Amazing Flights of Passage

I rode it 3X and watched different things each time. There is so much detail that it borders on overkill.

Funny you mention that. We've been incredibly lucky to get FP for this a lot. AK has always been my favorite park so we always do it 2 times each trip, now 3 is not unusual and we've managed to get FoP as an additional FP quite a few times, with some very persistent searching.. So we'll manage 3, 4 rides on FoP each trip, and with 6 or 7 trips, we've gotten to ride it more than 20 times, easily. It wasn't until a trip in April that I noticed you do a barrel roll during the ride. I don't know how I never noticed it before
I always try looking for new things when I ride. When I rode 5 times during my March trip I spotted something new each time.

I thought it was pretty cool. He ride mechanism and tech is what blows me away though. I can’t find it anywhere. How many people ride at once? Not per hour that I found.

Each theater has three levels of 16. There are four levels.
Wait say that again. So how many total per screen. When I looked to my right it looked like 4 levels with 5 sets of 16 people per level. So like 280 per screen?

Wait say that again. So how many total per screen. When I looked to my right it looked like 4 levels with 5 sets of 16 people per level. So like 280 per screen?
Sorry I mistyped. 3 levels, 16 per level. There are 4 theaters.

I'm so curious for it! so excited!
But I'm afraid to be disappointed...
Because I've heard it's like a better version of Soarin... I do love Soarin' but I don't think it's one of the best attractions on property.
I can't wait to ride it on our trip in October :D

FoP is the one ride at Disney that makes me wish for Universal's Express Pass. I think I might spend a full day riding it over and over and over and over..... (which is exactly why Disney doesn't do EP)

I will mention, we've recently watched Avatar again and it is truly amazing how close the ride and areas in Pandora are to the looks and designs in the movie. I mean, I had seen the movie a lot, even watched with DGD before we went for the opening in the land last year. But even then, I hadn't put the 2 and 2 together quite like I did when we saw the movie again last week, after visiting Pandora numerous times over the past 13 months. They put in a level of detail I'm not sure many realize. And FoP, watch the scene where Jake joins with his Banshee the first time again sometime. It's like you are riding FoP

Agreeing with all the PPs. FoP is Disney outdoing itself--and causing me to spend at least part of every day of each WDW trip at DAK.

I'd tried watching the movie twice in the last few years and turned it off both times, even though I'm a big sci-fi fan. But after doing FoP and NRJ I thought I'd give the movie another chance. You'd think that seeing the movie would give extra depth and interest to the rides, but, for me, it was the other way around--doing the rides gave extra depth and interest to the movie!

ETA: Actually, I disagree with something a PP said, because I find that every time I do the ride it's better than the first time, sometimes astoundingly better.

Agree with both of these regarding the movie - had never seen it before, as it didn't interest me much, but gave it a chance when it came on after riding FoP in the fall. Still couldn't get into the movie, but was amazed at how well the ride was themed after seeing it, and even the Banshee that DD of courses had to buy, the coloring was spot on to one in the movie and matched the texture look as well.

Loved the ride and feeling of flying - Soarin on steroids I like to say! So much smoother than Star Tours, so didnt feel quesy at all which i was worried about. Was able to get a FP for DS and friend to do it on Senior Trip a few weeks ago, and they said it was really crazy and unexpected - DS has a VR system they use a lot, and thought the technogy was good. Can't wait to ride it a second time on future trip to be able to take in even more.

There's always one........ ;)
Well there's at least two! :blush: It's a really cool ride but I don't count it among my favorites. The hassle of getting FP takes some of the enjoyment away for me, and there's no way I'd wait standby for it. But I get why people love it and I love that Disney is pushing the boundaries for theme park entertainment.

Ok, so as scheduling would have it, AK is going to be our second day of the trip. There are 8 of us going (6 are tall enough for this ride).

Are fast passes really that tough to get? Has Slinky Dog/Toy Story Land alleviated this at all?

Our trip is for the week after Thanksgiving. Touring plans has it projected as a 4.

Thoughts/Advice?

Question for those who’ve been multiple times- does every seat have a good view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter