Amazing Flights of Passage

Ok, so as scheduling would have it, AK is going to be our second day of the trip. There are 8 of us going (6 are tall enough for this ride).

Are fast passes really that tough to get? Has Slinky Dog/Toy Story Land alleviated this at all?

Our trip is for the week after Thanksgiving. Touring plans has it projected as a 4.

Thoughts/Advice?
Book it first in overlapping pairs. 2, 2, 2. It's possible you'll get all three pairs at the same time slot but at worst you'll get them all in the same hour.

If they do end up in the same time slot MDE will group them back together for you

I was SO SICK. Never again for me. DH and DS loved it

I really think this is going to be me. Star Tours makes me sick every time and Soarin' can at times. Even Space will make me a little queasy once in a while. Funny though I don't get seasick or plane sick.

What do you think about this attraction for people with motion sickness?
Please don't skip this ride because you think it will be too scary or too much for motion sickness. The nice thing is, you can close your eyes on this ride if it gets too much. Your ride seat does not move, spin, or go crazy. I worried so much, and the first time I rode it I closed my eyes for fear of the drops (have I mentioned I am SUCH a chicken!!) but this is a smooth ride. It took me 3 times (over 2 different trips) before I could do the full ride with my eyes open the entire time--but its now my favorite ride in Disney. Its incredible--even my little guy loves it. I can get motion sickness out of one ride of Star Tours--this is such improved technology. I've not been to Universal, so I can't compare it to their stuff. Give it a try--I promise its not bad!

Question for those who’ve been multiple times- does every seat have a good view?
Yes, excellent viewing. Also--another tip--you can get a beverage (they serve both alcoholic and non) right there in Pandora to enjoy while in line. The green beer stuff was excellent...we got to have an adult only trip this spring and my hubby and I went into AK just an hour before closing, got a beverage, waited on the que line, and as we let out, we ran right back, got into line again...and rode a second time before the park closed. It was amazing! Have a fun!!

Yes, excellent viewing. Also--another tip--you can get a beverage (they serve both alcoholic and non) right there in Pandora to enjoy while in line. The green beer stuff was excellent...we got to have an adult only trip this spring and my hubby and I went into AK just an hour before closing, got a beverage, waited on the que line, and as we let out, we ran right back, got into line again...and rode a second time before the park closed. It was amazing! Have a fun!!

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip!

I've ridden only once, last Sept, and it was A M A Z I N G. People were gasping and screaming with delight, clapped and cheered at the end. I was SHAKING walking to the boneyard to meet up with my people and on the way called people at home to tell them about it. 12 days till I get to make FP+ choices for our trip this Sept. I'm definitely getting more than one this time. And I agree.... NOTHING like Soarin'.

I really think this is going to be me. Star Tours makes me sick every time and Soarin' can at times. Even Space will make me a little queasy once in a while. Funny though I don't get seasick or plane sick.
If Soarin is an issue I feel strongly FOP will be. I am fine on Soarin

I have MINIMAL motion sickness issues and I was miserable

I have mild motion sickness issues. Simulators don't do me in, cause I can always close my eyes when I need to, but I can't handle spinning (Teacups).

My first FoP ride caused a very mild nausea that was gone within an hour. Second and third rides I decided to try some Motion Ease drops behind the ears, and there was no nausea at all. (I've wondered if those drops really do any good, and now I suspect that they do. I still won't do the Teacups, however....)

I have a good friend who has motion issues, and she totally struggled on the ride. She said never again. I get some motion issues, but make it through this just fine. I will sometimes have to close my eyes for a moment on Star Tours, or Harry Potter Forbidden Journey. Not closing my eyes on FOP though. Fortunate that it does not bother me too much.

Just did it today for the first time. Truly amazing! It is a joyful and thrilling experience. I won't give anything away, but it's the best ride I've ever done!!
100% agree. Seriously makes me think my 1st and last days might switch from MK to AK just for this ride.
It literally took my breath away my first time. I actually gasped when the screen opened up. SO beautifully done! (I just don't like those glasses! :))
I felt so exhilarated and relaxed at the same time after this one that I was like "I wanna do it again!" Absolutely magical.

I've never had a bad ride, not even a medicore one so I believe yes every seat does have a good view.

NOTHING like Soarin
I agree 100%. Never had a bad seat.

ETA: DH can't deal with the motion. Not sure why. He was always fine on Soarin', but after doing FoP, he wasn't too thrilled about Soarin' either. And Philharmagic kinda bothered him too, which it never had before. So my new strategy is that I book FP+s for both of us and use his after I use mine! He hangs out and people-watches, which is always fun at WDW.

I'm so curious for it! so excited!
But I'm afraid to be disappointed...
Because I've heard it's like a better version of Soarin... I do love Soarin' but I don't think it's one of the best attractions on property.
I can't wait to ride it on our trip in October :D
I was thinking the same after seeing things online and although they are similar I wouldn't say its a better version of Soarin. The tech is so much better on this and all the little things that its really nothing like Soarin to me. I think you're gonna love it.

I was thinking the same after seeing things online and although they are similar I wouldn't say its a better version of Soarin. The tech is so much better on this and all the little things that its really nothing like Soarin to me. I think you're gonna love it.

Agreed. I went in expecting an "improved" Soarin' and that's not at all what it was, not to me at least. It was far more immersive, far more. I've now ridden it 6 times and been in several different seats; in my opinion, there are no bad seats. I thought I wouldn't like being at the bottom, but it was still great, and a different perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter