Am I Wrong for Not Caring About BOG?

SaintsManiac

Wait for it.
On our last 2 trips I've had BOG dinner and lunch reservations that I canceled. The menu does absoutely nothing for us. I have a PPO ADR booked for January, but the prices and menu don't thrill us. I was able to secure a FP for 7DMT at 9:15am that morning and my daughter has already proclaimed that she doesn't want to ride it twice in a row.

Would you cancel it? I would like to actually get in there one day to see the place, but it seems like more of a hassle than a fun dining experience.

I'm not a BOG fan. I've had one lunch and one dinner there, and I'm so not thrilled with the food. (The dinner food was better than lunch.) If you just want to see the place, you could ask them while there, if you may take a quick walk through it. I haven't done this at BOG, but I've made the same request at several other WDW restaurants and they all were OK with it.

Last edited:
I understand your feelings & agree with you. There is so much hoopla surrounding an ADR @ BOG. I would choose someplace else that appeals to you & your family. This restaurant will be around for many years to come, so if you plan to travel to Disney in the future, see it down the road when the frenzy (hopefully) subsides. The staff will not let you in to just "see" the restaurant-it is like standing in front of the Wizard of OZ making a request! If you need to get this out of your system, I would suggest going in & ordering dessert.

I understand your feelings & agree with you. There is so much hoopla surrounding an ADR @ BOG. I would choose someplace else that appeals to you & your family. This restaurant will be around for many years to come, so if you plan to travel to Disney in the future, see it down the road when the frenzy (hopefully) subsides. The staff will not let you in to just "see" the restaurant-it is like standing in front of the Wizard of OZ making a request! If you need to get this out of your system, I would suggest going in & ordering dessert.

Thinking about going the dessert only route for our September trip, as we will be there longer. I just cannot get excited about going there! I felt like something was wrong with me LOL

In the words of Shania Twain, "That don't impress me much." We've been there for lunch and dinner and while it was good I just don't understand the obsession with it. However, I would consider a PPO breakfast but that's because I would look forward to riding SDMT multiple times. If that's not your intent, then I would cancel.

I could take it or leave it but I have 2 girls who say otherwise. So at 180 days I was calling to get their Beast fix.

We’re hoping for an extra SDMT ride or two which is why I have a PPO breakfast booked at BOG. PPO is the only time I’d bother booking a breakfast there because I really prefer the food at dinner. If you really want to see the restaurant, keep it and just order coffee and a cupcake. If the ride doesn’t matter and you don’t care about the restaurant, then cancel and eat somewhere that appeals more to you. Someone who does care about those things would probably love to pick up your ADR!!

We’ve been for lunch and breakfast. The food is not great. Lunch was a little better than breakfast. We did enjoy the head start breakfast gave us with the crowds.

Been to lunch at BOG twice, that was one time too many. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who didn't absolutely have to see the inside of the building. Have heard good things about the Cheshire Cat tails!:ccat:

I’m glad you went with your gut. You shouldn’t go somewhere you don’t feel excited about re: food or atmosphere.

I love BOG because I LOVE BatB. My favorite Disney film. But we also like items on the menu.

Many people really don’t like the atmosphere and describe it as feeling like a cafeteria but that is not my experience. I feel true Disney magic in there.

Everyone is different!

If you don't want to go then don't go.
Personally I absolutely LOVE BOG.
I've only been for lunch. (8 soon to be 9 times)
I would not bother to go for breakfast or dinner.
I definitely wouldn't care about a PPO since the park hours tend to be extended and then the PPO becomes RD.

meh we booked and cancelled Dinner ressies for the last few years since its been open. Last year on our 20th Anniv trip we kept it and now we know, One and done. So not great. Save your money and grab something you like elsewhere.

I'm kind of "meh" about BOG. I've done a lunch. I've done a PPO breakfast. While the IDEA of BOG dinner sounds interesting, I looked at the menu and didn't find anything that really interested me. Sure, I could have found something I wouldn't mind eating--but nothing that excited me.
If even your daughter isn't excited, I wouldn't bother.

If you don't want to go then don't go.
Personally I absolutely LOVE BOG.
I've only been for lunch. (8 soon to be 9 times)
I would not bother to go for breakfast or dinner.
I definitely wouldn't care about a PPO since the park hours tend to be extended and then the PPO becomes RD.

OP, no restaurant is for everybody, so no need to make yourself dine there!! I agree with this poster. We have been many times for lunch and always get the braised pork and french onion soup. Dh & I both love these two dishes. The small cupcake does not appeal. We find much better desserts elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter