Am I Wrong for Not Caring About BOG?

We ate breakfast there during our Easter 2016 trip and were underwhelmed with both food and atmosphere. Didn't bother with it this past trip, but I just now booked dinner there for the upcoming June trip with my best friend. Figured we'd give dinner a whirl, and at least get to meet the Beast. The dinner menu actually sounds good to me, so that's a plus, and I love Beauty and the Beast to pieces. I think my last experience was also a bit ruined by the pervasive mood of the company I was in, so that could make a big difference as well. :)

I would do it at least once just to see the restaurant. It really is amazing all the detail put into it. I tossed up our options for our upcoming trip as my in laws have never been there. I opted for lunch, we did it before and the meal was good. I have heard mixed reviews about dinner as the food quality doesn't match what you are paying. Lunch I also feel is better because it is quick service it allows you to roam into the other rooms when you are done your meal. I would feel it to be inappropriate to be wandering around the restaurant to check out the rooms during a table service time.

Would you cancel it?
So for your situation keeping your PPO breakfast might be good, you could likely get on 7DMT without a FP and then just switch it for another ride you might want to do later that day. If they happen to change the park hours for an earlier opening then i would cancel.

I've done breakfast and lunch and wasn't impressed with either. Breakfast was way overpriced and our food was lukewarm. Lunch was a chaotic mess from the ordering process (their system wasn't working right) to the service areas not being fully stocked. No cups at one service area; no straws at another. So for all the hassle the food isn't worth it.

Based on original question?

NO.

Great building. We will personally avoid it until the food reaches the level of the architecture :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I just wanted to add in that I think based o n hype people may have their expectations of the restaurant set a bit high.
I have a fairly unique experience because I was among the first few families to enter the restaurant on the first day of soft opening.
This means I had no hype to go on, no expectations, no bias going in there one way or the other.
My whole family absolutely loved it and found it absolutely worth going for lunch that first time which is why we continue to go back.
I can understand that if someone is going off of the hype they may be a tad underwhelmed with the food choices in particular although I love sandwiches and fries so its perfect for my tastes and my dad loves a "meal" so he likes the braised pork dinner.
To me its like ok if you don't care to go then don't go but don't come on here and ask if its "wrong" that you don't want to go. Do what you feel is best for you. If that is not feeding into the hype then don't go. If you genuinely want to try it and can look past the hype to go in with an open mind then try it out.

I relate so much to the above. I grabbed a dinner reservation (9 or 9:30pm) solely because we wanted a sit down meal. It wasn’t until later that I learned what a hot reservation BOG can be.

We loved it and it was one of the most memorable experience of our trip but that had very little to do with the food and everything to do with being one of a few tables in the entire facility and a server that was fantastic.

All that being said, there is so much love for favorites and hype for “must dos” that it’s no wonder we have moments of self doubt and anxiety when we aren’t feeling something that others love.

For me, it was Ohana. The menu and style of dining aren’t for us. Disney lovers I know in real life was beyond upset that we weren’t going to Ohana. I swear they wanted to stage an intervention!

I relate so much to the above. I grabbed a dinner reservation (9 or 9:30pm) solely because we wanted a sit down meal. It wasn’t until later that I learned what a hot reservation BOG can be.

We loved it and it was one of the most memorable experience of our trip but that had very little to do with the food and everything to do with being one of a few tables in the entire facility and a server that was fantastic.

All that being said, there is so much love for favorites and hype for “must dos” that it’s no wonder we have moments of self doubt and anxiety when we aren’t feeling something that others love.

For me, it was Ohana. The menu and style of dining aren’t for us. Disney lovers I know in real life was beyond upset that we weren’t going to Ohana. I swear they wanted to stage an intervention!

We aren't interested in Ohana, either. In the end it has to come back to the food. If we cannot find something on the menu to make us want to eat there we don't see the point.

Been for dinner once. Never again!
What did you not like about it? We have had dinner reservation twice and we ended up cancelling because my DGD does not like the menu. I keep thinking we will go ahead and try it and she can order apps and dessert

We had breakfast and dinner there on our last trip and were not impressed. It honestly wasn't very good at all. I'd like to try lunch at some point, but we won't be back for the other two meals.

What did you not like about it? We have had dinner reservation twice and we ended up cancelling because my DGD does not like the menu. I keep thinking we will go ahead and try it and she can order apps and dessert

To each his own. We LOVED dinner there - WDW isn't really known for meals that are "different" on the whole so we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food as well as the menu. I absolutely love their salmon and the desserts are delicious. We did lunch there once but didn't like the chaos and wait, even with an ADR. I would do dinner only if people in your party like what's on the menu. If not, there are plenty other MK spots to choose from! Not everyone will like everything and that's ok. More for us :yay:

We had a magical meal there in Sept 2016! I cried when I saw the Beast walk by though so if Beauty and the Beast isn’t a big deal to you then it’s just not for you.

I will definitely try to get either dinner or lunch there next trip. The steak was delicious in my opinion. The truffle mayo with the fries... unforgetttable. Dessert was too much after a big meal though!

We had a magical meal there in Sept 2016! I cried when I saw the Beast walk by though so if Beauty and the Beast isn’t a big deal to you then it’s just not for you.

I will definitely try to get either dinner or lunch there next trip. The steak was delicious in my opinion. The truffle mayo with the fries... unforgetttable. Dessert was too much after a big meal though!

I love steak, but I really order it there for the truffle mayo. So good.

I don't understand why everyone loves it so much. We had a pretty ok breakfast there, but our dinner there was one of the top 2 worst dinner experiences I've ever had in any restaurant, ever. You aren't wrong to not be over the moon about it.

I would cancel and book where at restaurant that has a menu that appeals to you.

I ate there on my last visit in November and LOVED breakfast. It wasn't even PPO, so we missed a little bit of low crowd morning touring for it, but it was sooo worth it. The atmosphere was nice for sure, but the breakfast food was some of the best QS food we had all trip, IMO. And the assortment of pastries they provide for the table are a nice bonus. Is breakfast worth $24? Not really. But we had dining plan, so it was a great value for a QS credit.

My family and I enjoyed both a lunch and a dinner, about a week apart, at BOG during our last visit which was in September of 2017.

The atmosphere and service was wonderful and our food choices for both meals were delicious! We did preorder lunch before our arrival in Orlando which made things easy. (Ordered dinner at the table.) We never sat in the middle/main section (can't remember the exact names of the three dining areas) and our favorite room, where we ate lunch, was the dark one with the rose under glass and the portrait of the beast. Fabulous!

We also were lucky to have the Beast visit our dining room during dinner which made the meal more memorable.

BOG is a restaurant we plan on visiting again. We recommend it!

We weren't crazy about the much either. I dbagged a ressie years ago and strsngrky enough, I haven't been able to score another ressie there since. I'm surprised the craze hasn't died down more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter