Amazing Flights of Passage

FoP is the one ride at Disney that makes me wish for Universal's Express Pass. I think I might spend a full day riding it over and over and over and over..... (which is exactly why Disney doesn't do EP)

I will mention, we've recently watched Avatar again and it is truly amazing how close the ride and areas in Pandora are to the looks and designs in the movie. I mean, I had seen the movie a lot, even watched with DGD before we went for the opening in the land last year. But even then, I hadn't put the 2 and 2 together quite like I did when we saw the movie again last week, after visiting Pandora numerous times over the past 13 months. They put in a level of detail I'm not sure many realize. And FoP, watch the scene where Jake joins with his Banshee the first time again sometime. It's like you are riding FoP

Agreeing with all the PPs. FoP is Disney outdoing itself--and causing me to spend at least part of every day of each WDW trip at DAK.

I'd tried watching the movie twice in the last few years and turned it off both times, even though I'm a big sci-fi fan. But after doing FoP and NRJ I thought I'd give the movie another chance. You'd think that seeing the movie would give extra depth and interest to the rides, but, for me, it was the other way around--doing the rides gave extra depth and interest to the movie!

ETA: Actually, I disagree with something a PP said, because I find that every time I do the ride it's better than the first time, sometimes astoundingly better.

Agreeing with all the PPs. FoP is Disney outdoing itself--and causing me to spend at least part of every day of each WDW trip at DAK.

I'd tried watching the movie twice in the last few years and turned it off both times, even though I'm a big sci-fi fan. But after doing FoP and NRJ I thought I'd give the movie another chance. You'd think that seeing the movie would give extra depth and interest to the rides, but, for me, it was the other way around--doing the rides gave extra depth and interest to the movie!

ETA: Actually, I disagree with something a PP said, because I find that every time I do the ride it's better than the first time, sometimes astoundingly better.
Funny you mention that. We've been incredibly lucky to get FP for this a lot. AK has always been my favorite park so we always do it 2 times each trip, now 3 is not unusual and we've managed to get FoP as an additional FP quite a few times, with some very persistent searching.. So we'll manage 3, 4 rides on FoP each trip, and with 6 or 7 trips, we've gotten to ride it more than 20 times, easily. It wasn't until a trip in April that I noticed you do a barrel roll during the ride. I don't know how I never noticed it before

I rode it last Thursday for the first time. I was able to do EMH RD and was off the ride by 8:10 and then had a FP for later. Great attraction.

My niece rode it for the 1st time last week, got nauseous, rode Expedition Everest and threw up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter