Am I Wrong for Not Caring About BOG?

On our last 2 trips I've had BOG dinner and lunch reservations that I canceled. The menu does absoutely nothing for us. I have a PPO ADR booked for January, but the prices and menu don't thrill us. I was able to secure a FP for 7DMT at 9:15am that morning and my daughter has already proclaimed that she doesn't want to ride it twice in a row.

Would you cancel it? I would like to actually get in there one day to see the place, but it seems like more of a hassle than a fun dining experience.

Cancel it OR
if you have never seen the inside,
use your PPO ADR to go inside and just get a couple drinks,
walk around to see all the rooms then leave.

Breakfast is good, fine on QSDP but OOP WAY overpriced.
Lunch is a good lunch for MK QS, fine on QSDP but OOP has now moved to too much for me.
Dinner is .......... meh menu and overpriced, and honestly feels like the loud QS experience I get all day.

If you are not excited to eat somewhere then I would always cancel it. The prices are inflated for what you get, so if you aren't excited about the experience it will be even more painful.

I felt the same way as you OP.

I had very little desire to eat at BOG but there was so much hype surrounding the restaurant and folks always talking it up I figured that there must be something wrong with me! For many trips I kept making those ADRs and cancelling them (mostly because I hate ADRs planning my trips for me but also because the menu didn’t really appeal to me) but this past Nov. my DD who specifically asked if we could go there for a meal because she really wanted to see inside beast castle. I figured breakfast was my best bet so I booked it to surprise her.

Sooooo not worth it. I only ordered one breakfast for us to split. Food was ok, not worth $25 by any stretch of the imagination. And then the chaos - holy chaos Batman! Loud, busy and did I mention chaotic? Took us forever to find a seat for two. We had to stand and watch other diners watch us watch them eat waiting for a table to open up. And it was quite loud as well. We did manage to grab a seat beside the window in the ballroom beside the Christmas tree which was wonderful but I will not waste my time with this restaurant again.

Go with your gut!

We struggled with the menu choices. But, we're always up for trying new things. None of use (3) cared for the food, including dessert. This was some time ago, so I don't know if it's gotten better. For us, it was more about the atmosphere and doing it at least once. We have no ambition to return. One and done.

On our last 2 trips I've had BOG dinner and lunch reservations that I canceled. The menu does absoutely nothing for us. I have a PPO ADR booked for January, but the prices and menu don't thrill us. I was able to secure a FP for 7DMT at 9:15am that morning and my daughter has already proclaimed that she doesn't want to ride it twice in a row.

Would you cancel it? I would like to actually get in there one day to see the place, but it seems like more of a hassle than a fun dining experience.
We like it a lot (have done lunch and PPO breakfast, which always worked like a charm for 7DMT rides), but if you're not interested, skip it and don't give it another thought.

I just wanted to add in that I think based o n hype people may have their expectations of the restaurant set a bit high.
I have a fairly unique experience because I was among the first few families to enter the restaurant on the first day of soft opening.
This means I had no hype to go on, no expectations, no bias going in there one way or the other.
My whole family absolutely loved it and found it absolutely worth going for lunch that first time which is why we continue to go back.
I can understand that if someone is going off of the hype they may be a tad underwhelmed with the food choices in particular although I love sandwiches and fries so its perfect for my tastes and my dad loves a "meal" so he likes the braised pork dinner.
To me its like ok if you don't care to go then don't go but don't come on here and ask if its "wrong" that you don't want to go. Do what you feel is best for you. If that is not feeding into the hype then don't go. If you genuinely want to try it and can look past the hype to go in with an open mind then try it out.

We enjoyed our lunch there a couple years ago quite a bit. Tasty food and great ambiance. Party of 10, and everyone liked their meals.

We did dinner on our most recent trip a couple weeks ago. We had a great time. French onion soup was fantastic, the entrees were all great. Desserts a bit disappointing but no biggie.

Ambiance at dinner was lovely.

I agree with folks - if its not your cup of tea, there are plenty of other places to try!

We enjoyed our lunch there a couple years ago quite a bit. Tasty food and great ambiance. Party of 10, and everyone liked their meals.

We did dinner on our most recent trip a couple weeks ago. We had a great time. French onion soup was fantastic, the entrees were all great. Desserts a bit disappointing but no biggie.

Ambiance at dinner was lovely.

I agree with folks - if its not your cup of tea, there are plenty of other places to try!
Just wondering what dessert you Had? I love the strawberry cream cheese cupcake. I found the masters cupcake to be very meh.

We didn't realize the kids meal came with dessert, so we ended up with three at the table - the strawberry cupcake, a chocolate cupcake, and the grey stuff was on the custard round thing (not the long rectangle).

The strawberry cupcake was demolished by my daughter - so that probably was good. :)

The other two though were very meh. The chocolate cupcake wasn't worth the calories, not a lot of chocolate flavor and kind of dry. We ate the grey stuff off the top of the other dessert but left the rest. (And we LOVE our desserts, so this was unusual). My 3 year old who has never seen a dessert he didn't like turned his nose up at the cupcake after one bite.

I have only had dinner there, just DH and I. We very much enjoyed our soups and entrees as well as a lovely bottle of wine at a price point 4X that of our local Total Wine store. It was worth it for us to experience. DH wanted to go back on our next trip but the menu has changed so much (3 out of 4 things we liked are gone or modified beyond recognition) that we will not be returning.

We went for lunch in September. Picky eater DS ate only fries because there was nothing else on the menu that interested him. DH had the french onion soup and the french dip. He loved the sandwich, the soup not so much. I had the montecristo and thought it was good, but not great. We liked the grey stuff, but didn't love it. We liked the atmosphere. We might go back another time, but we aren't in a big rush to do so.

Been there three times, twice for lunch (QS) and once for dinner (TS). We would NEVER do a quick service there again. Both times the fries were cold and the bread felt/tasted days old. Our most recent trip was for dinner, and it was a pleasant surprise! The appetizers and entrees were both delicious and the atmosphere was much more enjoyable. We would go back for dinner service again, but would not be heartbroken if there were no ADRs available. So no you're not wrong for not caring, its pretty inside but MK is pretty in a lot of places and the food is nothing to write home about!

We love dinner there! I would suggest you give it a try for that meal. I have the French onion soup as an appetizer, the shrimp and scallops as the entree (they have changed it 2 or 3 times but I have liked each version), and the Grey Stuff for dessert. The others in my family have food allergies and they get steak with either fries or a baked potato and veggies and they say it is one of the best steaks they get at Disney.

We didn't love breakfast or dinner there either. It's definitely not a must do for us.

Bog is just “meh” for us. One and done. You’re not wrong for not caring. It opens up spots for those who do. Win win situation!

If you don't want to go then don't go.
Personally I absolutely LOVE BOG.
I've only been for lunch. (8 soon to be 9 times)
I would not bother to go for breakfast or dinner.
I definitely wouldn't care about a PPO since the park hours tend to be extended and then the PPO becomes RD.

Hi. Since you have been 8 times for lunch, can you please tell me what you have ordered and what are your favorites. My husband is leaning towards the braised pork, but hoping its not like a pulled pork with BBQ sauce; he would not like that. Any info on the pork? I am thinking maybe the turkey sandwich. Looking forward to hearing what you have ordered and your reviews, if you have the time. Thanks in advance

Hi. Since you have been 8 times for lunch, can you please tell me what you have ordered and what are your favorites. My husband is leaning towards the braised pork, but hoping its not like a pulled pork with BBQ sauce; he would not like that. Any info on the pork? I am thinking maybe the turkey sandwich. Looking forward to hearing what you have ordered and your reviews, if you have the time. Thanks in advance

I've had the turkey sandwich, roast beef sandwich, and ham sandwich.
Turkey was ok but nothing particularly special.
I loved the roast beef until they served it cold.
Had the ham in September and I'd say its my new go to.
I'm not a "dinner" type of person so I didn't have and will never have the braised pork meal.
My dad on the other hand is a homemade "meat, potatoes, and other veggie" guy and found the braised pork dinner to be right up his alley.
He also does not like BBQ sauce and this does not have anything like that.

I don't think you're missing anything by canceling BOG. Especially for dinner, it's highly overrated and overpriced.

Honestly BOG is one of my biggest Disney dining disappointments. We had a GREAT dinner experience there in 2015. Food was good (not spectacular, but definitely above average), atmosphere was nice, and our server was one of the best I've ever had anywhere. We went for lunch that year too, and it was okay, but nothing to write home about.

When we went for dinner again last year, the food was not good (all 3 of us had different things, and nobody enjoyed their meal), and the service was, at best, totally unremarkable. As bad as the entrees were, I thought I might find some solace in dessert, but that was not to be. Dessert was actually the worst part of the meal, and solidified our decision not to go back.

I felt the same way as you OP.

I had very little desire to eat at BOG but there was so much hype surrounding the restaurant and folks always talking it up I figured that there must be something wrong with me! For many trips I kept making those ADRs and cancelling them (mostly because I hate ADRs planning my trips for me but also because the menu didn’t really appeal to me) but this past Nov. my DD who specifically asked if we could go there for a meal because she really wanted to see inside beast castle. I figured breakfast was my best bet so I booked it to surprise her.

Sooooo not worth it. I only ordered one breakfast for us to split. Food was ok, not worth $25 by any stretch of the imagination. And then the chaos - holy chaos Batman! Loud, busy and did I mention chaotic? Took us forever to find a seat for two. We had to stand and watch other diners watch us watch them eat waiting for a table to open up. And it was quite loud as well. We did manage to grab a seat beside the window in the ballroom beside the Christmas tree which was wonderful but I will not waste my time with this restaurant again.

Go with your gut!

Nice to know I'm not alone. I've canceled so many ADRs for this place. If we ever make it inside we will go the dessert and fries only route LOL

Only had breakfast there but it was a brilliant way to start the day.
Early entry and quickly took a loads of photos of the bridge to the castle with nobody there.

The food wasn't anything to shout about. It's worth checking out if you need to eat at that time anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter