Amazing Flights of Passage

We loved FOP so much after one ride that we redid our departure day plans to be at AK for EMH and then RAN to FOP with the rope drop crowd *while wearing heavy backpacks*. (Our carry-ons, because we were going to be Uber-ing to the airport from the park and the luggage lockers are after the entry point, so stopping there would have meant falling hundreds of people behind.)

I don't remember which room we were in, but both times we rode I could see the other rooms if I looked to the side. Still thought the effects and view were amazing and not at all skewed.

FoP is the one ride at Disney that makes me wish for Universal's Express Pass. I think I might spend a full day riding it over and over and over and over..... (which is exactly why Disney doesn't do EP)

I will mention, we've recently watched Avatar again and it is truly amazing how close the ride and areas in Pandora are to the looks and designs in the movie. I mean, I had seen the movie a lot, even watched with DGD before we went for the opening in the land last year. But even then, I hadn't put the 2 and 2 together quite like I did when we saw the movie again last week, after visiting Pandora numerous times over the past 13 months. They put in a level of detail I'm not sure many realize. And FoP, watch the scene where Jake joins with his Banshee the first time again sometime. It's like you are riding FoP

I would too... if I could skip the preshow. That guy is too much.

What do you think about this attraction for people with motion sickness?

Out of our party of 6, we have 3 that suffer from motion sickness. All 3 took anti nausea meds about an hour before we rode FOP and they all did well. If you know that you suffer from motion sickness then I absolutely recommend taking something before hand. All three were so glad they didn't skip the ride and would definitely ride again. FOP is amazing!

If one feels motion-sick on FoP,will closing one's eyes help or is there too much motion with the ride vehicle for that to help?

If one feels motion-sick on FoP,will closing one's eyes help or is there too much motion with the ride vehicle for that to help?

Hmm. Honestly not sure. Such an immersive experience I don't remember the flight vehicle as much, although I know it did Move. Too beautiful to close my eyes!

There's not much motion.

On my first ride, I closed my eyes for the deep dives, and it definitely helped.

There is a decent amount of motion up and down, probably more than many people realize since it's so smooth. But I think it's still small enough that closing your eyes would help.

I think this video shows a good view of the motion without spoiling the ride.

I was SO SICK. Never again for me. DH and DS loved it

Question - did you take bonine (or similar), or did you go in without taking anything?

I ask, because I just got 3 FPs for FOP for our August trip (I easily get motion sickness, but bonine has worked for me on other Disney rides).

Question - did you take bonine (or similar), or did you go in without taking anything?

I ask, because I just got 3 FPs for FOP for our August trip (I easily get motion sickness, but bonine has worked for me on other Disney rides).
No. Because I don’t usually have any problem

This!

Much about WDW can make me a little teary, but I never thought a single attraction (and one that is really not Disney-related in any way) could have that effect. It's an incredible experience.

WDW is just amazing. I want to go back as soon as we can manage it. I've fallen in love with the place. ❤

Well there's at least two! :blush: It's a really cool ride but I don't count it among my favorites. The hassle of getting FP takes some of the enjoyment away for me, and there's no way I'd wait standby for it. But I get why people love it and I love that Disney is pushing the boundaries for theme park entertainment.

Add 3 to the list. I did enjoy it and I though it was a cool ride but I would never wait more than 30 minutes for it. My daughter who doesn't like 3D and motion got a little queasy. She liked it and wants to do it once every trip but not every day. I will try for FP's when ever we go back again.

I don't like the movie Avatar. I was not happy about Pandora in AK. I saw the land it looked cool. I saw people reporting that it made them teary eyed and while some things at WDW certainly make me teary eyed, I absolutely did not believe this ride would move me emotionally at all. I had zero emotional, nostalgic, etc investment in anything Avatar.

We get to the end of the ride and my daughter looks over at me and says, "Mom..are you crying?" I exit the ride and my husband hands me his magic band and sends me off to ride it again. We had FP, he was waiting with our youngest, and he had gone on it previously on another trip. He knew how much I would love it, but wouldn't say so until I had been on that first ride. You don't have to love Avatar, or even like it. FoP is beyond an IP. It's just a beautiful, well done ride (minus the preshow, lol). If you like nature, if you like storytelling, this ride is for you.

Ok I did not see Avatar. Meant to before our trip. I am a ride chicken trying to put on big girl pants.
Won’t ride EE, RnR, TOT, space mountain.
Thrill rides for me BMTRR, Splash(drop) soarin, star tours.
I was scared to ride FOP but boy am I ever so happy I did:worship:
Best ride ever. It was the most exhilarating experience of my life. So much so I ALMOST rode EE:scared: I am talking serious consideration.
Loved this ride so much I arrived at park opening at 7:20 next day. They opened gates at 7:30.
I was off ride by 8:10 including race walk there.
I think I would live a fearless life if I could start my day with that ride every day:o
Kerri

Ok I did not see Avatar. Meant to before our trip. I am a ride chicken trying to put on big girl pants.
Won’t ride EE, RnR, TOT, space mountain.
Thrill rides for me BMTRR, Splash(drop) soarin, star tours.
I was scared to ride FOP but boy am I ever so happy I did:worship:
Best ride ever. It was the most exhilarating experience of my life. So much so I ALMOST rode EE:scared: I am talking serious consideration.
Loved this ride so much I arrived at park opening at 7:20 next day. They opened gates at 7:30.
I was off ride by 8:10 including race walk there.
I think I would live a fearless life if I could start my day with that ride every day:o
Kerri

I don't like thrill rides either! This was amazing! I do EE with my kids once a year though. The other ones I haven't attempted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter