet, stop kicking the seats, pulling on them, etc. The FA told them to settle it down and after they walked away, one of the 'influencers' went "well, we have to go because someone doesn't care about our jobs"....you're right, at 1am, I don't.

No bad behavior on my recent flights. Though didn't get home until after 2am because of Atlanta being completely shut down for some time.

two problem flights from this summer:

My daughter and grandson flew a couple of weeks ago from JAX to San Diego; they had to take 2 flights. The 2nd flight was pretty delayed, because of weather back east; the incoming flight was late. When they finally got on the plane, she had to listen for the roughly 80 minute flight to the guy sitting across from them ranting and raving about how flights were never late when there was a different guy running the country, and how the late flights were all the current P's fault. She said he ranted and raved the entire flight, from the time he boarded until the time he got off, part of it on the phone and part of it to whomever was listening, about that one subject. He yelled at the people behind him and at the FAs who asked him to quiet down. He made sure he was first off the plane (even though they were 3 rows back). My grandson asked her what the guys problem was...she said too much bad tv...:rotfl:
Your daughter's response was perfect.

I have a Tile Slim that goes into my checked bag. I've flown about 20 times this year for work and it has always shown me at least that it's in the right city, which is all I'm really looking for. Had a bad experience last year and immediately started using Tile. Allegedly there is going to be a Samsung AirTag clone that will be released shortly, but I've been hearing that for a few years now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter